©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Did back last night. Without going into detail, I went into this workout angry as f*ck over some business matters - I mean steaming. I didn't even tell my buddy about it who I work out with. Had my usual pleasant demeanor, very little to say in general and when it was time for a set, I put my mind square upon what pissed me off. Let's just say I was quite a bit stronger last night than I usually am. 200mgs of test base wouldn't have done that shit. I brutalized the weights and that is that. Right before my last high rep set of seated rows I believe I muttered something like 'This stack doesn't have a f*cking chance. Not one f*cking chance.'

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the guns today. Went better than i thought. Been pretty stressed past couple days. Planning on back tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning. Grim gonna be getting remanmed warchild...
Cool stuff... I know i've been absent lately here but i've been steady in he gym.
The 19 yr old training partner is still into it like the old days. very cool.
funny cuz i can see him growing in just a few short weeks. Misc today.
Waiting on my buddy IB to get settled. hey Mick hey phoe.. G R holler if you get a chance this weekend. Ok time to train... T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Long time no here from you T good to see you. Just was talking to ib wondering where the hell you been?

Anyways first day back in the gym in almost 2 weeks been working 14+ hours a day trying to money up for my daughter when she gets here in the fall.
Chest/bi's/calves yesterday felt good.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Been thinking about you T! Good to see you around. Glad things are OK. I was getting a tad worried.

Phoe, man, I am tickled for you. Those weights will be there. When is the due date again?

Anybody talked to IB? Hope his world is good.

I am really pumped for the back workout today. I took the day off yesterday, decided I needed it after 4 days in a row. Got the iced coffee brewing so I'll be a jittery old sack of gym rat shit. :headbang: Weighed in at 202 the other day. Up from my low of 185 post surgery and chemo. Kinda pudgy tho, but I don't care too much. I am feeling good and I need this today.

You guys have a great weekend!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Well after losing 6 lbs and having the life sucked outta me from one hellacious case of the flu, finally gonna hit the gym here in a bit tonight. Been almost a full week off, so gonna go easy and do a full upperbody workout tonight. Chest back bis tris delts traps, all at 6 sets each. Bein sick did a number on me, cant wait to get back in the groove

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Hey guys, been really busy with work. Even have to work today. Sucks but gotta make the money when I can. I work by the piece so there are no gaurantees here.

Anyway training has been going great. My strength on Phil's routine just keeps getting crazier. Yesterday I inclined 235 x6. In the past 35 years of training, I've never done more than 205.

And it's not just the strength. The muscles are coming too. Had a guy yesterday tell me I looked like RoboCop.

Bi's, Calves, Quads and Hams coming up in about an hour.

BTW, I've been doing so good with this routine, I've decided not to fuck with it. Therefore I did not enter that leg competition.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Mrs. and I hit the Farmer's market for some home-grown stuff then came home to lunch then we were off to the gym. I hit chest. Had a good one. Pace was bang, bang, bang and had some good lifts too. Been going on how I am feeling when I train vs. the calendar. Usually would not be up for chest until Monday but I was ready now. Tomorrow will be legs.

Glad to see you guys are feeling good and staying busy.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Geeze. I have been overworkd stressdd and no gym and its killen me. Anyhow, could be worse for sure so im thankful for that. Good to hear the news brick.thats awesome. Im havn troubles but will chek in. You all arent forgotten ..keep it up. !

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit back yesterday today shoulders. Started out rough my left shoulder was killing me but worked though it and lifted 3 plates per side for 6 reps on the hammer strength shoulder machine heavier than usual. But shoulder warmed up and settled down.

Brick she's due in late fall

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Brick, you sound like Jay now.

Me: Jay I want to train with you. What are training today?
Jay: I don't know yet. :sFun_duh2:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Legs and Bi's yesterday.

Another productive workout. Weights still going up.

Ran into Z28 yesterday and he told me to be careful and slow down with this strength gain. Can't afford to get hurt and miss time from work.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
^ I can identify with Jay 'not knowing' what he's training that day. I've made much more progress ignoring days of the week or between a body part and going by when I'm ready mentally which is usually, for me, the best indicator of how ready I am physically. LOL
So, let's say tonight's an 'upper body' night in that it could be chest but may turn out to be delts and traps. Crap shoot time! :D
Have a great Monday everyone, glad to hear everyone's killing it nicely.

And Sand, Z28 is right, those tendons can't keep up with those muscles like we'd wish, be smart, safe and injury free brother!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Brick, you sound like Jay now.

Me: Jay I want to train with you. What are training today?
Jay: I don't know yet. :sFun_duh2:

LOL! I thought that was called the Weider "Confusion Principle"? :p

Grim, that was kinda my line of thought. I usually train chest on Mondays with my partner, but he's off on a fishing trip so I was thinking, I'm ready now, why wait another day? Already been doing the same with back with some good success on that.

Last edited:

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Good god, squats.....havent done those in a long time. I have to admit I'm blessed with fairly good-looking legs. At least me wife says so. Its my upper body that just is taking forever.

Anyway, I threw a 45 lb barbell across my shoulders and started my sets. Got through three sets at 10-12 reps each and Holy Crap.....my poor quads....I guess my legs gave me my answer!

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Legs and Bi's yesterday.

Another productive workout. Weights still going up.

Ran into Z28 yesterday and he told me to be careful and slow down with this strength gain. Can't afford to get hurt and miss time from work.

Us old dudes need to be careful. I have found myself getting injured a lot more than I used to after I hit 40.