©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Did shoulders last night and leg day today. My back is really starting to feel good again now. That's a great thing, but I still didn't go over 225. Next week I'll try to push it a bit harder and see.

Quitting smoking is a bitch. D and I both tried to quit together and are still struggling with it being honest. We have cut WAY back though. I know that's a bullshit answer, but it is what it is. I will get there.

Glad to hear to hear you are headed in the right direction with the smoking brother. Keep up the hard work

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Did shoulders last night and leg day today. My back is really starting to feel good again now. That's a great thing, but I still didn't go over 225. Next week I'll try to push it a bit harder and see.

Quitting smoking is a bitch. D and I both tried to quit together and are still struggling with it being honest. We have cut WAY back though. I know that's a bullshit answer, but it is what it is. I will get there.

Not a bullshit answer! The fact that you are making an effort is
important. I think some large body part intense voume help to get you over the hump. Get that big oxygen deficit and it will turn you off on the cigs. Have you tryed gum or e cigs? Stay at it ! To get big you need big air. Keep striving for change.. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok getting ready for chest and shoulders .. Just got off the phone with Python.
He is mr focus. Brick , when will the bitch slapping commence ?
Just wanted to mention my uncle johnnie went through chemo a few yeras back and just baffled doctors as he gained wt and ate well during chemo!
IB got that new friend named Galaxy so a little too good for watching
SX with muah.. Lol Hey Mikeestrong how old? Another aquarius
in the house.. Happy birthday sparky! Ok getting my final hyp on . Talk later.
T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I am getting ready to head down and do chest and tri's. I have to fight 11 inches of snow so i will check back later. Tear up the iron guys!!

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Hammered shoulders again today. Felt great. Military press is getting a bit heavier every week. So im going to keep going with it and see what happens. Thanks everyone for the happy bday!!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hammered shoulders again today. Felt great. Military press is getting a bit heavier every week. So im going to keep going with it and see what happens. Thanks everyone for the happy bday!!

Happy birthday brother!
Chest day today
Started with hammer strength bench 5 x 12 superset dips
Free weight fly's 5 x 12 superset skull crushers
peck deck 5x15 superset push downs
free motion fitness incline and decline fly's directly into presses 5x12 each and 12 additional presses each set superset hammer strength tri push downs
30 minutes cardio and made it thruogh the snow home

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Happy birthday brother!
Chest day today
Started with hammer strength bench 5 x 12 superset dips
Free weight fly's 5 x 12 superset skull crushers
peck deck 5x15 superset push downs
free motion fitness incline and decline fly's directly into presses 5x12 each and 12 additional presses each set superset hammer strength tri push downs
30 minutes cardio and made it thruogh the snow home

Interesting training method. Superset big muscle (chest or back) and superset with smaller helper muscle (tris or bis). Your arms prob veiny as all fuck lol

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Interesting training method. Superset big muscle (chest or back) and superset with smaller helper muscle (tris or bis). Your arms prob veiny as all fuck lol

The idea is i am already working the smaller muscle with the compound movement and the super set is just finishing it off. I also like getting in 2 times as much work in half the time ;)

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Ya must save a ton of time. I think it would take a couple weeks to adjust tho. If I tried to do that now, I think the first set or two would be good but then my a4ms would let down my chest. After a couple runs and adjusting im sure it would be kickass. Seems like a good volume style to help break through a plateau.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Ya must save a ton of time. I think it would take a couple weeks to adjust tho. If I tried to do that now, I think the first set or two would be good but then my a4ms would let down my chest. After a couple runs and adjusting im sure it would be kickass. Seems like a good volume style to help break through a plateau.

