©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Triple, it must have been something I ate that turned my stomach over. It lasted for a few days so i am thinking I had some undercooked food or something that might have caused a little food poisoning

Hit some cardio in the morning yesterday and went out for Cinco De Mayo with a new chick I've been seeing.

Legs tonight and I already have anxiety building, oh boy.

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Killed legs last night 4 rounds of a giant set, rest only enough time not to puke

leg ext
leg press
single leg squat
walking lunges with db squats at the end of each

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Boy its leg day central here in Brick town..

Elipical to warm up the iron drive train
Good mornings and seated low back machine to ready the drive shaft..
5 sets of 9 Leg presses up to 20 plates.now trucks purrin
Leg extentions for the shocks
Seated and single legged hammy curls for the leap springs
Standing calves for strong u joints
And this truck has been sasquatched out.. u heard me.. bully up to the weights and I can't is no option...peace..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Trained chest today. Good one. One of those days where it fell into place. Started with bench, on to DB presses, flyes and then on to negatives on the Hammer Machine.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thunder, those giants sets sound sexy!

IB, the yetti gods are proud of you for upholding their mighty name.

Brick, does that mean the shoulder is starting to come around? That would be great!

So I got down and dirty...I decided to drop a few pounds to see if that would finally help relieve some of pain in my hands and feet and it has helped, but the downside, gravity is now a fucking asshole!

Calves and hammies were pretty standard but I was doing my squats with this guy Eaton Cracks 800! | Powerlifting Watch . We don't do the same stuff since he is powerlifter, but we try to train around the same time because we both have a few screws loose when it comes to training.

When I squat with him, I go deep for damn sure and I am freaking feeling it. I came up just shy of 20 reps with 270lbs, which is pretty good considering I dropped some weight and was getting ass to grass.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
planning on back myself mid afternoon.

Atom, its more like damage control. Basically I am down to bone on bone in the shoulders so I have some good days and I have some bad days. My ortho doc is amazed I can still and do train. I just want to put that shoulder replacement off as long as I can, if at all. I find if I lighten up on the weight I don't get near the grinding sensation in there, so I figure that has to be good. My heavy pushing movements days are done.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Back went great! That's my favorite territory and still is after all these years. Walked outside into the parking lot smiling and pumped.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Brick u ever try adequan or pentosan? Or you past the point for any cartilidge stimulation builder? Glad u killed it back day. Its a favorite of mine too.
I'm on a recoup day and going to make sure my gramma trims my plants correctly. She was a ag teacher in highschool and loves to garden so I let her help. Ib

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
planning on back myself mid afternoon.

Atom, its more like damage control. Basically I am down to bone on bone in the shoulders so I have some good days and I have some bad days. My ortho doc is amazed I can still and do train. I just want to put that shoulder replacement off as long as I can, if at all. I find if I lighten up on the weight I don't get near the grinding sensation in there, so I figure that has to be good. My heavy pushing movements days are done.

Either way, it is great that you are finding ways to work around it and not letting it hold you down. There is much to learn from those who have been in this game for that long.

Cardio was a bitch tonight... just pushed through despite the insanely sore legs.

I'm digging the progress I'm getting right now. Things really seem to be tightening up fast and bodyweight has stayed pretty much the same after the initial weight drop.

Be good tonight fellas

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Very decent chest day...was asked to train chest with a friend so that changed me from the 5x5x5.

I've never been a strong bencher, but have really been into the higher reps lately and not being hurt. Still, I just felt good today and hit 255 X 5, 265 X 5, 275 X 2. Not bad considering my PR is 315 and I haven't been training for strength per se.

Good to see that, except for some soreness, everyone seems to be doing well. Gotta be up at 0530, so signing off. Have I mentioned that this new job is hectic?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey hey ! had a hot minute to check in. Out of town job til friday night . Trained legs this morning early before work. Nice workout. Chest shoulders tomorrow
5am. Be home friday night. Good to see you guys are staying on point .
Hey IB i'm gonna put stranglehold on the music thread for ya when I get home friday... Have a great finish to your week guys... T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Rested today and put my nose to the office grindstone.

IB, I have not tried either of those but at this point its tempting. Usually the Mobic helps a lot. It takes a while to kick in, but when it does, it lasts a long time. Good tip, thanks.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
T that would be quite fitting sir..lol..sheesh mma in the west coast streets is rough on an old bird..Brick or whoever check out preracehorse.com and click on pentosan ..they have pentosan at Dr exact same as this giddyup stuff..let me know if you guys feelings on it .adequan has some odd sides possibly so that am on the fence..
Today was chest day and somehow last evening I pulled my left forearm and right wrist today was on fire.
Chest was hexpress/ flys to 80
Decline hammer str 405
Incline hammer 305
Dumbbell pullovers to 110
Dips and my wrist gave me havoc so hopped on seated HS plate loaded dips
Cardio for 30min..
Hope u guys have a good nite..ib

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Back and biceps today. Plenty of heavy BB rows and wide grip pullups blahblahblah...now I have that "my shoulder joints are so tired they don't want to exist" feeling inside. Win.

IB...damn, those are heavy sets. Nice work.

Edit: fuck cardio. Lol.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Damn, IB, that is some nice work!

I rocked shit tonight! Chest, shoulders and tris. Wicked, wicked pump and was huffing and puffing and dripping sweat. The reps were tough, but I pushed through and I am feeling it big time.

Oh, and my legs are still sore as shit from monday. damn, that was a badas workout.