©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, sorry about that hernia. Been down that path myself. Good to hear its not too bad.

Gonna chill today. I feel like I have caught a mild cold and I am covered up with work. Going to catch a good walk today in the sun. The weather looks warmer and better. Love being outside in the sun and fresh air.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Prepping for my meet in 4 weeks.

Dead lift worked up to 635 2 for 4 sets
Bench 5x5 535 to 2 board
Lift to knees 555 3x4 thought i was gonna shit my pants :p
5x10 flys
speed squats.

My left bicep kills when i lift need to get it worked on.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Decided to change things a bit to continue giving my body a little break.

Didn't want to change the type of training so I just bumped up the reps so I'm not continuing to pound these joints. With my 50th birthday just around the corner, I need to get smarter instead of worrying about getting bigger.

Back, chest, delts and tri's yesterday. No PR's obviously.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Nursing a little cold so I am laying out today. Aiming for shoulders/traps tomorrow.

Life is very good despite this cold.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
We are back blasting again this week... let me tell you, my legs are sore as all fuck!!!!

Beginning of the week was heavy legs with light upper body then reversed, heavy upper body and light lower body.

Yesterday was muscle rounds with a lower body focus and tonight will be muscle rounds with an upper body emphasis.

A guy I competed against who moved away but still has family near me contacted me to see if he could train with us when he is in town to see his family. I told him he is welcome to train with us the days we are here... we are making the round trip to see both of our families Tuesday - Saturday next week.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Since I dropped the weights on most of the exercises, I decided to do some drop sets to keep the intensity up. Bis, calves, quads and hams yesterday.

On a side note, I've been pretty much working everyday lately and the fat is melting away. Down about five pounds.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well dang, my little cold has grown into a bigger one.
Look at the positives brother. You got great news yesterday. Whenever I got a cold when I still was drinking whiskey all I'd do is grab a bottle of my favorite and drink up. Next morning maybe a slight hangover, but felt a million times better. Drink plenty of water 2-4+ glasses and take 2-3 aspirin's

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks Phoe! Yep, I'll take that news I got yesterday any day! Man, A couple shots of Jack Black does sound good! This woman I knew years ago highly recommended "rock and rye" for a cold... a shot of whiskey with a little honey and lemon in it. I think I'll skip the honey and lemon! LOL!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, I think your remedy worked. I am feeling better. 3 shots of Jack and I was in the bed early. Worked like a charm. :headbang:

Nurse called me yesterday and said the labs on my urine looked good. No abnormal cells found. That is a good sign for further up in those 2 ureters into my kidneys. Good day yesterday

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Phoe, I think your remedy worked. I am feeling better. 3 shots of Jack and I was in the bed early. Worked like a charm. :headbang:

Nurse called me yesterday and said the labs on my urine looked good. No abnormal cells found. That is a good sign for further up in those 2 ureters into my kidneys. Good day yesterday

Glad you're feeling better and even happier the blood work's looking good

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Chest heavy bi's and calves. Week 1 of my blast and front loaded npp, tren ace and test prop and holy shit I am about 85 lbs heavier on bench most of that being my shoulders not in pain so I could actually go heavier. Felt really good though. I will admit it was a hammer strength Smith machine but hell one rep of 405 and another at 425 I must say really boosted my ego. Also it obviously didn't hurt my shoulder doing heavy incline bench for reps

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Phoe, that's the exact blast I'll be doing come Jan.

Tren and Prop will be low to moderate but I'm gonna crank up the NPP.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
back, chest, delts and tri's yesterday.

So not only have I dropped the weights to give my body a break before I start blasting in Jan. but I've started squeezing at the contraction of most reps. Especially for back.