©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Whats up bros! Long time no speak. Ive been on hiatus for a while. My shitty job, 2 weeks of being sick, plus a failing marriage put me in a terrible funk. Im ashamed to say i didnt lift a single weight for damn near a month...so thats why i havent been around for a while. Finally drug my sorry ass to the gym, got 3 good workouts in. I forgot how much the iron can heal you and pull you through some shit. Finally starting to feel like myself again. Good to see everybody still posting in here. Hope everybodys doin good :headbang:

stay strong bro !! we will always be here for u ! :headbang:

Absolutely Matt, we're a PM away anytime brother.
Yes we're always hear for you brother even if its just to listen and let you vent.

Chest day killed it. Shoulder was acting up this morning but worked right through and annihilated my chest gonna be sore tomorrow.

Been working 100+ hours a week for a while now so personal and workout life has been taking a beating, but got my wife and my daughter coming to visit for a few days so I'll be out of the gym starting Thursday through Sunday. One thing I've learned since my daughter was born and all the younger members need to listen up unless you're gonna be a top tier pro (and truthfully there's very few that will ever make it to that level off the boards sorry to be a Debbie downer) put your family first. If you don't one day you'll look back and regret it. I beat myself up trying to workout and only getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night and then working 15+ but its all for my family and mainly my daughter gym comes second now. That's a first in a long time. Enjoy your day brothers back tomorrow before I take a few days off.

Brick get your as in hear and lighten the mood with your good news

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Alright fuckers, I got good news as of this AM. My kidney biopsies were benign! That's right, you all have to keep puttin' up with my sorry old ass! It has been a stressful week from hell worrying about this. Now, I feel like the world has been lifted off of me.

Hit some chest today. Easing back into it after a week off. Still kinda sore in that lower back on the right side. They told me to take it easy for a few days after so I would not bleed.

Matt, I hate to hear that. Stay strong brother. You have a ton of friends here. Life is always full of unforeseen changes. You will get through and make it out the other side strong. Keep pushing iron. It sure helped me.

Last edited:

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Phoe, your right bro! theres more in life then just bodybuilding ;)

Brick, that is absolutely great news !!:food-smiley-004::food-smiley-004::food-smiley-004:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lol. Diet over. Im on a forced diet from meds no appetite at all. So im violent and short fused and test level is 600 trt go figure. Anyone know anyone in phoenix? . Need superbowl crash site for 2 guy friends will pay .lol

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Lol. Diet over. Im on a forced diet from meds no appetite at all. So im violent and short fused and test level is 600 trt go figure. Anyone know anyone in phoenix? . Need superbowl crash site for 2 guy friends will pay .lol

Dear Mr. or Ms. Stranger,

Hi, I'm violent and short fused, can I stay at your place?

Thx.K.Bye.

:sport-smiley-002:

ROFL!!

Ib, it's going to be ok brother, you know that, this crap's gonna clear up!

BRICK!!(Dylan) "Youuuuuu sonofabitch!" :)
So glad to hear that man, that's amazing news bro! :food-smiley-004:

Ok, so much to my surprise (well, not really, I eat food like a Dyson on crack) I downed 5,000+ kCalories today, yes I logged every damned thing. I actually came down 2 hours after my last meal of the day and ate 3 slices of pizza, a protein shake, glass of Sierra Mist soda over ice (cane sugar, damn that's refreshing! LOL) and a bowl of Baskin Robbins ice cream with 4 birthday cake oreos smashed in it with Hershey's chocolate syrup.
Oh yeah, the gym...did legs DESTROYED the weight. Man, after a shit ass chest session, I was depressed a bit, but tonight, once again the best anabolic you can buy, FOOD came through. I'm pumped, energetic and taking a fu**ing day off tomorrow mofos! Earned!
Nite you nuts.
Hugs and Bruises,
Grim

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis tris and traps last night, damn im sore today.lol Thats one of the worst parts of taking time off, takes a while to get reconditioned. I dont mind though, its a good pain

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Matt, glad you are tossing some iron. It cures many headaches!

Good to see you drop in Lavey!

Hit some back today. I stayed conservative with my weights and intensity until I see my doctor in the AM and he gives me the "go" after my biopsies.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Chest yesterday. 21 sets total.

Sick again so I'm skipping the back workout today and tmrw is a day off. Hopefully I'll be ready for Sat.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Trained back and shoulders last night and got humbled down by the weights once again. My gyms dubells go to 75s to 100 with nothing in between. Well I've been reping 75s easy and thought I was ready for the 100s. I got half a rep in and it was over. :( I got so depressed

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
On Honeymoon out of town till Monday. Wont have time to train as the new wifes noose is tight. Y'all get busy with the ferrous alloy which has been heated until it liquifies, and is then poured into a round mould to solidify then attached to a bar. *:)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Brothers, I guess I'll just say it. My good news the other day was premature.

When they told me my biopsies were good, I assumed that was it. I now know those biopsies were from my bladder and ureters. I met with my surgeon yesterday and he told me that they could not get a good tissue sample from my kidney due to the location. So, they did a "wash". They shoot a fluid up in the kidney and then pull that out. They test that fluid for cancer cells. They got those results after I got my other biopsy news. The test showed I have aggressive cancer in my right kidney. All the team agrees they should remove my kidney. So, in 5 weeks I am having another big surgery. Its a big, busy medical center and that was the first opening.

I feel pretty sick about it. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but its hard. The look on his face yesterday really said it all. I'll try to be around, but right now, everything is a blur and does not seem real. I may be MIA. Just wanted you to know.

I love you guys.

Last edited:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Brick, I don't know what to say other than we love you too, we're pulling for you and we're here for you my friend.
My own doctor, who treated me when I suffered a near fatal blood clot and pulmonary embolism got the same news about his kidney and had his removed. He is fine today and I'm grateful to see him over this challenge and I know I'll have that same feeling knowing that you, my friend, are over that hurdle and on the mend. I don't have faith in much sometimes, but I do have faith in believing and positivity.
Again, I'm so sorry to hear your journey's taken a different turn, one with a slightly longer road home to wellness, but you will get there and we'll be here for you every step of the way. Love you brother.
G.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Brick we've talked and you know where I stand brother. I'm here for you and if you need anything just lmk. You're such a great person of there's anything, anything at all we can do just let us know. We love you to keep your head up brother we made it through this once we'll do it again