©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Last night was back so we killed some iron for my buddy Walt...

(Increase weight each set)

Rev Grip Pulldowns 4x10
One Arm DB Rows 4x10
T-Bar Rows 4x8-10
BB Rows 3x10
Seated Cable Rows (v handle - parallel grip) 3x10-12
Hyperextensions (w/ added weight) 3x10-12

This was exhausting work as I pushed harder and harder each set but my body kept up. Driving home was a bit difficult due to mental focus and fatigue. Egg Whites and Gatorade with barely enough strength to shower, then crawled into bed, set alarm for an hour to eat last meal. This is most definitely getting the job done.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Sorry for your loss grim...

Yesterday was heavy loading for upper body and pump sets for legs.

I nearly puked after the leg pump sets... I got home and couldn't stomach real food. I just sipped on a shake with karboload lol My chest and delts are sore but my legs are really toasted

I am supposed to be off today but due to schedule constraints I need to train today.

So today will be muscle rounds..... FOR EVERY BODYPART! This is gonna be painful

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
No training for me today. Gotta work. Why can't people just send me a check? They always except me to work for it. What's up with that??

And I was all pumped to hit shoulders and traps today. Tomorrow!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
You ever feel like you go hit by a train after a workout... Yeah... Kind if feels like that.

I ran the gauntlet with muscle rounds and I feel like my whole body was best with a club.

I made sure I refueled appropriately. 7 oz of top round, 300grams of egg whites, 5 pieces of bread (made French toast), 1.5 scoops of whey isolate, 3.5 cups if chex and 1 tortilla wrap coated with Greek yogurt, sea salt, stevia and cinnamon... Not a bad post workout meal

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I made sure I refueled appropriately. 7 oz of top round, 300grams of egg whites, 5 pieces of bread (made French toast), 1.5 scoops of whey isolate, 3.5 cups if chex and 1 tortilla wrap coated with Greek yogurt, sea salt, stevia and cinnamon... Not a bad post workout meal

Not bad? That's awesome. Too bad we can't eat like that 24/7 without getting fat.

PWO is a wonderful time.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
So I managed to go up in weight or reps in every exercise yesterday even though I was feeling a little down.

Feel like I'm getting fat and it was in my head. I think I'm just starting to hold a little more water since I added Dbol Monday.

So I checked my body fat yesterday for the first time in a month.

I'm at 8.6 more or less. Was down to approx. 7.1 for the M4B contest.

According to my calculations, I've gained 4 lbs of fat and 14 lbs of water and muscle.
That made me feel a little better. Especially since I'm now at my contest starting weight and BF was 13.7 at that time.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Great read. I especially like #3.

Being an older guy who has been training since the seventies, I'm always talking about this one or a variation of it.

Just saw this video. Fits right into what I try to tell people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNoeuRVpIo

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
So I managed to go up in weight or reps in every exercise yesterday even though I was feeling a little down.

Feel like I'm getting fat and it was in my head. I think I'm just starting to hold a little more water since I added Dbol Monday.

So I checked my body fat yesterday for the first time in a month.

I'm at 8.6 more or less. Was down to approx. 7.1 for the M4B contest.

According to my calculations, I've gained 4 lbs of fat and 14 lbs of water and muscle.
That made me feel a little better. Especially since I'm now at my contest starting weight and BF was 13.7 at that time.

So you've effectively cut 5% bodyfat! Not sure of your weight, but that is probably close to something like a 10-12lb shift in lean mass? Not too shabby brotha!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey GR remeber what we talked about regarding our last day here on earth?
You too Brick we just talked on this. sounds like he was "living life' right til the end. Thats good stuff let me pqss on a day that I spend with my grand baby
or a great freinds. let me go while ball deep and smiling . let me go after some great training time. Lets live this thing the best ways we knoiw...
Heading out for back session with my new training pard. 19 and full of energy.
Should be fun . warren call me when you get a chance.. T

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
OK, pushed myself harder today on pecs.

I usually stick to my working set at 135lbs on medium grip flat barbell press for 5 sets at 10 reps.

today:

upped it to 155lbs, result:

1st set: 10 reps (@failure)
2nd set: 6 reps (@failure)
3rd set: 6 reps (@failure)
4th set: 4 reps (@failure)

My goal is 180lbs 10 rep working set and 200lbs 4 rep failure set by the end of this current cycle.

*remember, when I started working out earlier last year, I started out at 90lb reps. That's all I could do!!!, so yes, I am happy.

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey GR remeber what we talked about regarding our last day here on earth?
You too Brick we just talked on this. sounds like he was "living life' right til the end. Thats good stuff let me pqss on a day that I spend with my grand baby
or a great freinds. let me go while ball deep and smiling . let me go after some great training time. Lets live this thing the best ways we knoiw...
Heading out for back session with my new training pard. 19 and full of energy.
Should be fun . warren call me when you get a chance.. T

So true T!! Like you told me about your uncle was it? He had already passed, but there was smile on his face. I like that! Life is about living!

Looking better for shoulders today. I'm feeling good to. Eating well and sleeping

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
No training today traveling across country again. Can't wait to get home not much work here but got paid as if it was a 60hr work week. Got to hangout with Mag for a while and got to see beautiful country and lots of tourist places. So it wasn't that bad of a paid vacation:D

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest, back and delts here in a few hours. Really looking forward to it, been 4 days since i hit the gym because of long ass work days. Gonna be in the zone for sure tonight, oh yeah :headbang: