©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey fellas - Man, I had a great workout yesterday, chest, shoulders and tris, but in the evening and today my stomach feels like garbage. I just have this real nauseated feeling. Yeah, so last night I had my PWO shake but when i got home and ate, my stomach turned. I sipped some whey isolate cold filtration and karboload to fill my macros, but damn, I have no idea what is going on.

I'm gonna head home from work early and lay down. My stomach bizzare, just wish I didn't have to deal with so much shit with my GI system.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ah crappo..sorry Atom. Hope you feel better soon brutha. Peace ib.

I'm doin traps as part of workout so maybe now you wont scream in my ear as loud??

Last edited:

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Here! Yesterday's work:

Had a pretend workout around noon while auditioning a prospective new trainer. Kids today with their silly moves...had me doing step-ups to a 12" box while curling dumbbells and then OH pressing them with a supinated grip. I told him, "I don't ever want to see that in my gym." He told me it was straight out of the NASM book. Whatever...don't do it here.

Then me and the Mrs. Fucking crushed ourselves. 5X5 bench @ 225, 5X5 sumo DL @ 325 no straps, 5X5 standing DB press @ 60, 5X5 bent over BB row @ 225, some other thing I can't remember now cause my brain was off by then. Weighted pullups I think. All of this with no carbs for four hours prior and only resting while the other person worked . Holy crap, did anybody get the license number of that truck?

Atom, hope you feel better. What's in that post wo shake? Sometimes a big hit of maltodextrin turns my stomach.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
And the sound of chicks guzzling patron to some capleton. Ib you funny...
Hey I forgot I was semi sick for two days. Bad meat after tuesday funeral.
Wife said wtf is that smell !? I said must of been cooked and got bad (rancid) grease on it . Guys don't eat stuff that smells like it can harm you (with exceptions) as it can mess you up. Appetite just now back.
Glad you guys been keeping one of my favorite things here going .
Legs (finally) tomorrow . Ok i'll be checking in in the am . All have a great day.. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Tore up the shoulders today. Walked out of the gym feeling mission was accomplished.

Atom, try an alternate PWO meal and see if that narrows it down. Nausea sux, hope you feel better.

Turbo, glad you are getting back on track brother. Food poisoning can knock you down good.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hey guys, I didn't want to quote all of you, but thanks a ton for the concerns! Seriously, it means a shit ton (and that is a lot).

Turbo, that is freaking hilarious! Next, he'll be quoting you on the Weider principles haha

Triple, the PWO shake isn't the kicker. I drink pepto-pro and karboload intra-workout. I've experimented with several blends and the things that work best for me are, for aminos: EAAs and BCAAs with some isolate, pepto-pro plus BCAAs and EAAs and pepto-pro plus isolate. As far as carbs, karboload is the only one that doesn't bloat me (waxy maize, dextrose, maltodextrin, swedish oat starch... I've tried them all), but I have yet to try highly branched cyclic dextrins.

Brick, I've been rotating PWO meals, but I am going to try some ezekiel bread french toast tomorrow and see if that works better.

I have a really messed up GI tract as it is, my intestinal lining is permeable and I get random flare ups... it is tough to deal with because some nights when I want to go out I have to cancel plans and just rest.

Anyway, I went to see the acupuncturist and told him about it and he hit some trigger points and I feel pretty good right now. He also showed me how to stop the tingling/burning I get when it starts up and gets real bad. basically grab the tendons either behind the knee cap or in your armpit and press/pull the nerves. It hurts, but the pain in my hands or feet stops.
--------

Here is a thought I had today and wanted to share:

When you feel like you've come to a dead end, realize that the only thing holding you back is yourself. It is your own self-doubt that puts up the wall on the way to your destination. Look inside yourself, rise above the obstacles, conquer your fears and claim what you've worked so hard to achieve. Never give up on yourself.
-------------------

