©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom! That vid was awesome!! Were you nervous? Very cool! Looks like you had a blast!! Way to go brother!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ballsomatic! Damn AA ! Hey i'm heading to the gym in a sec.
Gonna do some more arm work. Thx . T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom! That vid was awesome!! Were you nervous? Very cool! Looks like you had a blast!! Way to go brother!

I used to be so afraid of heights and I've done roller coasters and stuff but I wanted to see if I could handle this. I honestly wasn't nervous. I think I got a little nervous getting on the plane because I knew there was no going back then but once we got in the air you don't realize how high you are because there is really no point of reference. Once you get to the door it is just boom! GO! And then you feel like you are floating. You can't tell how fast you are going at all but you basically fall from 13,500 ft to around 5,000 ft in a minute.

As far as training goes, legs today. Felt tired as hell and took a little longer rest between exercises and sets.

Seated calves 5 x 10-12 superset with
Seated leg curls 5 x 12

Russian knee curls (15-20rp) up ten lbs 9+4+2

BB squats up 5 lbs on all sets 1x10, 1x8, 2x6

Leg press WM drop set

Leg extension drop set

Back to work tomorrow, but not getting paid. I was called in a deemed an essential employee

Keep on crushing it turbo!!!!

Thunder, if you ever have the chance do it!!! The adrenaline rush is out if this world. The only downside is the harness when you do spins with the parachute open. Holy shit, I thought my balls were gonna pop

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I'll leave the skydiving for you Atom, LOL! Awesome post though!

Hit chest today, I was off a little after a week of vacation living but it felt great. Looking forward to back tomorrow.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Great video. Looked like you had a blast.

I'm back on a real cycle again so hitting it hard to make use of the help.

Will be 5 days: upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/full (upper focus)/rest

Focusing on compound movements. We'll see what can be gained in 3 months.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Have fun triple and grow like beast!

I took a pic of my logbook, this is what it should look.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381202398.656775.jpg

Yeah, that is blood, mixed with sweat and chalk

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Trained back this morning with bi's.
Lat pull downs 5x15 super set dumbbell curls

Free motion pull downs 5x15 superset hammer strength curls

Seated rows 5x15 superset preacher curls

Reverse peck deck 5x15 superset cable curls

Crazy pump and off to work :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Going a little high rep Jim? BTW, nice to see you on genx!

Chest shoulders and tris this AM (last workout listed in the pics above)

Incline Smith Bench (15-20RP) 12+5+3 beat LT (last time)
Scoop Fly WM went up 5lbs 18reps
Db Shoulder Press (20-30RP) 14+7+4 beat LT by 5 reps
Side Lateral WM (21reps) then very short ROM rear delt raises (this is Meadows thing)
Triceps Dips (15-20RP) went up 10lbs 9+4+2 these are so freaking tough after doing the DB presses
O/H triceps Ext WM drop set Sick pump

I'm back in work, but no idea when I'll get paid....

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Going a little high rep Jim? BTW, nice to see you on genx!

Thanks bro.... Yeah at 42 i just cant lift the heavy weights the way i used to day in and day out. I still like to go heavy from time to time to change it up but i am just doing the heavier sets once a month or so. I still fatigue the muscle to total failure on almost every set and i love the pump :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thanks bro.... Yeah at 42 i just cant lift the heavy weights the way i used to day in and day out. I still like to go heavy from time to time to change it up but i am just doing the heavier sets once a month or so. I still fatigue the muscle to total failure on almost every set and i love the pump :)

Well the studies have shown heavy and light weight both stimulate hypertrophy. It is about generating muscular damage through an increased/changed stimulus... Which we call progressive overload

If you've seen in my training, I do the WMs and they seem to get me that pump I am looking for.

Something I don't post, but want to make note of with my training is that after all of the regular RP sets, I do a drop set. Most of the time is is two drops and I do two RP sets at each drop... You wanna talk about fatigue? That is some intense shit!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Well the studies have shown heavy and light weight both stimulate hypertrophy. It is about generating muscular damage through an increased/changed stimulus... Which we call progressive overload

If you've seen in my training, I do the WMs and they seem to get me that pump I am looking for.

Something I don't post, but want to make note of with my training is that after all of the regular RP sets, I do a drop set. Most of the time is is two drops and I do two RP sets at each drop... You wanna talk about fatigue? That is some intense shit!

Funny you say that about drop sets. I do the same thing. Almost every set is a drop set. I like doing it that way so I don't need to use a spotter . As I have gotten older I have found that having a training partner just slows me down. All I need is an iPod with my headphones and I am happy ;)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok . Leaving for legs . I'm looking to turn it up a notch or two.
Will holler back when done. Smash that shit like ya mean it!!
T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Funny you say that about drop sets. I do the same thing. Almost every set is a drop set. I like doing it that way so I don't need to use a spotter . As I have gotten older I have found that having a training partner just slows me down. All I need is an iPod with my headphones and I am happy ;)

I feel the same way. I train a pretty good pace and with the rest-pauses and drop sets a partner would be such a hindrance to my work.

We seem to have th same kind of mindset...Hit it hard and intense and destroy the muscle as efficiently as possible and get the fuck out.

Ok . Leaving for legs . I'm looking to turn it up a notch or two.
Will holler back when done. Smash that shit like ya mean it!!
T

YEAHHHHHHHHH buddyyyyyyy!!!!!:headbang:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Dam straight Turbousa because i was about to call QDs to make sure you were there.
Monday was a low carb lookin flat as heck chest day.. Unfortunately i have some legal action i need to pursue so will be a rest with stress day and i dislike it already.. i feel good on my pct as like Grim states as i too personally in receptor over load especuially at my age.. i gotta get ripped to fish and flex as i reel., correct turbobusa? Talk to u guys later tonite..live it up!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Yeah I'd give today a doozy in the scheme of getting back to it.
High rep exts and leg curls . I then went to leg press 6-7 sets
ranging from 700-1300lbs . next right to slo mo tut hacks ouch ouch ouch!
Back to hams and some hgeavier sets of plate loaded seated imediatley
to light feat high ham targeted legs presses for some reps.
Nothing really heavy or overlly intense but it;s coming.
I will be putting some wt on my back for some light break in squatting next session I hope. Sat and shot the shit with Ed. Guy has the best stories and all true.Starting to come back to life.. Hope you guys have a great day . Mine is starting pretty good. Wifes off work next couple days . Gotta go eat and get laid now. Thx , T..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a great back session today. My training partner helped me with forced reps. Went well considering I was off last week. Maybe I should consider more time off occasionally. Plus, my job has me real stressed so I was ready to burn some adrenaline.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
It's hard to take time off from the gym but its good for your body bro ;) I know you already know this but I bet it felt great going back

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest day today changed things up a bi's

Bench 5x8-12 225 skull crushers for trios

Free weight flys 5x12 65 lb dumbbells dips

Peck deck 5x15 tri kick backs

Free motion incline flys tricep push downs

Decided to go a little heavier today after chatting with atom :) felt great but will probably go a bit lighter for the next couple weeks but it was great to shock the muscles

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Looks like you guys are on point this week. Cool. Today will be PT in about 20 mins.No gym . Taking granddaughter (2) to catch some bluegills and crappies.
Have a feeling by night I'll have some good delayed onset in the legs from yesterday. AA I really dig your all encompassing style of traing the various
muscle and vascular componants. red/white fast/slow/ volume/intensity.
That was always my way to in really productive gym times. I'm heading in that direction again as I heal. I do have enough healing time to slap slimey lawyers around right now though. N/J (not joking) Holler back at cha's later.. T