©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
This morning I felt a bit lazy but managed to hit chest & Biceps.

Weighted Dips
Incline DB
Flat BB

Standing BB curls
Alt Db curls
preachers

3-4 sets each exercise heavy reps 4-7

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I've had a rough couple of days... I found out I have lesions on my liver that may be cancerous according to my doctor. I have to go for a CT scan to determine the severity of the lesions...

Anyway, still pushing hard and doing well on my HRT doses

Last night was chest, shoulders and tris:

Hammer Strength Wide Chest 3 sets of 6,8 12 then 1 RP 15-20
Cable X Over 3 x 8, 10, 12 then 1 WM
BB Military 3 x 12, 10, 6 then 1 RP 15-20
Db Side Laterals 2 x 12, 8 then 1 WM
Free Motion Triceps Ext 3 x 12, 10, 8 then 1 RP 20-25
Rope Triceps Pressdowns 2 x 12, 10 then 1 WM

Short and sweet!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I've had a rough couple of days... I found out I have lesions on my liver that may be cancerous according to my doctor. I have to go for a CT scan to determine the severity of the lesions...

Anyway, still pushing hard and doing well on my HRT doses

Last night was chest, shoulders and tris:

Hammer Strength Wide Chest 3 sets of 6,8 12 then 1 RP 15-20
Cable X Over 3 x 8, 10, 12 then 1 WM
BB Military 3 x 12, 10, 6 then 1 RP 15-20
Db Side Laterals 2 x 12, 8 then 1 WM
Free Motion Triceps Ext 3 x 12, 10, 8 then 1 RP 20-25
Rope Triceps Pressdowns 2 x 12, 10 then 1 WM

Short and sweet!
Atom, I hope it isn't. Stay positive and take care of yourself. Peace Brother.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom, I hope it isn't. Stay positive and take care of yourself. Peace Brother.

I'm very positive right now... My girl and I are joking around about what she'll do with my life insurance money if I croak lol

Shit, life deals us some crazy hands, I'll play the one I'm dealt and be just fine.

I'll get the ct scan after I get pre-approval from my insurance company. That should be by tomorrow...

Thank you for your kind words

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
I'm down & out from training for about a wk.
Last night I went hypo twice & once this morning.

I use slin regularly & respond to it like a MF - but I have pushed the limits for too long & its time to cut that fucker out of my arsenal for a bit. It was awful bc my baby girl was the only one home & It scared the shit out of her & I feel like shit. Mom is deployed in Turkey & Its hard taking care of her alone & Im so fucking ashamed.

Sorry for the rant - I just take being the best father I can seriously.
FUCK ME! :(

Tear it up in the gym brothers!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Atom, you are in my thoughts brother. You're a good guy with very strong will. How did your doctor come up with that?

Lavey, sorry to hear you went through those episodes and your little one was exposed to that. Sounds like you're a great dad for just recognizing that you can do things better. As a father, I completely understand.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Lavey, stay healthy brother!

Atom and Lavey, take care of yourselves.

Thanks Sandpig

Atom, you are in my thoughts brother. You're a good guy with very strong will. How did your doctor come up with that?

Grim, well my Uncle, a doctor had been pushing my previous gastroenterologist to get an ultrasound but he never did. My uncle is a very good doctor and tends to pick up on nuances that many doctors miss and he sends his suggestions to the doctors that I work with. I let the doctors I work with know in advance that I consult with my uncle about everything as he is pretty much my father.

The new Gi doc said, OK, I don't suspect the ultrasound will show anything, but if you insist, what harm can be done... well my uncle was right...

Thank you for your concern.

Training from yesterday:

Instead of waiting until the weekend to squat when it would normally come up in our rotation, I decided to hit squats last night. Got up to 385lbs for 5 GOOD reps.

Seated Calf Raises 4 sets of 10-12
BB Squats 3 sets (work sets) of 5-8
Sissy Hack Squats 2 sets of 15
High and Wide Leg Press 3 sets of 12 then 1 Rp in the 15-20 range
Lying Leg Curls 3 sets of 8, 10, 12 then 1 WM
Leg Ext. 3 sets of 12 then 1 WM
Adductors and Abductors 3 x 15, 20, 25

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
First AA. Sorry you are going through what you are.Did want to mention
I have known a few bbers plers over the years that had the same scare you are investigating.
none were cancerous.Overuse of orals can tax your hepatic system with cumulative stress . Hope all is well. I would suggest even if all is ok as far as
any cancer I would call it a day on most orals . That is just my suggestion as a friend. Lavey you need to forgive yourself asap.We as fathers make mistakes at times . All is ok now ?The best thing you can do is put it behind you and employ those great fathering instincts for yourself and child. one question which slin did you have the episode with?
Everyone else hope your training and lives are on point and good day to every one of you. THX T

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis/tris today. Alt db curls, seated concentrations, hammer curls...weighted bench dips, db kickbacks, overhead extensions. 3-4 sets each

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, you stay positive. Waiting on tests sux but you just keep your head up and keep training. This could also very well be absolutely nothing serious. Hang tough and smile. We got your back. I think T is right about the orals if those have been in the picture. The liver can heal itself. Its pretty amazing in that dept.

Lavey, you are a good man so don't beat yourself down. We all make mistakes. I sure have. You manned up and that speaks volumes brother. Family first.

Last edited: