©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You need to reevaluate the way you spend money. I had to do it myself after I left the rotational job last year. Paid more per hour but had its negative sides as well. Had to pay to get there etc. I always could pick up extra weeks which was a plus.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Tonight was chest/bis/abs. Very simple blood and guts type workout, much different than the volume stuff I usually do which is cool. I can use much more weight, one all out set to crush and move on. However, form must be impeccable and one must hold those contractions for a squeeze. I was very surprised at how much stronger I was as the night went on. Great stuff.
Tomorrow's second B&G type session for legs. I know I can push even more iron than last week. On hacks last week, I quit at 16 when I was going for only 8-10 (with MANY more in the tank) and said "Show's over folks!" We chuckled and I knew this week will have much more iron on that sled! Oh yeah! This leaves me with one problem: Since we used the stack on one leg extension for twice the expected reps, we'll have to use another one. They have many of them at my place for sure, but finding just the right one is tough. Ah, the games begin!
G.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yesterday I forgot to talk about Suns. workout where I impressed myself.

Started with drop sets on seated calves followed by straight sets of standing

For quads I started on the LP wit 4pps and did 20 reps
Kept doing 20 reps every set as I added a plate each side till I got to 8 and only got 15
Then did some extensions.

Now here's where I was happy. Went to the leverage squat worked up to the weight I was using in Phil's routine and di the same # of reps as I was doing.
Difference? it was my last exercise instead of the first!
Then I decided to throw another 40 lbs on and got more reps than expected.

Yesterday was arms and worked more for pump than strength. Hell I even could feel the contraction during standing DB curls which I rarely do cause the delts always get involved no matter how strict I do them.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Yesterday I forgot to talk about Suns. workout where I impressed myself.

Started with drop sets on seated calves followed by straight sets of standing

For quads I started on the LP wit 4pps and did 20 reps
Kept doing 20 reps every set as I added a plate each side till I got to 8 and only got 15
Then did some extensions.

Now here's where I was happy. Went to the leverage squat worked up to the weight I was using in Phil's routine and di the same # of reps as I was doing.
Difference? it was my last exercise instead of the first!
Then I decided to throw another 40 lbs on and got more reps than expected.

Yesterday was arms and worked more for pump than strength. Hell I even could feel the contraction during standing DB curls which I rarely do cause the delts always get involved no matter how strict I do them.

Awesome man, sounds like you're killing it nicely! Great work brother.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a good back workout today. Went up to 405 on deads for a set of 6 and then dropped it back to 315 for 12 reps on the last set. Followed that with t-bars last set being a drop set then on to Hammer rows for 3 sets each side, 2nd set using forced reps and last set used negatives on the last 3 reps. Then on to close-grip pull downs 5 sets.

Walked out feeling like I hit it good. I feel like I am making good headway since chemo ended in May and that puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Had a good back workout today. Went up to 405 on deads for a set of 6 and then dropped it back to 315 for 12 reps on the last set. Followed that with t-bars last set being a drop set then on to Hammer rows for 3 sets each side, 2nd set using forced reps and last set used negatives on the last 3 reps. Then on to close-grip pull downs 5 sets.

Walked out feeling like I hit it good. I feel like I am making good headway since chemo ended in May and that puts a smile on my face.
And it puts a smile on ours too. :D

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Legs were tonight. Second week with lower volume B&G training. Demolished last week's weights. Now we're cooking...I finished hacks and was already looking forward to next week when I throw some more weight on there.
I just don't want to get stupid and increase too fast. But when I'm adding 30% to a lift in a week - that temptation to be a dumb ass is there! :D

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Sholders and chest. Not messing with the app today. Didn't even feel like getting out of bed today but you can conquer anything laying on your back sleeping

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Im still working on my sholders decided to try to over do them. Started out seated overhead press. Stuper set it twice a few other things shrugs heavy weight nlow reps. Some laterals superset then did something I can't remember doing at all snatch and clean press. I superset down till im struggling with just ab10 lb plate on each side and thats when this women who works here with a almost perfect ass walks back. My face is red arms shaking trying to press this. Wtf

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently my post didn't post earlier. Anyways decided to take yesterday off. Its very surprising how changing up between what I'd consider moderate volume to extremely high volume made my muscles so sore. Had to listen to the body and give it another day. Hell today my bi's are still a little sore even gotta love it

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Chest and gastrocs today
Nothing crazy just building the volume back up
Think I did 11 sets for chest and 7 for gastrocs

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Did guns today. Since I hit them hard last Saturday, I stayed lighter and used hi reps for shits and grins. Shakin' up the barrel. Can I call it the "confusion principle"? lol

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good morning ya bunch of meatheads! What time we meeting at the gym today to pound the shoulders and traps? Ya better eat your Cheerios for breakfast, because we are headed for some drop sets to failure at the gates of hell. 1:30 good?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Good morning ya bunch of meatheads! What time we meeting at the gym today to pound the shoulders and traps? Ya better eat your Cheerios for breakfast, because we are headed for some drop sets to failure at the gates of hell. 1:30 good?

Good morning!
Fueled up on two cups of egg whites, cream of rice and ezekiel toast with jelly. Oh and some coffee, don't be ridiculous... ;)

I'm in sync with the brick! Tonight is shoulders, traps and some triceps as well as abs. I'm looking forward to some heavy and hard metal in the earbuds under the iron tonight. I can hear the 45s calling me....Grim....Grim.... LOL

Have a great day you maniacs!

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Just took my 1295 w/o dac mixed my pure power. Grabbing a protein bar and heading ti the gtm T minus 5 minutes. Gonna start with legs and the. Do arms or back. We will see how I feel. I'm changing it up some. I am gonna start doinf one week heavy and the next higher reps.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Just took my 1295 w/o dac mixed my pure power. Grabbing a protein bar and heading ti the gtm T minus 5 minutes. Gonna start with legs and the. Do arms or back. We will see how I feel. I'm changing it up some. I am gonna start doinf one week heavy and the next higher reps.
Question, you guys do peps subQ or IM? I do them IM and there is as marked difference from subQ. I'll do CJC w/o DAC and GHRP 2 before breakfast into a tricep or deltoid and I almost get nauseated from hunger shortly afterwards.