©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
You ever do skull crushers with a barbell? Nothing puts size on my tri's like those do.

There is a LOT to be said about that movement adding size to the tris!
If your wrists can take it, you'll reap some serious benefits using a straight bar vs. cambered/ez on those. For sure!
Look up the California press kubes, it's like that only to the chest! Serious damage producer to those horseshoes!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
There is a LOT to be said about that movement adding size to the tris!
If your wrists can take it, you'll reap some serious benefits using a straight bar vs. cambered/ez on those. For sure!
Look up the California press kubes, it's like that only to the chest! Serious damage producer to those horseshoes!

I will..... Working tri's is on of my favorites always looking to try something different but your right the wrists take a beating and I have to use the ez bar for the skull crushers now. Doing close grip bench is almost impossible

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Going to hit delts and tris tonight. Had lunch with a good friend who I'm going to work with to get him ready for a show late summer. Really brought my spirits up to train as I'm a bit low from getting ill last week. Watched a little training footage of big Ramy, that'll get you going!
Feeling psyched now! :headbang:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit some chest today. Shoulder pain is a big problem. Need to get that inflammation down but has to be 1-kidney friendly. Going to bump up my fish oil to 4 grams a day and see if it makes a dent.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yetsreday was what else? Front and side delts and gastrocs. A little bit of quad work too.

Chest and tris in about an hour today.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hit some chest today. Shoulder pain is a big problem. Need to get that inflammation down but has to be 1-kidney friendly. Going to bump up my fish oil to 4 grams a day and see if it makes a dent.

Brick, have you tried BCM-95 curcumin (I use Life Extension super bio curcumin). Curcumin acts as an anti-inflammatory as well as protects against cancer.

Cissus is also something you may want to look into

I trained chest, shoulders and tris yesterday. Truly a kick ass session. I did chest on my own and hit shoulders and tris with Kevin Levrone and his cousin.

These pics are from Sunday and one is from training yesterday

Attachments

• front lat - cancer week 1.jpg
    front lat - cancer week 1.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 22
  • front bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    front bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Back Bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    Back Bi - cancer week 1.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Side Chest - Cancer week 1.jpg
    Side Chest - Cancer week 1.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Mental and Levrone.jpg
    Mental and Levrone.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 22

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks Atom. I am going to def give Life Extension super bio curcumin a try. Been using turmeric but I want to try that instead. I have many years of wear and tear on my shoulders in the gym.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Chest and sholders today. I hit a new product today wide lateral press 450 lbs for 1. Then seated overhead press 360 lbs. Go me

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Have had the crud puking and shittin my brains out for a week. Still hit 3x375 on flat bench hadn't eaten for 4 days so not to shabby

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hammer strength press

Db flys

Peckdeck

Free motion fitness incline flys superset into decline flys

40 minutes low intensity cardio and done

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Great pics Atom, looking tight man. KL is friggin' amazing. Must have been a killer session w/ him.
Tonight was back. I'm destroying stuff now. I can't imagine doing a single rep for back and not holding the full contraction for a quick 1-1.5 second squeeze. I love it.
Time for bed, up for fasted cardio at 5 (maybe, I'm careful because cardio can make me stringy and lose fullness easily) then tomorrow's chest, biceps and abs.
It's going to be amazing.
KILL IT!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Back day after all this sickness finally got all my meals in and actually pulled 635 wasn't pretty and was slow but the determination to keep pulling was there and got it. I think I need to lower the weights back down and work on the explosiveness cuz a powerlifter asked me do I always go that slow? But was impressed cuz I followed through when most would've given up around the knee's. Needed someone to spot me in case I passed out or got extremely light headed which has actually happened lol. Where's the powerlifter at to give me some recommendations.
15 rep warm up 135
15 rep warm up 225
5-315
5-405
3-495
1-585
1-635

Psych, chickenhawk, turbo any recommendation to get even more maybe stick at 495 for 3-5 sets of 3 or what? Killed the rest of my back as well

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
AA cool pics and you look a lot bigger than you did only a year ago. Levrone has always seemed like a class act for the sport so that's awesome you actually got to workout with him even cooler

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hammer strength pull downs

Seated rows

Lawn mowers

Close grip pull downs

Finished off the bi's

Incline curls

ISO db preacher curls

Cable curls

40 minutes low intensity cardio and done. Tomorrow is rest

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Bumped up the fish oil and planning on a shoulder/ trap workout today. Rested yesterday. My body needed it after three days in a row and I was sore from head to toe. Love that feeling. Fuck cancer. Fuck pain.

Happy Friday eve brothers