©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
well my last post turned into a big yeah right. Brickster my right shoulder is just
fucked up. Trying to rest it a bit . Think it was a series of small cumulative injuries dating back to about one year ago. straeted rehabbing it and slowly
working into some ok working wt. Like I said we all learn to say no
to the moving requests and such. . Ok enough belly aching . Gonna try it again tomorrow. Glad to see you guys getting your time in. Be nice to have a doozy
in my near future... T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo, be patient with the shoulder. I had a bad period and for whatever reason, its being feeling good the last days.

Hit back today friends. Had a good one too. Felt good to be picking up some iron after being out a few days

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Back and bi double today. Good first session except for the 30° pulldowns. Made my left shoulder scream, couldn't even do one warmup set.

Crippling pain now with certain movements...even unweighted.

Shoulders suck.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Man guys.... My GI tract is killing me. I need to stay active so I've been messing around with some conditioning stuff and doing some explosive exercises, like medicine ball throws and doing circuits to keep the HR up. But nothing heavy at all, more metabolic work. It feels nice to break a sweat and get winded. It is different kind of pleasure, not the bad assery you get from slamming heavy iron, but more of a sense of fulfillment because you are wiped the aerobic effort.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
TT better get that shoulder checked out. AA that is a great attitude brother.
Keep at it and I hope your gut starts behaving better .
Thanks, T..........

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Triple, how's that shoulder today? Settle down any at all?
Atom, I like your attitude brother
Going to hit some shoulders and traps after my chicken and brown rice lunch a bit later.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Triple, how's that shoulder today? Settle down any at all?
Atom, I like your attitude brother
Going to hit some shoulders and traps after my chicken and brown rice lunch a bit later.

Must have just pissed it off...laid off it for a couple days and now it's mostly OK. I wish i knew what was wrong with it so i could either get it fixed or ignore it as simple pain.

Been doing my doubles every day until finally took a rest day today. I don't remember a rest day feeling this good for a long time, maybe ever.

Weight is moving up again finally! Up 5lbs to 221, on my way to 235. Gonna add some slin back in shortly. Wish I could find humalog, but at least I have R and it's cheap as shit at Walmart.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Oh, and all you guys are awesome. Thanks for being out there in the world fucking shit up like real men. I wish more of my in-person relationships felt as positive as the ones I have here.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to hear that Triple. Shoulders are tricky and complex. My shoulder has been feeling pretty good for a few days now. Had a great shoulder workout yesterday. I like it when I can walk out of the gym feeling good about the training.

Gonna gun for the guns this afternoon.

You guys have any training plans?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Chest and triceps today, back and biceps tomorrow. Gotta get swole for a hot date Saturday night. It's no mystery to me why married people get lazy. If you know that you've impressed the last person you ever need to impress, how are you supposed to keep pushing hard to be better?

Any other opinions on this? Who's married and how did it affect your training?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Triple, my first wife was always jealous of the time I spent at the gym. We are not married anymore. Then, later, I met a beautiful woman that likes the fact that I train and try to stay in shape. She likes to go to the gym too. Now we are married. None of this effected my training along the way because I went to the gym because I just had a love for pushing iron. It was more about me than what others thought.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Wow everyone on stike ?, phones dead. Emails not working .? Hmm. Maken mw wonder .. pinned some tne in forearms did Cardio , traps, and forearms and now I got clubs that are hard to cuddle in bed. Hope everyone is ok. ..since Ib is single hes got no responsibiltys hes here ..

Last edited:

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Wow everyone on stike ?, phones dead. Emails not working .? Hmm. Maken mw wonder .. pinned some tne in forearms did Cardio , traps, and forearms and now I got clubs that are hard to cuddle in bed. Hope everyone is ok. ..since Ib is single hes got no responsibiltys hes here ..

Rest day yesterday. Considering adding another. Thoracic outlet syndrome is acting up, causing some serious muscle spasms that have lead to muscle failure and atrophy when I ignored them in the past.

May still work legs. Just gotta keep the neck relaxed.

Any ideas on dealing with this TOS...i'd like to hear em.

Hope you all are throwing the iron and loving the women.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Triple, not familiar with that condition. I have had serious cervical issues so I am good for advice on C2-C6. Is this an impingement issue with dengerated discs?

Planning on chest today after a rest day yesterday.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Wife "forgot" to pay my phone bill.Call me on Dustins phone Should be in your call log .(262) Hope the derby was a doozy. Managed to get in a decent leg session. I will know the extent of my shoulder surgury by the 17th 18th.
Doc thinks multilple issues. I'm gonna carefully traiin around it til i know whats up.
Hope everone elses issues clear up soon. I'll try to be back here regular now, Was busy being a super depressed cry baby,. That never fixes shit so why
get all estroe'd up ? well i could nurse my newborn grandson if I keep it up.
I'm gonna shoot a couple self inflicted upper cuts at my mug if i don't step out this pile a pity pronto . PAB uh uh thats someone elses role in life . time is short so best quit pissing it away . Hitting the gym with my son in a little while. Yeah I know i sound crazy some days.., Love you guys ............T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo, hang in there. There's almost always a way around. Let's see what the doc says and take it from there. Train some anyway to hang onto your sanity. Time is short, brother and nobody's is exempt from that too. We all have to face those problems.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Oh
Oh... Beckles was my dam favorite and this is another coincidence ?

Legs today.. I determined a 60degree seated leg extention was easier on my knees and quads blew the heck up. Then did bent over isolated leg curls for some hammy sets and hit squats for a measly 405 for 6 x 2 sets after climbing up the poundage ladder.
I'm building a fire pit so T at about 5 pm your time watch and decode my smoke
signals because woods free and I'm better than At&t.
I'm half way on a jet with a can of whoopass so get ready to cash out. Ib

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Oh
Oh... Beckles was my dam favorite and this is another coincidence ?

Legs today.. I determined a 60degree seated leg extention was easier on my knees and quads blew the heck up. Then did bent over isolated leg curls for some hammy sets and hit squats for a measly 405 for 6 x 2 sets after climbing up the poundage ladder.
I'm building a fire pit so T at about 5 pm your time watch and decode my smoke
signals because woods free and I'm better than At&t.
I'm half way on a jet with a can of whoopass so get ready to cash out. Ib

That's funny, IB...

I did hard ass leg day yesterday, and then got stupid and did a heavy shoulder day today. I pushed a little harder than my 45 year old carcass should. I hope I don't feel my shoulder joints tomorrow. (Front barbell lifts are gonna be the death of me).

On another note, I shaved my old gray goatee today..I feel refreshingly sexy....

Last edited: