©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Good chest, shoulders, tri's session. Had a good looking gal ask me to spot her while she did box squats, felt lucky, cause she walked past 4 meatheads to come ask me. Don't tell the old lady.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
On my way to work out at one gym, which was way too fucking busy anyway, got a call from another gym and found out I was hired as their new training manager.

Went and trained at that gym and had an amazing workout. Damn good day.

COngrats Triple! Good luck with the new position.

Good chest, shoulders, tri's session. Had a good looking gal ask me to spot her while she did box squats, felt lucky, cause she walked past 4 meatheads to come ask me. Don't tell the old lady.

This board is just full of sexy mo' fo's lol

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Tore. Shit. Up. Yeah, I beasted the shit out my training today. I had that badass attitude thing going on and some kids loaded up the leg press with 10 plates on each side and even though I wasn't using it, I was angry as hell because some chicks wanted to use it. I unloaded it for them and was quite vocal in my descriptions of the kids...they heard me across the gym and walked into another room.

Anyway, I feel awesome. Hope y'all had a great day.

Good for you Atom! I hate that shit too. Lazy, inconsiderate, mofo's!!!!

Got back on the schedule for today. Love hitting back hard. Yeah baby!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well good to hear everyones on game yesterday even brick and his tanning job. I feel a little more gruf attitude from Atom.lol..so somethings working ..I had a decent chest day but really had a sore right shoulder front delt issue on incline straight bar bench.. any good advice on how to help this besides doing dumbbell inclines I'd appreciate. Kinda bummed my workout out.but I powered thru and did other movements with no prob..its my tax day so I'm kinda on a forced day off but will see how bad uncle Sam pisses me off for late iron time..have good one guys..x tripple and Chris glad to hear you guys kicken ass btw. Turbo show love bro ? Lol. I know..I'll chat u when back.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey Iron, the tax man has already pissed me off, big time. Maybe that helps a little?

Shoulder problems can be stubborn and common as hell. Is is a muscle or tendon issue? Maybe try staying away from those inclines might be good for a few weeks?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Well good to hear everyones on game yesterday even brick and his tanning job. I feel a little more gruf attitude from Atom.lol..so somethings working ..I had a decent chest day but really had a sore right shoulder front delt issue on incline straight bar bench.. any good advice on how to help this besides doing dumbbell inclines I'd appreciate. Kinda bummed my workout out.but I powered thru and did other movements with no prob..its my tax day so I'm kinda on a forced day off but will see how bad uncle Sam pisses me off for late iron time..have good one guys..x tripple and Chris glad to hear you guys kicken ass btw. Turbo show love bro ? Lol. I know..I'll chat u when back.

What type of training do you do? That is, more like strength/powerlifting or more like body building?

If it's strength/powerlifting, you already know you're fucked.

If it's bodybuilding, you can use a supinated grip and 45° angle between the humerus and spine on incline presses and relieve a lot of stress on the shoulder/front delt while still hammering the chest pretty well. I've used it myself and with clients pretty successfully.

It will probably mean a reduction in weight, but you can still train as you heal up, so it's way better than nothing.

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Glad to hear from you guys .brick and tripple. Yeah no power lifting.just darn good go for broke bb type to keep me 48yrs young..will avoid straight bar for a while and use some band inner outer rotators work to possibly assist too. Thanks. Had a gooood shoulder / trap day. Burn pump and jacked all at once.. Will check back in to scope.Atom X Chris Enigmatic sometimes and maybe my bro Turbo will show me some brotherly love like you guys..tomorrow Legs ..gonna be good..peace .ib

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I was off yesterday. Spent my evening in the books...bleh.

I got me some legs tonight and I'm not gonna lie, I feel a little beat up. I think it is mainly poor sleep and stress. Time to man up and get real with this shit. Back down? Fuck that, when the money's on the table, I'm going all in and leaving a trail of blood, sweat and chalk in my wake.

It's days like this when i feel like shit and it seems my back is up against the wall that I dig down deeper and pull out some motivation that I never thought I had.

Be good brothers.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Been feeling burnt out over the past week... I think I am going to take a week off

Just could not get into it today and just didn't have it in me to push through it.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Been feeling burnt out over the past week... I think I am going to take a week off

Just could not get into it today and just didn't have it in me to push through it.

Time for a little break and then back at it with new batteries. It will be worth it.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I was off yesterday. Spent my evening in the books...bleh.

I got me some legs tonight and I'm not gonna lie, I feel a little beat up. I think it is mainly poor sleep and stress. Time to man up and get real with this shit. Back down? Fuck that, when the money's on the table, I'm going all in and leaving a trail of blood, sweat and chalk in my wake.

It's days like this when i feel like shit and it seems my back is up against the wall that I dig down deeper and pull out some motivation that I never thought I had.

Be good brothers.

Yeah, for me its the deciding if I am just mental stress or its also physical. If its mental, if I can get focused, I can get a good session in and feel much better after.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Oh yeah...leg day for me, too. Gonna get in there while it's still early and uncrowded, do squats, walking lunges, leg machines, and all that, then have somebody carry me out. Not going to leave anything in the tank. I'm feeling unstoppable lately, so might as well take advantage.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yeah, for me its the deciding if I am just mental stress or its also physical. If its mental, if I can get focused, I can get a good session in and feel much better after.

Brick, we need to get together and slap each other around to get in the zone! LET"S GO!!!!

I got my focus. Cranked up some tunes on the way home from work and now I got that fire. :headbang:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I am cooked. Went up on my leg presses and seriously killed every set and then wrecked the widowmaker. I fished things off with the 6 rep pyramid on RDLs. I thought I was going to pass out when I got that last rep. I think I ruptured some blood vessels in my eyes. They are all bloodshot and shit.

I have an early day tomorrow. I see y'all around

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
I am cooked. Went up on my leg presses and seriously killed every set and then wrecked the widowmaker. I fished things off with the 6 rep pyramid on RDLs. I thought I was going to pass out when I got that last rep. I think I ruptured some blood vessels in my eyes. They are all bloodshot and shit.

I have an early day tomorrow. I see y'all around

Nice work! Love it when the blood vessels burst. Really seems to worry normal people, which is always fun.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
OK OK I see we had some people doubting mental capacity.. enigma you sound like u need a break..so do it. Iron never dissolves in a gym so it will be fine..Atom .. bout time you dropped the eeyore hymhaw attitude and went in and conquered. Sounds like it was leg day Wednesday cause I too blasted them late .I mean midnight..came out wired and ate and slept like a rock.Turbo? U stuck in a ditch bro? No I know whats shaken. Keep it real everyone.never say no. Ib

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Tore shoulders and traps up today. Did some time under tension sets and momma!! Burned it down! I may expand this approach to save these old-ass joints.

Daveyjones

Feb 14, 2013
Worked back and bis today, it was great the gym was quite becuase I went around 1 pm. Went to the doctors after to look over blood work and everything came back phenomenal.