©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning! Mick I hit back carefully with son yesterday.
Gonna be first ease into wheels since tearing that shit up in my back.
Hey big fitness expo here may 2-3. gonna have a shit load of iron buds just hanging for the weekend. Be cool if you could come.
Chicken hawk and a couple guys I"m prepping for nats are coming . Be a lot of plers bbers and s/m competitors .
Brick again I must tell you in all honesty you are one hell of a mighty man and an inspiration to all. My son says tell you hello and looking forward to seeing some sunshine on all our faces soon!!!!
Atom as brick said you will have a wonderful wedding .
My 11th anniversary was on the 28th. I still have the piece of card board my step daughter wrote my vows out as I spoke them.
Had all my buddies bawling and there wives too. Was people I love like family and they know that it is amazing i'm still on this earth.
Most thought i'd never make 25. Wild does not even come close to
what a reckless dangerous person I once was . My wife could see the good I did not know existed . Life is good! have a great day and week ahead... Thx brick thanks atom ! You guys made my day.
T

Did some chest today brothers! Went up to a whooping 185 on bench! LMAO! Hey! After the last couple months, fuck it! I am alive!!! Planning on some back tomorrow. I'll be conservative again. Don't wanna squirt my intestines out this incision. Messy. Planning on a good spring and my training will improve after this last sucker-punch.

Atom, you hang tough! And don't go talking about life being short because you are just getting started good. Nothing wrong with appreciating the little things. We all should no matter what out personal circumstances are. Makes life rich along the way. And BTW, your wedding will be beautiful no matter what.

Will talk soon T!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Did some chest today brothers! Went up to a whooping 185 on bench! LMAO! Hey! After the last couple months, fuck it! I am alive!!! Planning on some back tomorrow. I'll be conservative again. Don't wanna squirt my intestines out this incision. Messy. Planning on a good spring and my training will improve after this last sucker-punch.

Atom, you hang tough! And don't go talking about life being short because you are just getting started good. Nothing wrong with appreciating the little things. We all should no matter what out personal circumstances are. Makes life rich along the way. And BTW, your wedding will be beautiful no matter what.

Will talk soon T!

Good morning! Mick I hit back carefully with son yesterday.
Gonna be first ease into wheels since tearing that shit up in my back.
Hey big fitness expo here may 2-3. gonna have a shit load of iron buds just hanging for the weekend. Be cool if you could come.
Chicken hawk and a couple guys I"m prepping for nats are coming . Be a lot of plers bbers and s/m competitors .
Brick again I must tell you in all honesty you are one hell of a mighty man and an inspiration to all. My son says tell you hello and looking forward to seeing some sunshine on all our faces soon!!!!
Atom as brick said you will have a wonderful wedding .
My 11th anniversary was on the 28th. I still have the piece of card board my step daughter wrote my vows out as I spoke them.
Had all my buddies bawling and there wives too. Was people I love like family and they know that it is amazing i'm still on this earth.
Most thought i'd never make 25. Wild does not even come close to
what a reckless dangerous person I once was . My wife could see the good I did not know existed . Life is good! have a great day and week ahead... Thx brick thanks atom ! You guys made my day.
T

I love you guys like family... I really do

Chest shoulders and tris last night

DB Fly 3 sets of 10-12
Incline DB press 3 sets of 6-8 (hard contraction at the top) Drop sets on the last set
Incline BB 3 sets of 6-8, last set 2 drops
Cable flys 2 sets of 20, set 1, 10 partials, set 2 15 partials then 2 drop sets
Cable side laterals superset with
DB front raises 4 sets of 12-15
Smith military press 3 sets of 6-8 last set is a drop set
Face pulls 3 sets of 10-12 with 10 partials after each set superset with
Machine side laterals 3 sets of 12-15 with last set being a triple dropset
Machine dips 3 sets of 8-10 last set DC style rest pause 15-20 range superset with
Pullover extensions 3 sets of 12-15
V bar press downs 3 sets of 10-12 last set ran the rack down

Pump was absolutely INSANE! My chest looked like I stuck a bowling balls in my pecs LOL

I chatted with my uncle today, he is a doctor and has seen all of my reports up to this point and he feels that surgery might not be needed if they do not feel the tumor can turn cancerous and can clear up my gallbladder. He said to talk to my GI doc about UDCA and getting an ERCP... he is a smart guy and generally pretty spot on with his medical advice

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for the kind words T. I don't feel like an inspiration, I just feel like a guy that got cornered. :( Tell your son I said hey, he's a cool guy. Like father like son.

