©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Grim and Brick.... You guys need to experience a true burger. The Abbey Burger bistro...if you're ever passing through MD hit me up and we're getting some true pristine burger goodness.

Arms today...had to get my swole on before going out with my girl haha

Catch up with y'all later

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Atom- fuck call the police! Some one stole your neck!!! Wtf happened? Where did it go? Did you have a lock on it? It's fucking missing!!!!!!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
IDam Atom u are right mr freak..Best i think u looked ..awesome....
Been off the grid for a while got some personal deals goin but i read your guys post.B.G.A T etc and snap outa my bs hit the gym late real late.. and doin 100 reps low weight but my joints are. diggen it and can really focus mentally during a set. Thks for the great reads .and leg day 100 sunday ...did i say dam Atom?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
IDam Atom u are right mr freak..Best i think u looked ..awesome....
Been off the grid for a while got some personal deals goin but i read your guys post.B.G.A T etc and snap outa my bs hit the gym late real late.. and doin 100 reps low weight but my joints are. diggen it and can really focus mentally during a set. Thks for the great reads .and leg day 100 sunday ...did i say dam Atom?

I like seated calves for a set of 100, as many sets as you need to get it done. Just get the knees forward over the toes so it's all soleus and take the gastroc out of the picture. Better yet, slam some standing calves before that and wipe the gastroc first so it can't help worth a damn on that 100 seated!
Get em IB!

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Hit arms on friday and legs today.

seated leg curls
Squats
Teardrop busters on leg press
Leg extension partials
SLDL

Tomorrow is Monday, ugh.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey brick, hear that? Atom's buying! ;) j/k brother, I'd love to grab some eats with you guys. Oh yeah, pump those up ... the better to grab her with!
Have fun!
G.

Hey, I invited, of course I'm buying...

Thanks for all of the support guys. Definitely working my ass off to grow and stay lean. It helps having people in your corner for sure. That's why this thread is so motivating.

I hit legs later on in the day on Sunday. Pretty good session too.

Seated leg curls 4x15
Leg press: 1x10, 2x8, 1x6
Front Squats (decided to mix it up from back squats): 3x6
Smith lunges: 4x12 (each leg)
Leg extension pyramid partials: This is one of Mountain Dog's finishers... Your quads will be on fire after these - I'll bet Hellbilly knows what I am talking about
Lying Leg Curl Isotension: 3 isotension sets - I love these. You can feel the deep deep pulling and burning in your hammies
RDLS: 3x12
Seated Calves: 4x12

Damn Mondays... I don't even know how I am functioning lol

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My favorite workout day of the week is Monday! Time to get my dead-lift on! :headbang:

Tonight is back, going to hit it hard! KILL IT!

If you guys are looking for something a little different for back day, I think my new favorite pairing is: Smith One Arm Suitcase rows with Meadows Rows. Get a real deep contraction and pull it right to your chest while bent over then go slam the Meadows rows. I let my lats get a good stretch on the Meadows rows and you will get some insane fullness in your back from these.

John's stuff is off-the-hook...I love it!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Goodmorning! 100's eh? you will never get strong that way.........bullshit!
One of Derek poundstones mainstays in hypertrophy phase.
100's been around for several decades. I will be employing them quite a bit as i break back in to training.So leaving for legs in a minute. Glad to be here with you guys. Where the heck is the brickster. I see hellbilly is regular crew now.
HB I what to see those wheels diced when you get ready. Should be freaky .
IB doing high (100's) ptp sets all night again?check back later today.
Comon now train like ya mean it! T

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Goodmorning! 100's eh? you will never get strong that way.........bullshit!
One of Derek poundstones mainstays in hypertrophy phase.
100's been around for several decades. I will be employing them quite a bit as i break back in to training.So leaving for legs in a minute. Glad to be here with you guys. Where the heck is the brickster. I see hellbilly is regular crew now.
HB I what to see those wheels diced when you get ready. Should be freaky .
IB doing high (100's) ptp sets all night again?check back later today.
Comon now train like ya mean it! T

I'm hitting them hard, I use to be concerned about my legs far outshining my upper body but to hell with it. Platz time!

