©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
So you've effectively cut 5% bodyfat! Not sure of your weight, but that is probably close to something like a 10-12lb shift in lean mass? Not too shabby brotha!

Yes, it comes out to 10lbs of muscle/water.

I'm sure some will find that hard to believe especially for a 49 year old.

Trust me, I'm shocked myself.

I will have a couple pics taken tmrw and post them somewhere. Maybe in the thread that has my contest pics.

I'm anxious to see what the difference is.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, enjoy that family time and safe travels bro!

Matt, ENJOY that workout and make it count! You are chomping at the bit by now. I sure would be!

Sandpig, Sounds like something is going kick-ass right! Awesome job brother!

I don't know what was wrong with me today but I TORE THRU MY SHOULDER/TRAP WORKOUT like a gorilla on crack LOL. I was focused and all over it. I was super setting and rev'd up. I was even super setting my barbell shrugs with front delt raises at the end. I couldn't get enough. Love this shit!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Phoe, enjoy that family time and safe travels bro!

Matt, ENJOY that workout and make it count! You are chomping at the bit by now. I sure would be!

Sandpig, Sounds like something is going kick-ass right! Awesome job brother!

I don't know what was wrong with me today but I TORE THRU MY SHOULDER/TRAP WORKOUT like a gorilla on crack LOL. I was focused and all over it. I was super setting and rev'd up. I was even super setting my barbell shrugs with front delt raises at the end. I couldn't get enough. Love this shit!
It's late, I'm dead tired from tonight's mayhem and so, I'm lazy and will quote Brick to address our distinguished panel LOL...

Phoe, I second that, family is so precious and something that really makes you understand how fleeting time is as you watch children grow, relationships evolve and even the person in the mirror morph into someone better than yesterday. Live every moment brother.

Matt - you are a hungry guy, I can tell by your posts that you have a real hunger for the challenge and yet you seem with all your accomplishments to have a humility others should have which will keep you eager to keep learning, growing and sharing that with others - a true teacher and mentor and overall cool guy.

Sandpig, you are very much the student and have put every thing you've heard and learned into practice. Nothing frustrates me more than someone who gets sound advice and when it's not what they want to hear asks again for another answer. YOU walk the walk. You've come a long way, are still reaching for a higher level where many would have been satisfied at where you are now, not you, you're in this one for life now buddy, I can read that in every syllable you write. Keep going, you know there are really no limits, only the ones we set in our minds which you have learned don't belong up there, only positive thoughts which turn into positive actions which help you realize your potential which hopefully, we never reach the true end of discovering. Amazing stuff man, lots to be proud of.

Brick, what can I say. You are a gorilla on crack@ ;) I love to hear your stories about these triumphs which you write so passionately about and it almost feels like we're there sharing it with you, it's pretty amazing and although I can't speak for everyone here, I think overall, we're really proud of you and amazed at your sheer will and even more so, your true joy and renewed sense of purpose which your adversities have helped you to hold very closely never to take for granted. Keep pushing my brother.

I meant every word I wrote and there are so many folks here that I think are amazing and I have found so much inspiration in. This is what AnaSCI is about and why this is home.

Have a great night guys.
G.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Thanks Grim. I've been chasing the "look" for 35+ years.

Some may say my recent accomplishments are "all drugs".

Not true. I used them back in the 80's too.

Difference now is not only and I more knowledgeable about them but nutrition and sleep are on point.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Got a great 3hr leg session in today. The vascularity of my 3rd leg is insane!

Hope ya'll get a kick out of it.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
yesterday

HS Incline 295x7
Decline 240x11
Dip 70x17

Parallel Chin 50x8
DB row 80x13 Both same time
Decline pullover 95x15

Smith PBN 175x6
Wide Uprights 115x11
Reverse machine fly 175x15

Smith Rev. Bench 230x8
Dec. Extentions 110x13
Rope Overhead Ext.13x15

Another great workout. Weights and or reps keep going up. Oddly I even get pumped from this stuff.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit bi's and tri's yesterday and it was a good one. Had a good training partner. I have known this guy for years and he's a good one to train with. Really pushes me and I dish it right back to him. He gives very good spots so you don't mind pushing the envelope. He's in the middle of a bad divorce so I'm glad to see him training thru this rough spot. He really needs it.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Hit bi's and tri's yesterday and it was a good one. Had a good training partner. I have known this guy for years and he's a good one to train with. Really pushes me and I dish it right back to him. He gives very good spots so you don't mind pushing the envelope. He's in the middle of a bad divorce so I'm glad to see him training thru this rough spot. He really needs it.

A good training partner is hard to come by. Sounds like you guys mesh well together.

Sunday - unplanned rest day for me.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit my double today...bis, tris traps..then later worked the wheels. Also hit the old tanning bed, amazing how much bigger and better you look with some extra color. Plus i just like to look pretty.lol :D

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
On a wild hair, I decided to train back on Sunday. I went in WELL caffeinated :D Went great. Rack deads, t-bars, barbell rows, one-armed dumbbell rows and close grip pull-downs. Left the gym soaking wet and feeling great.

Planning on chest today. Its all good and I'm lovin' life! You guys have a great Monday and let's do this!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Had a great weekend... went up to my girl's parent's house to meet some family from all around the country that was coming in... We trained hard on saturday morning then in the afternoon went to two wineries and ended up spending about 4 hours at one of them. The wine was good lol Then we went out for some japanese at night. I got rolls that did not have any rice. I ask the sushi chefs to prepare my rolls with cucumber wrapper when I don't want carbs. I dig it...

We are both loving fortitude training. It honestly beats you up... Great workouts. Every workout keeps your heart rate up and essentially serves as cardio

Back to the grind today...

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Chest/ bi's/ calves later today just got to where I'm working this week. Worked for about an hour earlier minimum 8 hrs for today. Gonna get my hotel room and then hit the gym. Had to get up at 2:45 this morning to drive to this job location. Everyone always hates Monday's but I look at it like another day to get $$$$$.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, that sounds awesome! Good to see you enjoying life as it should be!
Chaotic, good to see you here brother!
Phoe, Good things are happening for you and I love it!

Just back in from a chest workout. Ramped up the weight some today. Makes me feel like I'm making progress. Workout partner made me push my limits and then some. Chest feels fried! Hell yeah!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Get that dough phoe (I made a rhyme lol)

Brick, life has been good to me lately. I'm glad to see that it's treating you well too!

Well today was heavy lower body loading and upper body pump... I puked. I puked big time! Such a badass workout

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit chest/bi's no calves worked out in a smaller gym and started getting crowded and I was tired if bumping into people. Decent workout wasn't really feeling it though. Hopefully tomorrow's a better more motivated workout