©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Must be back day on the Brick thread. I hit back too. Love it. I was sweating like a good 'ol gym rat. Deads, t-bars, dumbell rows, one armed cable rows, then the close grip pull-downs for the finale

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Nothing today . Hanging with my grandaughter and wife.
Met up with my gym bud thats . competing at the usa this weekend.
Shw. Think he'lll come in between 286 -290. Looks bout ready.
He is a member here at anasci. legs again tomorrow.you're gonna be hearing that for a while. weaning off the sling starting thursday. look for ward to
maye thanks giving to get going on a slow upper body ramp up.
Have feeling i'll wish i'd got it done sooner. Feeling better and better everyday.
Have less resting pain now than i did pre surgery. That is a great sign.

2014 is gonna be a doozy.!.... keep at it

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
I didn't even do cardio today. Some pieces of shit tried to break into my home today and screwed up my whole mental state. I don't know what I more angry about missing meals or fixing a door.

Tomorrow is another day.

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
He is a member here at anasci. legs again tomorrow.you're gonna be hearing that for a while. weaning off the sling starting thursday. look for ward to
Have feeling i'll wish i'd got it done sooner. Feeling better and better everyday.

Damn that's a big dude, good luck!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere

Tell the pip squeak I said "good luck" ;)
Glad you're feeling better man, rest up, heal up and then start getting back into it as you can. That's awesome to hear you're coming along bro.
G.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Back day all around!

Shit Hellbilly, that is kind of scary, but you are one dude I would not want to run into after breaking into a house...

Turbo, glad to hear things are shaping up. Keep on keeping on...and 2014 is DEFINITELY going to be a doozy!

I wasn't able to do my favorite back superset because of two dbags...one old dude who smelled like a rotten italian sub and another guy who refused to leave the smith and he smelled like BO and pickles...

Anyway...still rocked my shit like a badass

DB deadstop rows: 4x10
Rack deads: 5x5
BB bent Rows: 4x8
Nautilus plate loaded pulldowns (full stretch at the top and letting my shoulder blades separate): 4x8
Stretchers: 4x12 - doing these after the pulldowns made for a sick lat pump
Superset of 1-arm freemotion pulldowns (4x8) and low cable neutral grip rows (4x8)
Superset of straight arm pulldowns: 4x12 and Back hypers: 4x12

I added in some ab work between sets as well

This is Anasci...We get fuckin' swole!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere

I wasn't able to do my favorite back superset because of two dbags...one old dude who smelled like a rotten italian sub and another guy who refused to leave the smith and he smelled like BO and pickles......

:sport-smiley-002:

LMFAO @ that visual!

Dude, there's a guy who trains in my place - looks like Bob Seger circa 1977 EXACTLY:

Exhibit A:
1977%2011.30%20Bob%20Seger%20-%20Leroy%20lp.jpg

wears a truckers cap, tight tshirt and ...wait for it...denim shorts cut like Daisy Duke. Complete the look with knee high socks and walmart sneakers. What.The.F*ck.

Last edited:

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Been training, eating, hitting the slin and prop. Finally broke my fucking plateau that was depressing me so much I couldn't post.

Woke up at 225.8lbs. Heaviest I've ever been and up 6lbs in two weeks. And there was much rejoicing!

Back day today, for me, too.

Doesn't look like that much on paper, but it kicked my ass!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377654538363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377654538363.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 28

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
T - glad you are feeling better. Patience will get you there bro!

Hellbilly, damn! Glad they only fucked up your door and didn't get your stuff

Atom - I know that's not funny, but I would love to have seen your face when you smelled those guys!!

Triple - nice progress!!

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Hell yeah, everybody is hitting it hard.

Turns out it was a couple of loser teenagers thinking they could do a quick smash and grab, the pussies couldn't even crowbar the door in. I live downtown, these guys all act tough but most of them have enough sense to not break in while you're at home, however, some occasionally make that mistake.

Tomorrow I've got back, gonna hit the iron hard after the day I had today. I'm up a few lbs as well, things could be worse.. I could be natural again.:sSig_eeeek:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Grim, I'm going to try to sneak a pic of this one dude at my gym. Wear short ass jean shorts, neon string T-s, two pairs of socks (one short and one high), a bandanna, has nipple rings that are clearly visible since he has on a string t, and he oils up in baby oil while on the gym floor. EPIC!!!!!

triple, it is all about the intensity! You can fucking smoke yourself with one exercise if you need to...

Hellbilly, I'm LMAO at the natural comment... I looked at pics before I got on HRT and I was like holy shit! My face was all round and pudgy, I wasn't fat, but I honestly did not have masculine features... It's nice having a script hahaha

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest and tri's today
Hammer strength chest 5x 12-15 reps super set dips
Free weight flys 5x 12 reps super set triceps push downs
Free motion decline flys super set skull crushers
Pump was insane!!! Everything was to failure. Great workout looking forward to a rest day tomorrow with some extra sleep :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
pickles bo and rotten sub ... haaaa haaaa. Tears in my eyes.. AA you got me smiling. HB. get a dog(s). My house is the only not broken into one on my block other than two with mean ass dogs like mine. Also have the big glaring red pistol sticker on the front door with the warning we do not call 911
in bold large print. Well guess what i'm training today----yep legs again..
Gonna be fairly limited but it's something. Rock on brothers .
Hey wheres IB? thx T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, your stories remind me of one. Years ago I worked out in a hardcore gym and there was this chick that came in reeking of BO all the time. It smelled like rancid pepperoni. She had hairy legs and underarms too. Get the picture? LOL

No weights for me today, just finished 30 minutes of cardio (speed walking) in the sun and fresh air. Trying to get my shoulder settled down for a shoulder day tomorrow. The dmso didn't do diddly squat.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well short and sweet. after bicycle warm up 1 set 100 legs exts 1 more set 50reps but a little heavier couple sets hams then couple high rep sets of leg press and one finish set very light. did add another 90lbs . I'll probably do that for a few weeks then start again at a rep increase and weekly wt add.
Nothing crazy . only have one arm to hold myself in place on leg presses.
Slow but steady.. Glad you guys are getting in some good w/o's
Thx T

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
back tonight

Heavy T-bar
Heavy Meadow Rows
Chins to failure for 6 sets
Stretchers
Pullovers

Time to eat!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, go to hell...that is not the kind of thing I need to picture right now lol

Arms tonight - all supersets
Machine curls (done 6 reps on one arm, 6 on the other then 4 and 4) with Triceps rope pressdowns (deep squeeze and contraction at bottom)

Hammer curls (3 second negative) with triceps dips

Incline bench DB curls with seated rope extension (elbows tucked - like a skullcrusher)

Spider curls with overhead EZ bar triceps extensions

BB curls 40s (do 6 reps with about your 10rep max and rest 10 seconds and keep repeting until you hit 40 reps)

Bent over triceps extensions rest-pause drop sets

Arms had a ridiculous pump it was cartoonish haha