©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
IB, you are lucky you could train on Thanksgiving day. I wish I could. Instead I ate dressing and black cherry pie... lol I'm calling it carbing up.
I hit shoulders and traps yesterday. That's my version of black Friday. Got some good soreness happening. Got guns down for today. Finally feel like I am getting my groove back. Feels good and clears my head.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Slammed back on Thanksgiving day
.carbed up like a sumo wrestler so back pump city came to dinner on bent over t bar rows ..super growth occured in mind and soul..
Friday .arm day ! Cardio bike ride in and back 3 miles each way
Tore it up!
Close grip bench
Reverse grip smith machine bench
Vrope push downs
V bar over bent over behind the head cable extensions
Seates dip press on HS.plate load
Straight bar curls
Vbar lieing cable curls
Db seated curls
Single arm cable curls on a seatd cable machine
Standing one arm accutrainer curls
Flex machine preacher curls

Ate a sweetpotato and orange with orange iso whey shake for the ride home...:)

There is nothing like training on holidays since the gym is practically empty. It's nice you got to train on Thanksgiving Day. :headbang: Unfortunately I missed the hours this year so, but I still have Christmas eve and New Years Day left:D

Your sweet potato/orange shake sounds like one of a kind.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Legs at noon.Brick you are cracking me up with the cherry pie carb up.
I too "carbed up" on 3/4 of a homemade pecan pie. Was my late fathers favorite and one of mine too. Have some friends from here coming into town later this week to train. gonna be fun. Hope all had a great thanksgiving.
I'll check back later.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Been off the forums for few days but have had some great workouts. Kind of cool training with my girl every day and I think she likes seeing me train.

I'm in the process of changing things up to focus more on my weak points, mainly chest and back and quad sweep. Today was a little more MD style for back with bis at the end

Superset of 1 arm smith suitcase rows and heavy t-bar rows 5 sets of each
Rack deads 5 sets of 5
Superset of hammers strength pulldowns and low cable rows 5 sets of each did a drop set to finish it off
BB curls 5 sets of 6 then a rest-pause set and a drop set
Supination Db curls 5 sets of 10
Hammer strength machine curls rest-pause drop set

Smoked it!

Hope everyone had a great holiday

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
LOVE pecan pie Turbo! Have you noticed how expensive pecans are this year? Still worth it. Those things are loaded with antioxidants too.

Just got back from guns. Been trying lighter weights and reps in the 15 rep zone with a good squeeze. Lovin' it.

Sounds like you guys are nailing it!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
LOVE pecan pie Turbo! Have you noticed how expensive pecans are this year? Still worth it. Those things are loaded with antioxidants too.

Just got back from guns. Been trying lighter weights and reps in the 15 rep zone with a good squeeze. Lovin' it.

Sounds like you guys are nailing it!

Brick, you supersetting those pythons? Supersets in a little higher rep range are the elixir of the pump gods! lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey there ya are atom. Glad all is well. I had a rare "off: day in the gym .
nausea and no oxygen. abbreviated the w/o as my partner felt like shit as well.
hopefully come out swinging tomorrow. Tired..... better tomorrow. T

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Damn, went to the gym after work and absolutely had to force myself through a leg workout. I hate days like that...

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I killed legs for you today Chris..Gym empty and so musicHwas cranked had to walk my bike home 3 miles because of ths super pump from about 4 turkey sandwiches and apple pie , potato shake and 4 tangerines.
Was asked if i sleep at the gym .Fuk yeah came out my mouth..
Snows coming sunday night..time to move.. Glad everyones gettin pie of all flavas.. :)

g0hardorgohome

Dec 1, 2013
I'm jelly to those of you who managed to hit the gym today...

I was in the clubs first time in while last night and being unable to eat and train sucks donkey dick... And achilles tendon pains me more day by day while me powerlifting meet gets closer...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
So today we hit chest and shoulders .I worked up to a huge 115 for a couple super highrep sets on the flat bench. Follwed with a little hammer incline .
Not ready to test shoulder stability just yet so i'm happy with what I can do.
Couple high rep super light lateral sets . Ran my partner through shawn rays old delt giant set . 15lb dumbells had him holler!! pumped as mofo though..
Tomorrow back and traps. Looking forward to a couple members coming into town to train this week.... Everyone have a great week coming up.
happy is a great feeling..... T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Nice shit Turbo!

Off day for me, like a usual Sunday. Felt good to sleep in and relax. Now in stuck in traffic while my girl is driving... PITA

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I killed legs for you today Chris..Gym empty and so musicHwas cranked had to walk my bike home 3 miles because of ths super pump from about 4 turkey sandwiches and apple pie , potato shake and 4 tangerines.
Was asked if i sleep at the gym .Fuk yeah came out my mouth..
Snows coming sunday night..time to move.. Glad everyones gettin pie of all flavas.. :)

I figured out the problem. I felt like shit all evening and until I got to work this morning. Felt my gut rumbling and dropped about half my gut in the toilet. Immediately felt better. Then I remembered I found a week old ham and cheese sammich in the fridge at work yesterday afternoon that I forgot I left, and give it a curious sniff and ate the damn thing. I believe that was the problem. I felt good at work and went and trained shoulders this afternoon after I got off.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Dam ham!!
Killed shoulders and traps like a fricken maniac with high aggression on a mochachino..
Cardio on hand bike 30min on #6 to warm up my upper body.. Sweat
Thera band tube flexology for my internal rotators ... Sweat good
Accutrainer standing rear delt crossovers. Sweat more
Angled bench facing Db rear delts.. Rockin 50's last set .. Watch out. Sweat even more.
Side Accutrainer cable crossover side raises. Sweat is a dripn
Db standing isolated side raises. SWOLE is happening
Standing front Db raises . You know the vision? " Ib psycho as always "
Seated front plate raises.. And also grIp sets as I use 3 tens and hold together
Seat facing HS iso military press.. My new love less pressure of top a delts at rotator.
Db over head presses .. Guys I was toast.. Low blood sugar hit hard and a scurry out to my car for a shake and bagel.
Yam/ cinnamon / vanilla whey/ ice and water .. My TG Shake .. Try it..
You guys have a good night .. Ib :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ah thats why you were mia... Ib.. getting ready to head out for back solo.
I'll return at 4 to gym to train my partner.Kinda just going by feel this early into upper body moves while healing.. Hey Brick look at casey v's twisting back shot in newsletter 12.. He was awesome... Everyone have great day..
T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
T... can't believe the newsletter is a year old! Love those old photos too. Brings back a lot of memories for me.

OK, guys, no more turkey and dressing and pie. Back to the iron! Got chest down for today after lunch. Glad everyone is having a good one.

Gohardorgohome... what's going on with that Achilles tendon? You want to take care of that.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
In the process of changing things so today was session taken from the book of Mountaindog.

Lying leg curls 3 sets of 12 then one full set of 12 drop weight, set of 8, drop weight and set of 8 then 25 partials = super hammie pump
Leg press 1 set of 12, 4 sets of 10 after last set I immediately did a set of 20 walking lunges
Leg Extensions 4 sets of 10. Explode up 3 second eccentric
Squats sets of 15, 12, 8, 8 Fucking insane after all of that - Used a high bar close stance: 295lbs felt like I was lifting a car
Db Stiff leg Deads 4 sets of 10 - nice and slow with a deep stretch

I am soooo dead today