©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Off day, was going to be legs, oh well.
Major cheat/digestive abuse day.
Began at 5:00 am with 1/2 quart of ice cream with hot fudge and 8-10 oreos smashed into it.
Breakfast later was 4 eggs/4 whites with toast w/PB and Jelly and two bowls of sugared cereal.
Lunch was Indian cuisine with family-nice rich lamb and rice with appys of salmon and lamb then honey ball dessert.
Next up was triple patty burger w/ mayo, bacon, grilled onions and tomatoes from Five Guys w/ large 14oz fry and vanilla shake. Ate some peanuts while I waited for my food.
Came home to almost 1/2 quart of double dunker ice cream w/ you guessed it, 6 oreos and smucker's hot fudge.
Still debating on whether I'm going to Pizza Hut tonight for a small pie.
:D

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Lol, damn Grim you put some serious food away today huh? Cant fault ya brother, sounds like something id do :D

Hit the guns and traps today. Did less volume and higher weight in the 5-8 rep range. Think im gonna keep it like this for another week or two than evaluate. Ive tried it before and wasnt too big on it, but its good to switch things up, and i feel like ive fallen into a stalemate here lately. Time will tell. Monday tomorrow, shit. Well hope you all have a decent day to start the workweek. Later brothers

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Lol, damn Grim you put some serious food away today huh? Cant fault ya brother, sounds like something id do :D

Hit the guns and traps today. Did less volume and higher weight in the 5-8 rep range. Think im gonna keep it like this for another week or two than evaluate. Ive tried it before and wasnt too big on it, but its good to switch things up, and i feel like ive fallen into a stalemate here lately. Time will tell. Monday tomorrow, shit. Well hope you all have a decent day to start the workweek. Later brothers

Yessir! I went to Pizza Hut, grabbed a medium pie ate all but one slice and about a quart and a half of Sierra Mist soda. :D Ice cream before bed now...

Yep, Matt, sometimes you need to switch things up, even just order of exercises, rep cadence, rest periods, or throw everything out the window. I like the higher weight and switching rep ranges to change things up. "Wakes" the nervous system and those high threshold fibers up. Let us know how you get on with soreness, etc. Happy Monday people, crush that shit!
It's All You Bro! ;)
Grim

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Really thought I'd have a shitty WO yesterday due to staying up late for USA's.

Went well. Hit all exercises.

HS Inc 300x8
Dec 245x11
Dip 75x15

Parallel Chin 60x6
2 arm DB Row 90x11
Dec Pullover 95x17

Smith PBN 175x6
Wide Uprights 115x13
Reverse mac. Fly 175x17

Smith Rev. Bench 250x8
HS Tri Ext 80x13
Rope Scott Exts 130x18

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
just doing some cardio and light weights today,,getting over a shoulder injury

Hate to hear that Zepp. Be patient and stay busy and train what you can. Injuries are part of the game and you will be back 100% soon smarter than ever.

Matt! I think you are doing a great thing by stirring the pot. Give your body a surprise to shock the status quo!

Grim! Damn. That had to be good!

Planning on a chest workout today. After a day off, I am psyched.

Happy Monday brothers!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Came down with one of the worst cases of the flu i can remember in the past 10-15 years. Woke up yesterday feeling a little off but not bad, then 4 hours later it was coming out of both ends, and so weak i could barely stand up. Finally ate for the first time in 36 hours today. I hate it when this shit happens, looking in the mirror is just terrible! So, off until this weekend im afraid, need to recover fully before i get back in the swing of things. Hope everybody's week is goin good. Talk to yall in a few days

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Damn Matt! I hate to hear that brother! Take care of yourself. The flu is serious shit. Get lots of rest and eat what you can. Don't worry about the gym or the mirror. The weights will be there and MUSCLE MEMORY brother! You will bounce back in no time.

Hit the wheels today. I was huffing and puffing and sweating. Must have been working!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Since this is a training thread I got a question for you guys. You all know what kind of build I have so that should help.

I'm thinking about getting in another contest that is all about the legs. Size increase while still looking good.

What type of specialization would you guys do?

High volume legs 2 or 3 times per week and one light upper body day? :confused:

It's a 90 day contest so any ideas will be helpful.

I asked Jay for his input but being the ball buster he is, he just said, "those toothpicks?"

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Good to see all you guys still tearing that iron up! Back and shoulders for me changed things up and training at night now. I sleep like a baby :)

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Since this is a training thread I got a question for you guys. You all know what kind of build I have so that should help.

I'm thinking about getting in another contest that is all about the legs. Size increase while still looking good.

What type of specialization would you guys do?

High volume legs 2 or 3 times per week and one light upper body day? :confused:

It's a 90 day contest so any ideas will be helpful.

I asked Jay for his input but being the ball buster he is, he just said, "those toothpicks?"

Legs every 4-5 days. Drop sets, super sets, mix it up heavy and light days depending on how fast you recover.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Legs every 4-5 days. Drop sets, super sets, mix it up heavy and light days depending on how fast you recover.

I agree. Go for that deep burn and let them recover. Been my experience that legs are tougher to maintain as you get a tad older.

Had a very good shoulder workout. Pre-fatiqued my delts with 5 sets lateral flyes and then hit some overhead presses. Then I was on to rear delts with x-pulls and then to heavy barbell shrugs super setted with front delt raises. I was very well caffeinated today :D

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
My legs grow freakishly fast sandpig. I would do a 4-5 day workout. One week go heavy as fuck next do light weight high reps got keep em guessing. I always would be doing drop sets. Have u ever ran deca around a gram?

I saw someone who's do hundreds on leg press. Start with 90lbs per side do 10 reps add another plate do to 10 more and so on til you reach a 100 reps without stopping other than to add more weight. I've tried and its fuckin killer.

Squats ass to grass

I'll add more later I'm back on the road

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
4-5 split
Monday chest/calves
Tuesday shoulders/back/traps
Wednesday bi's/tri's/forearms
Thursday legs
Friday off cardio
Saturday repeat
Ofcourse you can adjust the body parts worked. Up your doses a little and eat eat eat. I'll add more tomorrow when we're down at work. Gonna be going off 3 hours so might be a little tired