©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Tonight is chest/bis/abs Blood and Guts style.
I'm feeling the power start to build, more strength and reps each week and I love training this way. 100% CLEAN diet, good quality fuel gets it done people. THAT's what separates the haves from have nots, get ALL the work in, the food, sleep and the iron. It's all or nothing brothers, leave nothing to chance.
KILL IT.
G.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Day off today, That nasty back injury gets most aggravated by get this....
flat benching! WTF ?! I can light bb squat I can train BACK I Can leg press andthe heavier it gets the better the injury feels. It is fucking excruciating after I complete a set of bench and try to get up off the bench. It is getting better but shit I did this on superbowl sunday in a blizzard.... Good thing is furnace is relit and gm is back full time in my life .
You guys have a great day and finish to this week. Summer is right around the corner though we have and windchills in the 20's here lately overnight.
Gonna make for a late spawn this year, Yeah I have my fishing stuff ready to go!
Hey Mick do you have my latest phone number? THX , TURBOBUSA>>>>>
Talk soon !!!!!!!!!!!.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
flat benching! WTF ?! I can light bb squat I can train BACK I Can leg press andthe heavier it gets the better the injury feels. It is fucking excruciating after I complete a set of bench and try to get up off the bench. It is getting better but shit I did this on superbowl sunday in a blizzard.... Good thing is furnace is relit and gm is back full time in my life .
You guys have a great day and finish to this week. Summer is right around the corner though we have and windchills in the 20's here lately overnight.
Gonna make for a late spawn this year, Yeah I have my fishing stuff ready to go!
Talk soon !!!!!!!!!!!.

You're contracting your lats during the eccentric part of the bench and flaring them on the ascent. I'd stick to single joint movements like db flyes and pec deck for two to three weeks supersetted with SLOW one arm db rows or close-grip, reverse-grip pulldowns. I'd actually start off with bent over laterals for the rhomboids and rear delts to take those out of the picture later and to pump them up and get them solid before hitting the chest/back superset thing. My .02.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You're contracting your lats during the eccentric part of the bench and flaring them on the ascent. I'd stick to single joint movements like db flyes and pec deck for two to three weeks supersetted with SLOW one arm db rows or close-grip, reverse-grip pulldowns. I'd actually start off with bent over laterals for the rhomboids and rear delts to take those out of the picture later and to pump them up and get them solid before hitting the chest/back superset thing. My .02.

I did that benching too.... I had my first clue years ago when a spot on my bench told me my lats really flared out during the press.

Right shoulder hurts like a bitch down right in the joint. Even on DB flyes. Gonna give the bio-curcumin a shot on top of the fish oil. Starting to feel cornered here. Why don't joints last forever? lol

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Talk soon !!!!!!!!!!!.
Still can't believe that shits bothering you. Hell I can't overhead press and can't even hold the damn bar to barbell squat. But incline bench just fine.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Hey guys. Still training like a pussy. lol

But hey, some BP's actually like this shit IMO.

Still doing delts and calves every other workout.

Working on the mind/muscle connection while training like this.

I'm going to to do delts, calves and a little quad work today.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit legs earlier this week, also bis and tris. After some running around and weekend chores today I'll be doing chest, back and delts. Have a great saturday brothers!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Back and bi's

Incline hammer pull downs

Incline curls

Hammer strength seated rows

Incline barbell ISO curls chest facing the incline

Wide grip pull downs

Db curls

40 minutes cardio and done

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the wheels this AM. Feel like I am getting my groove back. Came home and had a good lunch. Feeling good.

You guys have a great rest of the weekend.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Arms and traps today. Seated incline db curls, closegrip preachers, machine curls-burnouts...closegrip benches, cable pressdowns, one hand reverse grip pressdowns...bb shrugs bar behind back, bb shrugs front closegrip

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
BB skull crushers

incline DB curls

Tri push downs

Hammer strength ISO curls

Rope pull downs

Reverse curls

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
Monday is usually chest and shoulders for me, but my shoulders are lagging behind my pecs so just hit shoulders today, will probably continue to do that for a while to play catch up. Did 2 sets side laterals, 2 sets rear delt flys, 1 set front raises, 2 sets wide grip upright rows.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit chest today. Could have been better. Could have been worse. My goal is to keep on keeping on.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
On hour 25 at work FML I'm fuckin exhausted to say the least. Hoping to be off by 5-6am been at work since 1:45 am Monday morning. I'm getting delirious at this point

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
On hour 25 at work FML I'm fuckin exhausted to say the least. Hoping to be off by 5-6am been at work since 1:45 am Monday morning. I'm getting delirious at this point

Yikes..... I hope you can get some rest brother.

The kid and I are headed to work shoulders and legs

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Side lateral raises

Reverse grip db incline front lateral raises chest into the incline

Revers grip ez bar bb front lateral raises

Shrugs

Leg press

Superset calf raises

Leg extensions

Leg curls

Wall sits

Lunges across the gym and up the stairs

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit back yesterday and took the day off today. Three good ones in a row and the soreness is nice. I don't want to get too big and scare the AARP ladies so I skipped the weights today. LOL

Its all good. Make some noise with those plates brothers!