©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
You are 5'2"? Holy shit.... That's my height...I need to put in some fucking work

I'm big boned :sHa_lolbig2: I started working out when I was 22, I think I was around 140-150lbs, maybe less. I did volume for about a year then started DC. Beating the log book :)action-smiley-064:) put the meat on.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Me too Hellbilly. I would just feel kinda crappy for 3-4 hours on log.

Back today after lunch!

I am off that train. I do not intend to use it until after I compete on a national stage and see where I land. I let my qualification lapse after winning my class. I used humalog and tried it multiple ways based on advice from various experienced people. Yeah, I got big, 228lbs at 5'2". However, it started making me feel like shit everytime I would use it. Not hypo but just lousy, fucking with my appetite. It could have been the way I was using it or just being burnt out or too much gear, who knows. I just plan to use regular ol' gear to see what I can get my weight back up to. I managed to stay around 195lbs at a decent body fat without anything for 6 months but now I just started using test again at a lower dose. This isn't to say that 3 months from now I don't start slamming 15iu of humalog pre workout and post. :eek:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
So I'm sitting at my desk in work and I'm reading something from Grim and I see this:

"I'm Slin Shady yeah I'm the pin shady
All you other slin shadys are just hypo in waiting..."

I think I just pissed my pants. You guys are fucking hilarious!!!!!

So will real sin shady please pin up, please carb up....

I got a similar message- I woke my girlfriend up to read it! She didn't find it as genius as we did-😕

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I'm big boned :sHa_lolbig2: I started working out when I was 22, I think I was around 140-150lbs, maybe less. I did volume for about a year then started DC. Beating the log book :)action-smiley-064:) put the meat on.

Well damn...I've been training since I was 12-13 years old, like serious training, not missing a day. Mainly for sports though...

I'm still a bantamweight lol

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Well damn...I've been training since I was 12-13 years old, like serious training, not missing a day. Mainly for sports though...

Damn.
Genetics man. Keep hitting it hard, you'll progress.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
It ain't the weight Atom, its how you look in that mirror and you look great.

Tore through back today. Love it!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Checked out a new gym today- damn they had some bad ass back equipment and the leg stuff was also bad ass. Too bad everything else licked dick.

Killed back today- felt like I could have lifted for hours on hours

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Due to scheduling, I split legs up, which I actually prefer. Did hammies tonight and as they were first and ONLY, weights were up nicely, rest cut slightly and KILLED IT.
I respond very well to volume. Just because the reps are many, doesn't mean the weight's light/easy. The second rep has you wonder WTF am I thinking here....LOL

Seated leg curls 4x12
Lying leg curls 4x12 add weight last two sets
SLDL 3x12 add weight last two sets
Wide/High Leg Press 3x12 add weight last two sets
Hypers 3x12
Adductor machine 3x12

Fried....I love it.
Tomorrow morning is light chest, focused on incline and non-shoulder assistance. Tomorrow evening quads... Muahahahah!

Grim

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Enigmatic said licked dick hahaha. I chuckled

Grim, it was my leg session too. All aboard the slin bus to pump town ;)

Started with leg curls, nothing special kept getting progressively heavier from 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
Squats, went up 10lbs on all 4 sets
This is where it got fun... One leg v-squats 3 sets of 8 with each leg - burned like a hot iron
Then, this was the money shot: Leg press - started with 12RM, 12 reps, increase it 20lbs max reps, increase 20lbs then max reps.... I did this until I failed at my 5rm BUT THAT'S NOT ALL... Then I pyramided all the way back down doing about 6 sets till failure.

Oh but was i done? Fuck no... Leg extentions 4 sets 2nd set had 5 partials, 3rd had 10 partials and 4th had 15 partials

THEN Stiff legged deads off a box 3 sets of 12

HOLY SCHMOKES!!!!!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Sounds like a killer routine Atom, my speed for sure!