Glad everyone else is doing groovy! I will be back in action tomorrow and ready to rock.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
What am I training today? My f'n dog that won't listen for shit. Took him for a walk to hit some light cardio and lost grip of the leash. He looked at me as I said sit, flipped me off and took off running. At first I thought I better run after him. Then I remembered, I DON'T RUN! Walked back home and guess who was on the porch wanting his dinner?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lmao..turbo forgetting being sick is like a kid not doing homework. Btw..I did hear the slurring of doc patron in a dream..may be? OK Atom glad u are kinda feeling better..I must admit you quote or say some cool stuff..Brick..yeah u me both tore up shoulders brutha. I tossed in trap to support my large cranium as I figure huge traps make my head smaller.finally triple spoke..sounds like you got your hands full training. Xmen..its a dog eat dog world and just admit your dog was smarter than you.he hates cardio and gave u the bone ..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
X, that is funny as hell. Cardio is "for the dogs hahah get it?

Really looking forward to training tonight. Whatever the acupuncturist did yesterday, it made a huge difference this morning. I wake up every day and have these crazy pains in my hands and feet, just outrageous. But today, i woke up and nothing. I am pretty freaking stoked.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
AA that is great . Glad you are feeling better. Ok heading to the gym for legs in a sec. Wife goes back to work today so I'm gonna hit legs hard (well as hard as I can this early in doing leg work again. Train hard and recover well.
Holler back at you soon. Have a great day...... summer is coming....
summer is coming... Oh hey my new grandson Tayden is home and has a great appetite. Takes after our son . 6'3" 320. reminds me of o.d. Wilson
just 100lbs lighter... lol

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, glad to hear you got some relief.

Good to hear the grandson is doing well Turbo and your son is a big guy!

Hit guns today. Not too shabby for an old man.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Anybody have suggestions on how to train while a non-training family member is in town/staying with you?

I think I'm just going to have to do fast full body circuits for a few days, keep everything where it is and just avoid losing ground.

Flex2019

Oct 26, 2012
Anybody have suggestions on how to train while a non-training family member is in town/staying with you?

I think I'm just going to have to do fast full body circuits for a few days, keep everything where it is and just avoid losing ground.

Do what I do. Leave 'em home and go train..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Glad to hear ure over your greasy gut bomb turbo..man im beginning to feel small with u tossing out 300 numbers .holy cow..im on same schedule as brick I see and toasted the anitgue guns I got.., finished with a jaunt for 30 minutes on an elliptical next to a future wife but not for me..no job..lol.I can barely support myself.. triple u just do heavy legs so they will never ask again and will be quiet throughout there stay....enjoy the day..glad one of the sob Boston bombers is toast..hope the little rat is found ready to say cheese as the ar-30 takes his molars out the back of his head.
Dr on front of sports ill is from my area ..84 I think..dam cool

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Good suggestions, guys. Its my dad, he doesn't really get it. Selling garage gym tomorrow am so guess one last workout in there is appropriate. He won't miss me for an hour or so...I'm probably annoying the shit out of him already anyway.

Arms and shoulders...to the death!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation

Well I haven't had to deal with this because everyone in my family trains... But how about getting up a little early and hitting the gym?

Or if there is something they love to do but can do it on their own, like shopping or something, plan that.

I was back in my groove tonight. Bis, forearms and back. Monster swole session. I felt beat to shit after my last rep. I know I left every ounce of strength I had in the gym and now my ass is dead tired. Time to work on the last report and do some research to finish off this semester.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Killer leg session today. I told myself before starting, I'll save abs for later and do them after my WM... HAHAHA! What was I thinking? Whatever it was, my legs were vascular as hell today. It looked pretty cool. I was gonna take a pic, but couldn't flex my calves after I got done with them lol. Squats killed me. Nailed my WM, getting 270lbs for 21 reps.

I am already sore as shit.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I cut grass today like a good suburban boy. Sushi with the Mrs tonight then legs tomorrow!

Holy cow Atom! Good set!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I repotted my shrubs in gramma house for earth day and 420 holiday. Brick!! U said Sushi?? Omg..I'm going to mow sushi tonite with my girlfriend kinda ex and her son cause its his birthday
Mines 4/26. Send me gifts everyone! Have a great day peeps.
Ib