©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I hear ya Atom. Nothing wrong with that!

I have been kinda doing the same by ramping up my good calories along with the good training I have been able to get done lately. I weighed yesterday and and I am up a solid 20+ pounds since my surgery back in January. I'm a little flabby around the middle, but all I am doing is a good dose of HRT. I'm just so damn happy to be feeling good and the training is going great these days, so I don't care if I have a few pounds of fat. I'm scared of GH and I don't think that's for me in my situation anymore. After the shitty start to the year, I am here to tell ALL my iron brothers…
There is a life after cancer and surgery and chemo and you CAN feel good again! AND you can tell cancer to FUCK OFF, I have a life to live today!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed back yesterday gonna hit some Tris and some light lat raises and shrugs after Tris. Gonna stay away from shoulder pressing movements for the near future

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Didn't end up working out been sick for the past week but went and watched let's be cops not as good as all the hype. Don't take your kids to it for goodness sake

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Sorry to hear that Phoe. Just what you need right? Working ball buster days at work now sick on top of it. Shit. Well get as much rest as possible bro, speeds up the healing process.

Should get a chance to hit arms and traps tonight. Sitting on the couch waiting for the rain to stop and sure dont look like im gonna get to work today. Hope everybody has a good one. Later brothers!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Brick, you are da man. What can I say?! :D SO awesome to read those posts from you, inspiring stuff man, for sure.
Phoe feel better bro, I know you're dealing with some extreme conditions to say the least, and you're still pushing the iron every chance you get, sometimes our bodies push back. Hang in there. Hope you're mended up ASAP. Oh, yeah,
no overhead pressing. Get that shoulder in order man.
Today is a rest day. Last night did legs Dorian Yates style - awesome.
Not so awesome - the night of leg cramps (VMO specifically) I suffered as a result. Took enough taurine, potassium and magnesium, but I still was banged up from fatigue. Oh well, I'm already sore as hell and ready to smash back again on Thursday. KILL IT guys!
Grim

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Fixing my coffee and then I will biker-trash it to the gym for some shoulders and traps. Gonna be a hot ride. Heat index of 103º

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Well, my workout got screwed. One email at work changed everything in 1 minute. I hate it when I am all pumped about a workout and about to walk out the door and then that happens. The gym better watch out tomorrow 'cause my pissed off factor has already hit me.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, that is a bitch man.. We worked out later last night because my girl wanted to get some stuff organized in her classroom. We thought the gym would have cleared out by the time we got there, no, we were wrong lol

Last night was all muscle rounds (1 muscle round is 6 sets of 4-6 with 10sec rest)
Legs were all 3 muscle rounds and upper body was 2

Hack Squats
High and Wide leg press
Leg extension
Leg Press calf raises
Freemotion Cable chest press
Freemotion Wide lat pulldowns
Machine laterals
Low cable rows
BB Curls
Triceps rope extension

DONE

Made some rice pasta and turkey meatballs with tomato basil sauce. Was delicious!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit back today. Went for reps today on the rack deads vs. max weight. It was a good one. I know it was good because I started feeling about half sick towards the end. Didn't loose my cookies and finished the session strong. Cooled down and I was fine. Gotta love it.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
No Internet for me yesterday
Slowly getting back into volume training today was back traps and rear delts
On a side note, I started cycling my carbs. Was getting to watery;)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Got shoulders and traps down for today.

Curious... I think I have mentioned before that I really like training back. I'm looking for some ideas to expand my back workouts and if you guys have any favorite motions or routines, I'm all ears.

Yesterday I did:
rack deads
1 -arm dumbbell rows
t-bars
1-arm cable rows ( seems like I can get a better contraction in my back than with 2 arms)
close grip pull downs

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Got shoulders and traps down for today.

Curious... I think I have mentioned before that I really like training back. I'm looking for some ideas to expand my back workouts and if you guys have any favorite motions or routines, I'm all ears.

Yesterday I did:
rack deads
1 -arm dumbbell rows
t-bars
1-arm cable rows ( seems like I can get a better contraction in my back than with 2 arms)
close grip pull downs
Get the app JEFIT for your phone. It has all kids of ideals

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed legs to the point where I could barely even do leg curls with 70lbs yesterday and today off I got the weekend off to come home and spend some much needed time with the family. Enjoy y'alls weekend brothers

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit shoulders and traps yesterday. Made em burn with lots of drop sets, even on my shrugs. Got arms down today.

Phoe, you deserve it brother. Enjoy, you have been working hard!