©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Going to take the day off. 4 good ones in a row and I'm feeling it. Wife is taking the day off from work so we'll be getting out and starting the holiday weekend early.

You guys have a good one.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed arm's last night then watched the final preseason games and finished watching the Aggies destroy south Carolina. Ate a whole chicken myself. Diets going pretty good eating between 1½-2 lbs sliced deli chicken a day as well as a Greek yogurt and an apple.

I'm gonna have to cut another hole in my belt, I've actually put it off long enough that this hole will be more like 2-3 holes further away from the current hole. I'm almost down to a snug 36" waist but because of legs I have to stick with a 38" or wear baggy jeans I prefer loose fit.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the weekend with their families/ loved ones.
Legs tonight for me unless I actually get tomorrow off and then I'm headed home tonight

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed arm's last night then watched the final preseason games and finished watching the Aggies destroy south Carolina.

Ate a whole chicken myself for dinner after my workout. Diets going pretty good eating between 1½-2 lbs sliced deli chicken a day as well as a Greek yogurt and an apple.

I'm gonna have to cut another hole in my belt, I've actually put it off long enough that this hole will be more like 2-3 holes further away from the current hole. I'm almost down to a snug 36" waist but because of legs I have to stick with a 38" or wear baggy jeans I prefer loose fit.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the weekend with their families/ loved ones.
Legs tonight for me unless I actually get tomorrow off and then I'm headed home tonight

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Going to kill arms today. My goal is to go for the muscle spasms again. To have my bicept lock up when I bend at the elbow. It might be over kill it might of hurt like hell. But I felt like I did good that day

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Another day on the intensive cruise... Emphasis on Quads, hammies back and chest and Quads, calves, back and shoulders for my girl. All uscle rounds last night.

I nearly shit when I look over at her and she is doing muscle rounds 330lbs on leg press. That is 6 sets of 4-6 reps with 10 seconds of rest between each set.

I am pretty dang sore right now... my legs are beat up. Gonna train saturday and monday then off until thursday or friday of next week. That is the layout of Fortitude training.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Good simple straight forward, yet effective one tonight for chest, delts and back. Incline bb bench, flat bench flyes, decline db presses, db pullovers, widegrip rear pullups, widegrip cable rows, closegrip underhand cable rows...behind neck shoulder press, standard front presses, db lateral raises, reverse flyes for rear delts. Made every set count, blown up pretty respectable right now so im happy with that. Y'all have a good n safe holiday weekend!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You to bro. And everyone else have a good holiday. I dear you to eat more then me
You dear me? OK challenge accepted. I'll post all the chicken and steak I devour. Lol

Killed legs today and coming to the realization that they don't make the plate loaded squat machines for me cuz I max em out with plates and then do way to many reps but trying to give my shoulder a break. I did however do some heavy ass leg extensions first to try and tire em before squats. I can't wait to test the waters on free weight squats again after this peptide run I'm fixing to embark on to try and repair some of the damage I've caused throughout the years.

Enjoy your labor day brother's on a good note think I'll be off by time to make my sons first football game and I'm excited:D:D:D

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I'm just a little guy but I'd always be up for an eating challenge.

Started the weekend off at a buffet last night.

Getting ready to blast delts and hams.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Have you ever lost something and it's right in front of your face? Well, programming is my favorite aspect of weight sports and yet this is my FIRST time in this thread and I am in love already. I love seeing how you all train and of course the bull shitting that goes along with it, makes me feel at home :)

Anyway, this is the perfect place for me to lay out what I feel is my best PLing Template yet. Since everything I do is so against the grain I would enjoy questions, critiques and criticism. Unfortunately, I have no one local (at my gym) who can even keep up with my concepts and while it's possible I over complicate things I prefer to think outside the box.

Anyway, here were the problems I was trying to address while designing this program. Keep in mind this is a PLing program.

1. Linear periodazation requires constant gains which is nearly impossible unless one starts his percentages so light he can actually finish the program.

2. Cookie cutter programs do not take into account age, proffesion and recovery etc...

3. I like to stay on the cutting edge of things and there is plenty of info out there on Russian programs as well as auto-regulation.

Ok, one more bit of background for those who have hung on this long. In the past two years since converting from bbing, I have tried all the popular training programs, 5-3-1, Westside, Cube, Sheiko etc... and have found significant flaws with each of them, but have taken the best of what the offered and made it my own (Eddie's advice). So, what you will find in the following post's is a combination of mostly Sheiko, Pavel and auto-regulation. It may appear complicated, but it's actually very simple. And most importantly is fits me and my recovery ability perfectly.

Friday 8/29/14 Bench Press focus

Bench Press with 3 second pause:2 reps, pyramid up with 5% jumps to an RPE of 8
185x5,225x2,245x2,265x2,285x2,305x2,315x2 I was beat up from Tuesdays bench day, but reached an 8 RPE so time to move on.

DB Curls (I put an antagonist movement between my primary movements to allow them to relax)
50sx5,60x5,50x5x5

Standing front press: 5 reps pyramiding up to an RPE of 9
95x5,115x5,135x5,155x5,175x5@9

Pendlay rows: 5 reps pyramiding up to an RPE of 9
135x5,185x5,205x5,225x5 (almost a 9), 225x5 hit a 9 RPE.

I know more explanation is due as I should have laid out the whole template, but figured you guys could only handle so much of my mindless banter. LOL

Hawk

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
My workout went really well today
Did my hams then decided to really blast the delts
I was actually in pain as I was leaving the gym
CRYIN LIKE A BITCH

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hawk! man! good to see you here.
#2 is very true and I am here to vouch that as true as the old man at the gym :) My body and recovery has changed over the years. Good stuff bro!

Phoe, VERY glad you are making that game brother. These are moments that only happen once. Seize them and enjoy!

Sandpig, wish i could have been there to see those tears. I would have said what's up with that? You know you love it!

Day off yesterday did me good. Hit the guns today. Damn good one. Came home and slugged a protein shake and took a nap. Wife says I was snoring in 5 seconds lol!

Last edited: