©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Sigh. 3 rest days in a row. Not intentional. Sometimes life just does this. Had to keep certain priorities. Was wife's 30th birthday so had lots of plans for a long weekend.

But back to it early morning tomorrow. Can't wait.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Back day today! Boy it felt good today to get the blood pumping!
Started with lat pulls 5 x 12 super set dumbbell curls

Close grip pull downs holding each rep during the contraction 5 x 12 super set preacher curls holding at the top of the contraction for 2 sec

upright rows 4x12 super set cable curls

seated rows 4 x 12 super set Hammer curls

30 minutes cardio and off to work!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning . Back for me today.Here is what it will consist of
Warm up and stretch . 1st movement will be old school bb rows off a platform for a long stretch. I'll do feeler sets up to about 275 or 315.
I will then do 3-4 working sets.I'm still rebuilding strength and endurance so
not too much volume or weight yet . I do these very strictly with a very long rom.
I will then go to wide pulldowns feeler sets til stack then 3-4 working sets .
Again very strict but not mechanical. 3rd movement will be plate loaded
hammer machine 1 arm rows. I'll feel up to plates being at end of holders so 5-6 plates on each stalk . Then working sets . Strict long rom with good contraction again.
4th movement will be a 3-4 sets of cable narrow pulldowns . start with stack and decrease wt if reps fall too far. That will be it for lats as i'm still easing in.
Now on to traps . Not going to detail traps yet as that is something i'm proceeding very cautiuosly with. Don't want to pull the stainless out inadvertantly.Love back work so exersise will be added and volume increased
as I regain strength and endurance.Will be starting to pull very soon again.
Gonna heed Eddies advice and DL at end of back work to keep poundages low and work on regaining a DL groove. So I'm gonna go get mine .Get up get hyped and go get yours. Have great day... T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
LC, nice work man, but you got one more in the tank...set isn't done until your eyes are bloodshot!

Jim, those supersets must give you an awesome pump! Do you ever consider doing antagonist supersets to change things up? If you have how has it worked?

Turbo, dang, you are one strong dude... never realized that. 6 plates per side on the 1 arm rows? yeah, that is legit!

As far as this little shit's training... Chest and shoulders!!!

incline Db bench 5 sets of 8 but I failed on the last set and got 7

incline hex press w/fly finisher 4 sets 10 reps on the hex press and max reps on the fly

Nautilus machine incline bench 4 sets of 10 with peak contraction and partials after every set.

Db scoop fly 4 sets of 12 finishing each set with peak contraction partials and eccentric stretch partials

Seated Db military press 5 sets of 12

Superset of Seated reverse machine military press (like behind the neck press on a machine) 5 sets of 12 with machine side laterals 5 sets of 15

Superset of DB side laterals with rear delt raises 4 sets of 12 each

Shoulders were looking nice and full and had a good deep burn. I'm loving it!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
LC, nice work man, but you got one more in the tank...set isn't done until your eyes are bloodshot!

Jim, those supersets must give you an awesome pump! Do you ever consider doing antagonist supersets to change things up? If you have how has it worked?

Turbo, dang, you are one strong dude... never realized that. 6 plates per side on the 1 arm rows? yeah, that is legit!

As far as this little shit's training... Chest and shoulders!!!

incline Db bench 5 sets of 8 but I failed on the last set and got 7

incline hex press w/fly finisher 4 sets 10 reps on the hex press and max reps on the fly

Nautilus machine incline bench 4 sets of 10 with peak contraction and partials after every set.

Db scoop fly 4 sets of 12 finishing each set with peak contraction partials and eccentric stretch partials

Seated Db military press 5 sets of 12

Superset of Seated reverse machine military press (like behind the neck press on a machine) 5 sets of 12 with machine side laterals 5 sets of 15

Superset of DB side laterals with rear delt raises 4 sets of 12 each

Shoulders were looking nice and full and had a good deep burn. I'm loving it!

Funny you bring that up. I am thinking here in a few weeks as soon as my gains slow to do that! I guess great minds think alike right?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Funny you bring that up. I am thinking here in a few weeks as soon as my gains slow to do that! I guess great minds think alike right?

HAHAHA! Actually, great minds often think independently but often come to the same conclusion lol

But yeah, I think that the compound supersets you are doing now are going to set you up for some nice growth when you go to antagonist supersets.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest day today
Started with bench 5x12 taking the neg as slow as I could on last 2 reps. Superset skull crushers

Free weight fly's heavy 5x12 superset dips.

Free motion fitness incline and decline flys right into presses 5x12 each working set. Superset tri push downs.

39 minutes cardio and done.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Jim, 39 minutes of cardio? really, 39? Fuck, what is cardio?

Solid back session today...just felt real swole and had a sick burn going on
1-Arm t-Bar rows 4 sets of 8

Rack deads 1 high rep set to failure then 3 heavy sets of 6 - ended up rupturing the blood vessels in my eyes. I look sexy

Superset of stretchers 4x12 with back hypers 4x20

Superset of front lat pulldowns 4 x 8 with straight arm pulldowns 4x12

Machine rows first set was done DC rest pause style. second set was 10 reps with partials. third set was 8 reps with partials and last set was a rest-puase drop set

My back better grow

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Jim, 39 minutes of cardio? really, 39? Fuck, what is cardio?

Solid back session today...just felt real swole and had a sick burn going on
1-Arm t-Bar rows 4 sets of 8

Rack deads 1 high rep set to failure then 3 heavy sets of 6 - ended up rupturing the blood vessels in my eyes. I look sexy

Superset of stretchers 4x12 with back hypers 4x20

Superset of front lat pulldowns 4 x 8 with straight arm pulldowns 4x12

Machine rows first set was done DC rest pause style. second set was 10 reps with partials. third set was 8 reps with partials and last set was a rest-puase drop set

My back better grow

Haha it was suppose to be 30. My thumb is to big to type right on my phone lol..... Really I just walk on the tread mill keeping my heart rate at 130 for 30 minutes

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ib back in action! Brick is busy whipping up on an unwanted visitor.
AA and everyone else get everything you can out of this day.
Arms in a hot minute here. looking for a good one.
Love from Chi-town... T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I followed your back routine somewhat t from yesterday and did deadlifts last and holy fuck that was a killer workout thanks turbo never thought to do them towards the end of my routine. Love changing things up

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Haha it was suppose to be 30. My thumb is to big to type right on my phone lol..... Really I just walk on the tread mill keeping my heart rate at 130 for 30 minutes

Sausage fingers? Meanwhile, I have little midget hands...they kind of look like the hands of a GI Joe. I find difficulty picking up pencils

I followed your back routine somewhat t from yesterday and did deadlifts last and holy fuck that was a killer workout thanks turbo never thought to do them towards the end of my routine. Love changing things up

This kind of made me think of the challenge set videos John Meadows and Scott Stevenson have posted... I'm thinking maybe we can get a little challenge set of the week/month going on if folks are cool with videoing some sets.

No prizes involved, just pride of being able to say, I smoked that set, now beat it!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Sausage fingers? Meanwhile, I have little midget hands...they kind of look like the hands of a GI Joe. I find difficulty picking up pencils

beat it!

Na it's just this iphone. Gonna have to get a bigger phone :) I was hoping to tough it out till the iphone 6 comes out though