©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Lame-O cardio day... I was feeling like crap with my stomach all day and I asked my acupuncturist if there is something he can do. He told me to come by after work since his afternoon was open. Well he placed a few needles below my knees (where he said was a trigger point for nausea) and then placed a few on my stomach and attached some electrodes. Amazingly I got up and the nausea was gone! Pretty freaking cool.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I ended up doing heavy trap training and calves also. It was really an off day, but I wanted to lift.

Atom Ant, what does your acupuncturist charge? I would like to try it myself.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Delts and traps today. Not too bad. Hooked up with an old training partner today,. He's been out for a while with his job and he's happy to be pushing some iron again. A good training partner is worth their weight in gold.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Delts and traps today. Not too bad. Hooked up with an old training partner today,. He's been out for a while with his job and he's happy to be pushing some iron again. A good training partner is worth their weight in gold.

That is true...if I had some gold, I would totally trade it for a good training partner!

Shoulders today for me, too. Only had 45 minutes, so I got all the work in with almost none of the rest time. Turned from what I thought would be a shitty, rushed session into a very cool trip to the "zone." Redirected the stress caused by a flaky employee into a good rage against gravity. Win.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I ended up doing heavy trap training and calves also. It was really an off day, but I wanted to lift.

Atom Ant, what does your acupuncturist charge? I would like to try it myself.

My insurance covers 20 sessions per year depending on where it is done. My acupuncturist is at the U. of Maryland center for Integrative Medicine during the day and runs his own practice as well. Insurance doesn't cover it at his own practice, but it is only $50. So once I use up my insurance sessions, I'll just pay out of pocket to see him.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Sounds great Atom. I'm looking into some accu too.. Glad to see everyone did some conditioning one way or another..except me who had confusing day off thinking I should go to the gym but then again I needed to refueling..you know what I'm talking about..? I'm still confused..lol. Chris .Triple .Brick ,Atom .T if ure out there have a great Friday. Shoulders today .hope it will stop my confusion and anxiety.
Xmen where u ? Dog dragging u around like it should ?

Last edited:

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
In the mood to pick up heavy shit today. Deadlifts and nothing else. No accessory work, nothing but pulling until my body and brain both admit defeat. I will pay for it tomorrow, but I don't care today. I have no idea why, but I feel like I could PR today.

I wish everyone a fantastic Friday and an awesome weekend.

Pretty sure I got this pic from the "best ass" thread on this board...inspiring.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367601593897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367601593897.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 27

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Legs were pretty good. almost a doozy . Little too much time between w/o's
so my grooove wasn't feeling to groovy squatting . Was talking with another guy that was sqautting he is expecting his first ton total as a 220er next weekend at uspf nationals. Nice total in single ply.. Chest/shoulders tomorrow.
All have a great night. Make sure you check out newsletter 5 it's ready for reading . My bud Tommy Harrison could use some tips on thickening up LOL. T

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Triple that's a snatch and jerk move there bro...T glad ure back on bro . Kinda odd when u aren't .. Glad to hear you are doing squats after a few ordeals u fell into., so don't be so hard on yourself and eat a steak ..
Shoulder day and traps. Went pretty well doing a few different movements to strengthen my rotators up because after the surgery I visualize rippage in bad dreams and no way do I need that .. Sheesh.. Girl I've been talking smack too that can talk it better back at me kinda thinks Ib is her buddy but she's more a friend than a slam dunk persay. You know when she's asking number for plumbing repairs to her apt complete somethins up and then wanting to do legs. Monday. Well, nah.. I run tempo and no time to chit chat .. I'll sell her to anyone? Lol. Have a great night . T I hit u up ltr.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Glad to see you guys gettin' it done!

I'm feeling a little better today but have been drinking shakes and having EAAs all day because it is hard to eat. I was really surprised at my session tonight. Crushed every exercise! Chest, best my previous reps by 4, shoulders, beat it by 5 and tris, went up 10 lbs and tied last time.

IB, that is funny you saying that the girl you are seeing can talk shit back. The girl I just started seeing is the same way. I love it lol

Take it easy my brothers!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the guns today. Better than I was expecting. Dealing with my shoulder issue. Broke down and took a Mobic this AM with the coffee. Getting a little older ain't for pussies.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok started my day with wife screaming that my male pitts were locked up scrapping hard. Man that was bitch getting them apart. Talk about stinking!
They always smell horrible if they get into a clash . Nuff of that . Getting ready for chest and shoulders at the patience place. Need a good one.
Check back later... T

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Atom, i'm feeling your pain. Had something not so good to eat this afternoon and feel like I could vomit any moment since. Fuck.

Good thing it was a rest day.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Wow..looks like Brick and I had an arm day together today. Mine were so beautiful and took well care of me I kissed them with love.
Don't see where turbo popped back in so let's all hope his lightswitch hasn't been hit by pitbulls making him jon bobbits twin. Shesssh. Talk about an inny..
Prepping for cinco de mayo tonite . .ib

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Cinco is huge here IB ... Nah the L.S. still intact ---"snick".
Ok heading to quads for back.. Need a doozy... Bituminous combustible:D needs to give me a holler today..
Everybody have a good day... Yesterday was a dooozy.
Was weak as hell from leg work the day before. Nerves in damaged
shoulers and arms get inflamed from BB squatting some times(i.e. getting old aint for pussies)
Talk with you guys in a while....... TTTTTTTTTT

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Phew.. t .. Intact is good.. Today I'm going to tuck the toggleswitch down to off and kinda relax.. Feelin a little sore at inner arm elbows so not into a tear cause I've been going more balls out than usual and it works . Ive actually lost a little hotdog fat on my gut not that I have a bunch but sheesh.. Ib on ab6000 commercial? Not too soon.. Burn a taco everyone.. Ib

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the legs today and I am already feelin' it. Shoulder has settled down for now... go figure... but I'll take it!

Monday coming brothers! Get ready!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Doozy to say the least . suprised myself with the back workout.
Lot of heavy sets(for me) in a short amount of time..
Tomorrow all arms with some calves thrown in for good measure.... T

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Nausea moved on down and through...seems to be letting up now. Gonna go deep into a 5X5X5 tomorrow. Hope everybody enjoyed their weekend.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
What up peoples. Hit a bunch of shit today. Did my overhead press work and bench work today as well as some assistance work. DB press, DB rows, chins, wide grip pull downs.