©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Developing a new routine to go with the new job...both start today.

Tuesday/Friday 5x5x5 in 25 with the wifey (full body compound movement workout with a good metabolic edge to it)

Monday chest and triceps
Wednesday back and biceps
Thursday legs

Weekends off

Chest is most lagging, so I put that early in the week when I'm fresh. Legs grow easy, so I put it late. Does this seem like its gonna run me down?

Also going to enjoy some selections from the "metal-enter at your own risk" thread with today's self-destruction session. I love that thread.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Stay healthy kid.

Thanks X, I appreciate that.

Developing a new routine to go with the new job...both start today.

Tuesday/Friday 5x5x5 in 25 with the wifey (full body compound movement workout with a good metabolic edge to it)

Monday chest and triceps
Wednesday back and biceps
Thursday legs

Weekends off

Chest is most lagging, so I put that early in the week when I'm fresh. Legs grow easy, so I put it late. Does this seem like its gonna run me down?

Also going to enjoy some selections from the "metal-enter at your own risk" thread with today's self-destruction session. I love that thread.

Triple, the thing I am seeing with this is overload on your lower back going from back to legs in consecutive days. And with the added in work in between with the 5x5x5, you can get burned out faster than you'd like.

Maybe try to slide one of those metabolic days between back and legs? Are you doing shoulders on the metabolic days?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a pretty good chest workout only to come home to the Boston news....WTF??

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Triple, the thing I am seeing with this is overload on your lower back going from back to legs in consecutive days. And with the added in work in between with the 5x5x5, you can get burned out faster than you'd like.

Maybe try to slide one of those metabolic days between back and legs? Are you doing shoulders on the metabolic days?

Thanks for the feedback, AtomAnt. Burnout is what I was worried about, of course, and I felt there was some chance of it with this protocol.

My back days rarely hit lower back hard, and even my deadlifts are sumo so they tax it less than most. I was thinking I would avoid deadlifts during back workouts and avoid straight leg deadlifts on leg day.

Yes, shoulders get hit on the metabolic day through bench/incline press, push press, and military press and rear delts on back day and during metabolic day BB or DB rows. My shoulders are pretty fucked so i have to keep the volume down on them.

Or give up the weekends off idea and do like you say slotting the metabolic in between legs and back.

Thanks again!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Wowzer..talk about a yetty in heat. Woke up.back was good
Not talking OK..but drop dead good.. Broke out yetty back day and tore it up..I mean tore it up.. atom, bro.I hope you feel better .take a break .between school.work chicks u are depleated.so Tuesday I expect change or u will hear a NW yetty in your ear saying move bitch similar to me hearing a gnome say in my ear .is that all you got bitch? Yeah unpleasant. ..xmen , lotta estro talk and no gym? Maybe after u lay pipe today I'll hear your game..turbo.face it. U gotta get big hanging with a genetic God . So no is not In your vocab..brick and triple you prob posted but my phone is a beetch to scroll ..so apology i missed ya ..but that doesn't mean to slack. . Cause I got good gut feeling with me away from here. Who's doing what. Take care .Tues .heavy legs why stop now right? Ib.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thanks for the feedback, AtomAnt. Burnout is what I was worried about, of course, and I felt there was some chance of it with this protocol.

My back days rarely hit lower back hard, and even my deadlifts are sumo so they tax it less than most. I was thinking I would avoid deadlifts during back workouts and avoid straight leg deadlifts on leg day.

Yes, shoulders get hit on the metabolic day through bench/incline press, push press, and military press and rear delts on back day and during metabolic day BB or DB rows. My shoulders are pretty fucked so i have to keep the volume down on them.

Or give up the weekends off idea and do like you say slotting the metabolic in between legs and back.

Thanks again!

IMO, I think you should keep in either the sumo DLs or the SLDLs. I would opt for the sumo SLDLs because they seem to be a better exercise for overall strength (hit back, hammies, traps, erectors and abs).

You can also just push legs back to friday and swap a metabolic day on Thursday?
--------

All it took for me was a mean look at my logbook today and I got the motivation I needed. Eyed that little bastard up and hit my zone. Slammed my logbook on calves and hammies and bested all of my last time efforts for quads. On my WM, a racked the weight, got lightheaded and nearly passed out. I still have a headache lol
------

Other news, my heart goes out to all those in Boston. I have many friends up there and thankfully all are fine. Several were watching the race and described the chaos... I am beside myself that something like this could happen

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Back day. Tried something I haven't done in a while...Pendlay Rows! Man they felt good. Gotta start throwing those in the rotation. Got a good forearm pump while doing them.

2 weeks of 250mg/week Test E. Noticing more vascularity and my libido is through the roof.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Back was really good with time constraints.Feeling it this am .
Arms were light and just more of a break in as I have really not trained arms
in a long time. Hmm feeling nothing. maybe delayed onset or maybe they
are more "in shape" than I thought from indirect stimulation.
No training today. Legs next. You all train well . I'll stop in afternoon.
Thanks, T..........

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Now look at what you did Xmen, you are giving me ideas!! :headbang: I have back down for this afternoon and I just might throw some of those pPendlay Rows in! Sounds like back day for quite a few at the AnaCSI sweatshop!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I'm jealous of all you fuckers... I have to be in school tonight and wait until tomorrow to train.

AHHHHHH...hope you all smash some shit up. Toss up an extra rep for me guys since I have to be off today, please?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
After a kick ass legs Sunday and chest yesterday, for some reason, I felt a little depleted this afternoon. Maybe I should have rested. It was an OK back workout today, but man, did I ever have to push through.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Solid back and bicep day today. Used a new cellular hydration mix pre- and intra-workout today. Worked really well. Swollen lats, teres, even rhomboids. And biceps so swollen that I had that ”if I bend my arms my skin will split” feeling.

Decided to go with a more traditional split and just do two-a-days on Tuesday/Thursday for my 5X5X5s.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Will be taking a recoup and feed day today. Have stuff to finish for newsletter 5.
Had a very long day yesterday. Tomorrow will be legs at the real gym.
Hope you guys have a great day. Thanks , T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Same here Turbo. Had one of those nights where I didn't sleep worth a damn too. Let's pick the weights up tomorrow brother.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
OK well I kept the old man group alive .welcome brick and turbo.. B la St ed LEGGS.. I mean wore these ponderosa pinertrees into sawdust..did a major exhaust of hammys and quads. Then worked up sets on leg press just to rest lower back some and finaled out 950 x 5 end set.OK not as hot as u guys but dam.good enuf for me..finished with calves and inner/outer thigh machine to stretch and grow my hip flexors into cables.. whos left.? Atom xmen triple ? Rack it guys. I'll be checking back.ib.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to hear someone killed it today IB! You are going to hear some noise from Brick tomorrow!