Off to bed, I gotz to hit some chest in the morning. Ready to do some damage. Worked on some trigger points in my right forearm and delt, I'm so fu*king ready. Finding my stride now, it's nice to train like this again.
:)
G.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Shoulders bombed today. Right shoulder hurt like a mofo. Deep in the joint itself. Sux. Got some dmso on the way to see if I can get some relief.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I hit quads/glutes/tris

Started with tris
Wide grip cable push downs -4
Single hand supinated cable push downs-3
PronAted single handed push downs (super heavy movement) 1x10 1x8 1x6 2x3
Overhead DB xtensions
Skull Crushers super heavy (this has been adding so much thickness to the belly of my tris)

Legs-
3 light sets of extensions
6 heavy pyramid sets xtensions
Leg press 6 heavy pyramid sets and done!

Left a bit early but felt like I could have lifted all fucking day

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, that is not cool man, simply not cool.... heal up

E got his sexy on I see...cha ching!

Did a lot on tension work today for chest. Here was the order:
Hex press: 4x8
Incline DB press to Fly (on the negative - done super slow): 4x10
Inc. BB bench (constant tension - no lockout, slow reps): 4x6
Nautilus Machine press Neutral grip press: 4x6 (pushed chest out at the bottom for a deep stretch to hit the pec minor, one second peak contraction squeeze)
Pec dec flies: 3x12 (5, 10 and 15 partials done after each set)

Front Delt Raises: 4x12
Superset of Smith Behind the neck press: 5x8 and Side Laterals 5x12
Superset of Rear Delt Flies 4x15 and Cable Upright Rows: 4x10
Drop Set on machine laterals 4 drops

Toasted! Slin was timed on point and I felt great the whole session

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Back day and rollin' swollen...

Did three pairs of supersets as well as two separate exercises, Started with meadows rows and bb bent rows. Then racks deads and nautilus plate loaded pull downs, each done on its own. Then a superset of one arm free motion pull downs and low rows finished off with straight bar pull downs and back hypers.

Snapped this while at the gym ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377314503.163027.jpg

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Looking peeled brother, nicely done.
Leaving shortly to do some delt assault!
Some assisted negative only sets at the end to juice my neural system.
Yesterday was a sort of 'cheat day' but only in sodium. My macros were still spot on despite getting a tooth extracted (wisdom molar - not visible so I still look amazingly handsome :rolleyes: - yeah right)
Anyway, found myself craving my CUBE - Wendy's burger with 4 patties. So I got one with large fries, diet coke and wolfed that down. Along with a 3/4 lb. triple with everything. Yep, 7 patties of goodness - still came in right on with macros within 10 or so gms. LMAO! My wife said we need another fridge for me. No joke. haha.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, looking fantastic brother. You are doing it right!

Grim, this is too funny, couple days ago I had the burger craving too. Hit 5 Guys and downed a double patty burger, fries and semi-sweet tea. Ate every freaking thing in 10 minutes and it tasted good! Did I mention eating a bowl of peanuts while I waited on the burger?

Got guns down today at lunch!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Atom, looking fantastic brother. You are doing it right!

Grim, this is too funny, couple days ago I had the burger craving too. Hit 5 Guys and downed a double patty burger, fries and semi-sweet tea. Ate every freaking thing in 10 minutes and it tasted good! Did I mention eating a bowl of peanuts while I waited on the burger?

Got guns down today at lunch!

LMAO!
I ate 3/4 bag of blue diamond chocolate almonds afterwards and a chocolate cupcake my two daughters made too. Must have helped me fuel up. KILLED IT this morning bro.
My heavy delt day, was supposed to do just singles on one part of the workout, I went Coleman and did 4 reps like a maniac second single. LOL.

Heavy Delts
*Work sets only
Military press 2x3, 2x1(4 on second set), 1xNegative only
Wide grip upright rows 3x8-12
Bent over DB laterals 3x12
(Biceps/forearm extensors FINALLY loosened up, so did 3x8-12 seated heavy alternate DB curls-biceps needed that!)
DB shrugs 3x10-12