Atom, you keep your head up. You're going a have a good wedding and summer. Its great to have someone in the family that you can get good medical advice. Knowledge is empowering. I can vouch for that from my own experience.

Trained back today. I was very careful. Still don't feel 100% strong in my core. Don't want to fuck it up so I hold back. I know someone at my gym who's mother lost a kidney to cancer and she told me the other day it was 3 months before her mother felt 100% healed post-op.

This big-ass scar is going to be cool. Planning on telling people when i go to the beach I was attacked by a great white.

OK, brothers, I wanna see some good lifts. Eye of the tiger baby.

Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
What's up friends

Incline hammer presses each set pause rep

Wide grip presses

Dumbbell flys

Peckdeck superset incline presses

40 minutes cardio and done

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis, tris, calves today...db curls, seated concentrations, hammer curls. Weighted bench dips, overhead db extensions, kickbacks. One leg calf raises holding db, raises on leg press. Im off work for a 3 day weekend...well nedded. Def gonna hit the gym hard at least 2 of those days :headbang:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the shoulders and traps Wed. I was stronger than the week before. Rested yesterday and going to train arms today. Swelling along that big-ass incision is finally going down closer to normal.

Been thinking about you Atom. Any news from the doctors about the next step?

You all have a great Friday. Make it count for something.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hit the shoulders and traps Wed. I was stronger than the week before. Rested yesterday and going to train arms today. Swelling along that big-ass incision is finally going down closer to normal.

Been thinking about you Atom. Any news from the doctors about the next step?

You all have a great Friday. Make it count for something.

Scheduled for the biopsy on Monday...

Last night was a wicked ass leg session. We focused on hammies

Lying Leg Curls 4 x 15-20 with forced reps and a static on the lat set

Superset
Adductors 4 x 15-20 with 2 second hold on the contraction
Abductors 4 x 15-20 with 2 second hold on the contraction

Smith Lunges 4 x 10 each leg (but I ended up getting around 12-13 on my sets, just grinding them out)

Plie Leg press 3 x 20 grinded these out like a mother fucker...

BB SLDLS 4 x 10, 8, 5, 15

Superset
Seated Leg Curls 5 x 20+
Leg Extensions 5 x 20+ we did forced reps and statics and just was crazy on both of these

Rotary Calf Press 4 x 12

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest, back and delts today. Incline db presses, flat bench flyes, decline db presses. Rear chins(bar behind neck), seated widegrip cable rows, seated closegrip underhand rows. Rear military press, front military presses, db side laterals, front db raises. Enjoy the holiday weekend my brothers!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I bought the fortitude training book last night, really dig it. Going to start a blast on monday

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed chest and high rep bi's yesterday. Worked up to 385x3 on bench. Today trying to get myself motivated to go hit back.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Arms and traps this afternoon...st bar curls, reverse grip st bar curls, db 15's(same as 21's just heavier weight) machine curls. Skullcrushers ss with closegrip benches, cable pressdowns, one arm overhead db extensions. Upright rows and closegrip ez bar shrugs. Plan on hitting wheels tomorrow, as long as i dont stuff my face too much at easter dinner.lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Just left the hospital after my biopsy... Any if you guys train the same day as a biopsy or should I take off?

Give it a rest today AA. Use the time for relaxing and maybe some
training and meal planning. Plus the big day s right around the corner.
I promise the wts will be there for you tomorrow. LOl
Leaving to hit back and bi's shortly.
Everyone smile and make the day yours.. T

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Didnt get to wheels yesterday. Pigged out on ham, potatoes and all the fixins...then proceeded to get half drunk.lol. Hey, thats what holidays are for sometimes right :D. Got to legs today tho so everything worked out. Arms tomorrow or wednesday

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Skull crushers

Dumbbell preacher curls

Hammer strength push downs

Incline DB curls

Cable push downs

Hammer curls

5 sets each to fail

40 minutes cardio