It takes a bit to get used to for sure but yes it works very well. Most the people at my gym think i am crazy and to intense. I wear this shirt that says "Your workout is my warm up" Lol

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Nice shirt lol no such thing as to intense. I wanna give this a try but im doing good with what I got goin on now.. I mix some heavy lifts with alot of volume now. If I give this a try soon ill pm u man. Or ill for sure give this a try when I seem to be slowing down with the gains. Thanks tho man.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Nice shirt lol no such thing as to intense. I wanna give this a try but im doing good with what I got goin on now.. I mix some heavy lifts with alot of volume now. If I give this a try soon ill pm u man. Or ill for sure give this a try when I seem to be slowing down with the gains. Thanks tho man.

I am a firm believer in not fixing something that isn't broken! Maybe give it a try when you hit a Plato

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Mikey, Happy belated bday brother! Was in DC with the woman for the weekend and haven't been on... It wasn't unbearably cold so we walked around Dc seeing the monuments and memorials and spent most of Saturday in the museum on Natural History... we are both into that kind of stuff and got completely immersed.

So back to the training stuff... smashed legs today and was actually kind of surprised because I have leaned out considerably and thought my legs would tire on me...
Seated leg Curls 5 sets of 12 superset with
- Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 12
BB Squats - did a bunch of light sets then heavy sets of 12, 10, 8 and 6 - all deep and slow
DB SLDLs 4 sets of 12 with super slow eccentric
Leg press sets of 20, 12, 10, 8 and 8
Leg Extension 4 sets of 12 (last set a drop set) superset with
- Lying Leg curls 4 sets of 10

I was feeling pretty beat after that... I train my legs with pretty damn good intensity and just can't handle a ton of volume

Hope you all have a great week!!!!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Mikey, Happy belated bday brother! Was in DC with the woman for the weekend and haven't been on... It wasn't unbearably cold so we walked around Dc seeing the monuments and memorials and spent most of Saturday in the museum on Natural History... we are both into that kind of stuff and got completely immersed.

So back to the training stuff... smashed legs today and was actually kind of surprised because I have leaned out considerably and thought my legs would tire on me...
Seated leg Curls 5 sets of 12 superset with
- Seated Calf Raises 5 sets of 12
BB Squats - did a bunch of light sets then heavy sets of 12, 10, 8 and 6 - all deep and slow
DB SLDLs 4 sets of 12 with super slow eccentric
Leg press sets of 20, 12, 10, 8 and 8
Leg Extension 4 sets of 12 (last set a drop set) superset with
- Lying Leg curls 4 sets of 10

I was feeling pretty beat after that... I train my legs with pretty damn good intensity and just can't handle a ton of volume

Hope you all have a great week!!!!

Nice training session as always Atom! Rest day for me and first day back to work :( Hitting the Iron again tomorrow!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Just checking back in after chest and shoulders yesterday.
Nice w/o . On a simple bench cycle right now. 5-6 sets flat bench for sets of ten cept for the last set where I add 10lbs for the next session and see how many I can get . Usually 15-20. Incline bb for 5 working sets . shoulders im starting to train lightly. So everything is on point thus far. I need to get my lungs ready for the heavy work coming. hard to train big bodyparts effectively
with inadquate oxygen. Glad you all having good sessions.
Anyone talk to brick? I will check in on him in the am if I don't see him here
before then. He is our good friend and guy that thought up this place a board (ugbb)back. Back tomoorow. I'm starting to strap up so the poundages are
moving quickly. Still going easy on trap work as the stainless sutures
have me cautious. Don't want to come this far and f-- it up.
Grim i'll be hollerin just got busy later..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey guys, good to see everyone still hangin' out and slingin' the iron. I'm just working and healing post-op. Good thing I have a desk job! Tomorrow I go in for them to image my bladder to make sure its healing properly. Thursday I see the chemo doc to map out my 12 week plan. I'm anxious and very ready to make the next step. She told me last time, the chemo they will use may damage nerves in the inner ear so I may have hearing loss. So, I told my training partner, when I get back to lifting, he may have to yell at me when talking. I see my surgeon Friday. I'm going to ask him when can I do some light training again. LOL, some things just don't change.

Last edited: