©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Yesterday went in for what I thought would be a quick chest/bis/abs day. Boy was I wrong. PLACE WAS MOBBED. No room, most equipment taken. I warmed up and went to get a drink - 20 seconds - came back to a guy unloading my bar. "WHOA! Hey, I'm working one more set then she's all yours. Let's put those back on there." (Slam plates back on bar - visibly annoyed.) What was to be 8-10 turned into 12 easy ones. Thank you for irritating me.
Had to improvise because my first choice of most was already taken, and to ice the cake, fast forward, gym was closing in about 8 minutes, I set my bag down near an ab machine I favor (there are about 2 dozen different ones), went for a drink - WHAM! Jump in my grave time again, some guy is repping kid weight on this thing. I was extremely annoyed at this bullshit.
Today is legs, somehow I'm not worried about having to wait for anything leg related. Killing it tonight, period.
Grim

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I would of stayed and did a few more sets just because he gave me an attitude. People like that piss me off. That and the fucks setting around just talking. Go to th3 mall and waste your time don't waste mine here.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Also the reason I now leave a towel on the equipment I've been using. That way they can't use the excuse "O I thought you were done".

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
a busy gym just plain sucks for guys like us. Sanpig has the right idea with the early am training. I wish my schedule would allow that

off day today and lower calories/carbs. I need the rest but man Ive been feeling good lately, probably strongest ever at this point which always makes it better

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yep nothing like training at 4:30 am when there's only about half a dozen people in the gym.
Pace starts to pick up around 5:30 except on weekends. Maybe not till after six.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Taking today off from the gym. Only slept 1-2 hours last night. Long ass hot day enjoy the evening be back on later

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yesterday was a day off for me. Spent a few hours at Jays.

For those that are fans of his, he's doing a live chat on BB.com today. Not sure what time.

Here's an ANASCI exclusive. You won't find this pic anywhere else. :cool:

Attachments

• Jay Office.jpg
    Jay Office.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 23

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sandpig, I used to train very early years ago. I would get up and be in the gym at 5:30 dead lifting. Loved it. Nobody there. Great way to start the day. Flip side was at 8:00 in the evening, I was ready to crash! Great pic too! Thanks for putting that up!

Phoe, ya gotta get some rest. Don't make a habit of that brother. I understand tho.

One more rest day for me. You guys put an extra plate on the bar for me.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Best part about being at the gym early is the morning cardio class is loaded with some hot ass wome in yoga pants

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yea I didn't sleep I have a 5 hour commute fr the house to work and I left at 8:30 like am idiot and then got to the hotel and couldn't fall asleep

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Yeah, I used to wake at 3:30am, eat and be under the iron at 5am sharp. Now I train in the evening, usually later and it's like you said Sandpig, quiet and empty and I can get my stuff done easily. I'll finish up and be doing some step work to cool down and drop some water at almost 11pm. This however was midday, Labor Day, figured place would be empty, but crowded with people. The guy I mentioned wasn't giving me an attitude, I gave HIM one. I slammed the plates back on the bar. I was really pissed off and although I left no towel on the bench, but my gym bag near it with my water should have at least made him ask someone 3 feet away if someone was on it. Legs got cancelled last night, better day for them today anyway going later tonight ready to kick it's ass - again.
Grim

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
My daughter is 3 lbs 5 oz healthy and couldn't get another pic of her because she's sitting Indian style upside down. The Dr said she's got a big head probably like her father :). I am beyond excited and almost in tears we're in the clear at 30 weeks 2 days:):):):):)

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yeah, I used to wake at 3:30am, eat and be under the iron at 5am sharp. Now I train in the evening, usually later and it's like you said Sandpig, quiet and empty and I can get my stuff done easily. I'll finish up and be doing some step work to cool down and drop some water at almost 11pm. This however was midday, Labor Day, figured place would be empty, but crowded with people. The guy I mentioned wasn't giving me an attitude, I gave HIM one. I slammed the plates back on the bar. I was really pissed off and although I left no towel on the bench, but my gym bag near it with my water should have at least made him ask someone 3 feet away if someone was on it. Legs got cancelled last night, better day for them today anyway going later tonight ready to kick it's ass - again.
Grim

Its amazing how much lack of common courtesy there is isnt it? I hate ppl like that, that dont have the decency to ask before they steal your shit. When i walk into my place, which is a smaller private gym so its a little different, i always ask whoever is already in the area "hey, whatcha workin today? I got blah blah blah to do, just dont want to be in your way so let me know". We can all work around each other ya know? Aint that damn difficult.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Woke up last night at 12:30 freezing. Put the blankets on me, woke up at 2:45 SOAKED. Must wash bedding today. I'm not on any compounds that would do that. I think something funky was happening with my system yesterday. When I woke, I left my soppy side of the bed quietly as to not disturb the wife, changed into DRY tshirt and underwear and headed to the couch. When I checked my texts before going, saw one from a friend about today's leg routine. I went downstairs and proceeded to dream about training legs for the next two hours. I start to worry about me sometimes. LOL
G.

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
congrats Phoe! kids are great.......when they are quite

Grim I noticed when I would have night sweats when not on any compounds, my blood sugar would be low and in the am it would be high from rebounding I nailed it down to taking GDA with my last meal. Since I stopped the gda on that last meal no more issues.

What kind of meal did you have as your last

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
congrats Phoe! kids are great.......when they are quite

Grim I noticed when I would have night sweats when not on any compounds, my blood sugar would be low and in the am it would be high from rebounding I nailed it down to taking GDA with my last meal. Since I stopped the gda on that last meal no more issues.

What kind of meal did you have as your last
Last thing I had was a carb drink (ABB) as I felt almost like I was going hypo while training the wife - not me. That was around 7pm.

COngrats Phoe, that's amazing stuff brother!

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
I bet it was due to that drink. your body was compensating from the high BS it got from it and went low when you were sleeping.