I have chest/shoulders today.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey guys. I had a graduation party Saturday and one of my wife's friends had us over for dinner Sunday afternoon... she's from Argentina so I pigged out on empanadas, peach-chocolate cake and anything I could load on a plate, damn! Did I mention beer and wine? I was not a good boy. Back on track today.

Got chest down for after lunch and see if I can put all that food to good use!

IB, good to see you back. You too T!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well you cant always get what ya want ... but if try sometimes....
pre ex with a couple high rep leg exts hams then 3 big sets lol leg press.
very light high rep. Going into it slowly adding 90 lbs weekly . hopefully that will last for about 6-8 more weeks. we will see as i can onl hang on on my left with the sling on the right. That felt good saw Ed(Coan ) he was training squats.
asked how's it been since the hip replacement. said he felt good was doing high bars with 650. Good to be back home ---kinda...... T

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Chest/ Shoulders were fun despite the gym being annoying as hell. Some guy was in the power rack for 30 minutes doing some type of Richard Simmons workout. I was trying to do reverse band benches but he kept going on and on with his 45lbs overhead presses with ab movements on the bench. I asked him how many sets he had left and he stuttered a bit. My training partner did the same, we were trying to judge if he was mentally ill or not because honestly we couldn't tell and did not want to be assholes to someone with limited intelligence. However, I crushed the movements and am currently eating beef and pasta before hitting the sack.

Machine Press 3 sets
incline bench 3 sets
Reverse band bench 5 sets
Lateral raises 4 sets
Rear delt flys superset with band facepulls.

another one down.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Back was great. No deads tonight, off week on those for now, which is cool. I need to keep some in the tank sometimes.

Straight arm pulldowns 3x10-12
Close Grip Parallel Pulldowns 2x6-8
Wide Grip Pulldowns 2x10-12
One arm DB rows 2x12
Barbell rows 2x12
Wide grip seated cable rows 2x15

Miller Time***

***60gm hydro whey/50gm karbolyn/50gm cytocarb

now it's PPWO meal, but I'm almost too tired to eat it. Smallest meal of the day. I'm cooked...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Look like the big boys are rocking it!

Little guy had a good session tonight too... Chest and shoulders, a little something like this:

Nautilus Machine Press: 4x10 - Deep stretch and one second contraction at the top. Great to get the pecs warmed
Incline BB bench: 3x8 super slow constant tension. My negatives were about 5 or 6 seconds
Low Incline Smith bench: 2x8 then 1x8 plus 4 drops
Flat Db bench: 3x15
Super set of 1-arm pec dec flyes with stretch pushups 3 sets - these are the ones John did in his Santana Anderson video
DB front raises 4x12
Superset of smith behind the neck press: 4x8 and Side laterals 4x12
Superset of reverse pec dec rear delt flyes: 4x15 and Cable upright rows: 4x10
Finished with four drops on the cable upright rows.

Feeling good... too bad I have so much trouble sleeping. I've never been able to sleep, ever.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hit back this morning great training session for this little guy as well. Lat pulls superset with hammer strength curls. Love the pump 5x 12-15 reps. Bent rows superset with dumbbell curls 5x 12-15 seated rows superset with preach curls. Got my swol on and ready to start the day

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
My recent foray into thickening my back up has been paying off nicely. Rowing and deads are getting almost easier as I add weight. I was always pretty thick and deep from front to back, but now it's starting to get very pronounced which I'm loving! First exercise last night was cramping my lower lats tremendously and I swear by the time I got to barbell rows, I could have broken my ribs with my feel set it was so light. That was cool as shit. :D

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Nice! I had one of those training sessions this morning were everything just felt light. Man I love those days the pump was out of control as well. Keep up the good work the nicest thing about training your back is you get a whole upper body swell from it :)