©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
So Thursday is National Back day? :D

Crossovers x4
HS Incline x4
Inc fly/press x4
Flat bench x4
BW Dips to failure x2
Its usually every 4-5 days for me and right after national chest day but working 100 hours a week and still kinda sick I'm lucky to make it every other day to the gym.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Back home. Everything looked good except the right kidney. Waiting on a biopsy report in a couple days. Its either scar tissue from those infections or more cancer.

May hit some light shoulders today. Try to get my routine back.

Good to see everyone.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Back home. Everything looked good except the right kidney. Waiting on a biopsy report in a couple days. Its either scar tissue from those infections or more cancer.

May hit some light shoulders today. Try to get my routine back.

Good to see everyone.

Sending good vibes your way brother!

Yesterday was LONG session. Delts, tris and abs. Wife and I hit weights for 2 hours followed by 25 minutes on the step mill. Killer!
:headbang:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Dang Grim! that is some serious time you put in! Nice!

Ended up not training today. Yesterday caught up to me.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Heyy. Did shoulders yesterday and feeling like im ready to get steady ..been a long haul with meds and I swear drs are the best at trying the wrong med . Glad to read that everyones tossin iron like bad mutha fukrs. Keep it up. !

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Hit back tonight, KILLED the weights, reps. Definitely getting the strength back after a nice long layoff. Dieting too. 50 carbs today. I'm cooking and weighing ALL meals every day for the Mrs. and myself. I'm her coach, dietitian, drill sergeant, etc. She's tightening up nicely and getting stronger every week. Very psyched.
G.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Legs today
Seated leg curls – 2-3 warm up sets. Do two sets of 20. Use perfect form, flex at the contraction point. Next add some significant weight and do 2 sets of 6 with 3 second descents as you should have a lot of blood in there.
Leg press – Make sure you do plenty of warm ups. Do sets of 8 up until you are at a weight that is a challenging 8. You should still have 1 or 2 reps left in the tank though when you do your 8. Place your feet in the standard slightly wider than shoulder width, toes pointed out, high/middle part of the platform stance. This is where it gets fun. Do 8 reps, then walk slowly over to the Smithmachine for a set of lunges.
Supersetted with Smith machine lunges – Do 8 reps on one leg, then 8 on the other. On your second set do 10 reps with the same weight on each leg. On your last set do 12 reps with the same weight, this should hammer you. You
should be in pain and quads pumped big time. 6 total work sets via 3 supersets.
Squats – Use a weight you can do 8 good reps with. I want you to go below parallel, and go ahead and lockout when you come up. Rest for a second then go back down. Do 3 sets of 8 like this. This should put the finishing touch on your quads today. 3 total work sets.
Barbell stiff legged deads – Do 4 sets of 10 on these. Do not lockout. Go up ¾ of the way then come back down. Keep constant tension on hams.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Did back yesterday too.

Working everyday right now. Losing weight.

And yea, we've been down this road before. Z28 keeps telling me to get off the Tren. :naughty1:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
30 minutes on the steps tonight. Was tough to get through. Last 4 days on, about 50 carbs last two days. Starting to feel a bit sluggish, but calm and satisfied mentally. Tomorrow is a 'touch up' day. Hit some exercises I like to do, nothing crazy, need the CNS to rest more.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Chest/shoulders/triceps/back
Incline dumbell press on low angle – Do a few warm up sets to get started. Pyramid up on these doing sets of 8. Don’t lock out, keep continuous tension. Keep going up until you can’t get 8 reps. We’ll count the last 3 sets as work sets. 3 total work sets.
Incline barbell press – Pyramid up on these doing sets of 8 as well, until you can’t get 8. Again, do not lockout, and go up until you can’t get 8. On this we will count the last 3 sets as working sets too. 3 total work sets.
Stretch pushups – 3 sets to failure – keep your chin up while doing; try to touch the floor with your chest. 3 total work sets.
Smith decline bench press – Use a slight angle as you know. Use a wide grip on these this time. Put a weight on there you can do 15 with. Pause the weight for 1 second on your chest and then drive to ¾ lockout. Go to failure like this for 3 sets total. 3 total work sets.
VBar pushdowns – Do 1 warm up set to get feel. Do 4 sets of 12 with 30 second breaks between sets. Don’t flex at the bottom. Keep the weight moving, continuous tension. Try to go fairly heavy.
Seated dumbell side laterals – I want you to do 8 perfect reps on these, and then do 15 partials out of the bottom. Do 4 sets like this. The partials won’t be too bad because the weight isn’t real heavy, but by the time you get through the 4
th set, your shoulders will be on fire and pumped. Rest about 90 seconds between sets. 4 total work sets.
Banded rear delt pulls/face pulls – Do 4 sets of 10 flexing at the contracted position for 2 seconds on each rep. total work sets.
Narrow grip chins – 4 sets to failure. Use straps, keep your chest arched. 4 total work sets.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Back, calves, abs
Meadows row/One arm barbell row superset – Do a few warm up sets. Do the one arm barbell row first, then on the same arm do the Meadows row. Rest for a sec then do the other side. Do 6 reps on everything here. This should be very tough. 4 total work sets.
Dumbell Shrugs – Do 4 sets of 12 with 3 second pauses at the top. 4 total work sets.
Parallel grip pulldowns– Really stretch your lats at the top on these and drive your elbows down hard. Do 4 sets of 10 reps. 4 total work sets.
DB Rows on incline utility bench – Do sets of 10 here. 3 total work sets.
Banded hyperextension – Hit 4 sets of 15 with as much band tension as you can handle! 4 total work sets.