©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
We missed you too Atom!
Now u just confused me ..lol..hey veteran cerebellums run sometime backwords and get confuses easy so i need..lol
You say pick a weight that u can do 8 reps with but only do 4 reps 4 reps x 6 sets..Set a sasquatch straight as this sounds very intrigueing..
Today i better take off and get some work done so hope everyone has a great day and we are in monsoon weather so i got rubbers on 24-7..ib

Yes, I'll use an example of how this works:

Let's say you can do 8 reps with 100lbs on Incline DB Press -
Do 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; and 4 reps. That is ONE round.

Then you rest for 90 - 120 seconds depending on the movement and do another round.

You repeat this until you complete four full rounds.

Even though you are using you 8RM and only doing 4 reps, because you are resting for such a short time by the time you get to the end of the round you are torched.

Pretty cool, right?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Wow, what the hell was I thinking that I could do cardio after the muscle rounds for legs!?! I haven't done these in years, and now I truly know how to push myself. You do not realize how hard these get until you actually do them.

Think about after every 4 reps you are only resting 10 seconds...and doing that 6 times. The pump, the pain, the focus, the intensity...oh yeah, it is all there. I was soaked through two shirts and my legs were on fire. Not a chance in hell cardio was happening lol.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Yes, I'll use an example of how this works:

Let's say you can do 8 reps with 100lbs on Incline DB Press -
Do 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; 4 reps, rest 10 seconds; and 4 reps. That is ONE round.

Then you rest for 90 - 120 seconds depending on the movement and do another round.

You repeat this until you complete four full rounds.

Even though you are using you 8RM and only doing 4 reps, because you are resting for such a short time by the time you get to the end of the round you are torched.

Pretty cool, right?

So, basically it's 24 sets after all is said and done?

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Yes. 6 mini sets. Then 90-120 second break, repeat...

Seems like a lot of volume number wise, but it's basically a RP set without going to failure, because you are allowing oxygen in just enough to keep going where you would usually fail. Interesting. You like punishing yourself, don't you. lol

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Arms and delts yesterday, still swollen today. Love that.

Rest day today. Oh, delicious rest day.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Seems like a lot of volume number wise, but it's basically a RP set without going to failure, because you are allowing oxygen in just enough to keep going where you would usually fail. Interesting. You like punishing yourself, don't you. lol

It is a decent amount of volume and trust me, by the time you get to mini-sets 5 and 6, you are going to to failure. Those are brutal reps at that point.

If you look into Titan Training you'll see how unique it is. And yes, I do enjoy punishing myself. I feel like shit when I am not able to put myself through hell with regards to training. There is just something mentally satisfying about knowing your body has been pushed to its physical limit and you are getting better and better.

This morning when I lifted my legs out of my bed I just yelled, "Holy fuck!" because my legs were so sore. I was definitely not expecting that kind of muscular trauma. this is some badass shit my friends.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Damn, no training for me. Covered up at work. Hopefully tomorrow. Busy is job security, right?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lmao..Yes i understand now Atom....kinda.....between X tossing in his questions me re reading Atoms i now ask..how many 24 mini sets per bodypart.? Say 24 dumbell. Then what ? Lol... are u one body part a day..?.
Brick and Triple im with you two today
. Work keeps the tax man away..
Turbo..ummm..you ever seen my burnt sweetpotato pie?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Lmao..Yes i understand now Atom....kinda.....between X tossing in his questions me re reading Atoms i now ask..how many 24 mini sets per bodypart.? Say 24 dumbell. Then what ? Lol... are u one body part a day..?.
Brick and Triple im with you two today
. Work keeps the tax man away..
Turbo..ummm..you ever seen my burnt sweetpotato pie?

Nah, there are only two days out of the week that you do muscle rounds.
Muscle round day 1: quads, hammies, calves and chest
Day 2: back, shoulders, bis and tris

You do the same set/rep/round scheme for each muscle

The other days are different.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey guys had to come through and see my pals. been a little hectic lately.
Surgical consult tomorrow am . Gonna be a bitch getting in and out my docs office right where the black hawks celebration parade stuff will be. That starts at 9 am 830 is my appt. No matter as in finally get to know what the mechanic bills are gonna be and how long til i can get some gym going.
Think the injury is fairly severe . Hard to just lift my hand much of the time
and jacking off is excruciating. Maybe i should get a clapper . No that would hurt too.AA TT brick and um that pacific NW phenom I'll be back training quick as i can. Gonna pct it for a bit and be nice and fresh come training time.
Hope you guys days are bright and nights even brighter.
train well eat well and what ever you do with your sig other do that well too.
T

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Surgical consult tomorrow am . Gonna be a bitch getting in and out my docs office right where the black hawks celebration parade stuff will be. That starts at 9 am 830 is my appt. No matter as in finally get to know what the mechanic bills are gonna be and how long til i can get some gym going.
and jacking off is excruciating. Maybe i should get a clapper . No that would hurt too.AA TT brick and um that pacific NW phenom I'll be back training quick as i can. Gonna pct it for a bit and be nice and fresh come training time.
T

Good luck, Turbo. You'll be back to training in no time. You should get an in-home nurse. Much better than a clapper.

Oh, and yes, I opened myself up to that, but it's so rare that I think of something funny that I couldn't resist.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
It will be fine Turbo..i mean u can spin a warm potato with just a wrist, as i get in
only three spins anyhow and its cooked.. Got my fat gripz so tomorrow i will bitch they are a stroke job or i will marry them for python forearms ..stay tuned..ib

NURSE FOR RENT- Wirey back hair made for cuddling, PNW certifed
Squatchette.. IB's Rentayetty.com

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
T

Hoping for the best brother. Maybe try a fleshlight when need tog et your rocks off in a pinch.

I haven't done cardio since I started this program and I am leaner lol I've finally got that "pop" back in my muscles and am feeling good. After i few more weeks on this program I'll try to get some pics posted up. Bodyfat is mid 7% to low 8% based on calipers and the bioeletrical impedance.

Tonight the line up is muscle rounds for back, tris, shoulders and bis.

Saturday is my "fun" day. last weekend I did a Mountain Dog arm pump workout an I might do something similar again. Or I might do DC rest pause style chest, some shoulder drop sets and high rep bis and tris supersets.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lol Atom said Fleshlight...prob bettr than a sweet potato..
Well i did a mediocre back day ..i used these fat gripz and im on the fence of good to dumb..i must say u gotta drop weight on sets because of the forearm burn but another thing im no size 12" shoehanddick" size either..but i do feel forearm pump but not as good a back..i know remove and do higher weight ib u dummy..ok i was lazy today..low food consumption and rare 80degree heat
Have a great night..brick u must be tanning and triple with mom..lol..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hang in the Turbo. You will be back in the gym in no time.
Hits guns today. Not gonna win any awards but I got it done.