©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
one more...guitarist sings on this track...guitar work is amazing...

Forced Entry - Never A Know, But The No - YouTube

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Have to agree, some damn good tunes, just no production quality. Bands today can do studio quality recording with a fairly modest investment in a home studio. One of the many technological advantages of today. Only downside, like I say, no real new direction to take metal and hard to do it better or heavier than it's been done :D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
My 2 favorite Exodus tunes:

I'd have a hard time picking a favorite, but if forced, would say The Last Act of Defiance. Just a pure out beginning to end crusher.

And Then There Were None - YouTube

The Last Act of Defiance - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Have to agree, some damn good tunes, just no production quality. Bands today can do studio quality recording with a fairly modest investment in a home studio. One of the many technological advantages of today. Only downside, like I say, no real new direction to take metal and hard to do it better or heavier than it's been done :D

agree...i was listening to alot of spanish thrash a few years ago and i couldnt believe how good these young bands(that i knew couldnt have much financial backing)albums sounded...crystal clear...no mistakes that they just had to live with...etc...but then i started noticing that all the production sounded the same..no real personality in their sounds...

love the exodus tunes you picked btw...but i honestly i think it was a sin to re-record "bonded by blood"...:)
such a classic sound...and i loved paul baloff...amazing performance from him on that album...he was a crazy person and you can tell he loved what he was doing.

im gonna post a couple of my faves from bonded...

Exodus - A Lesson In Violence [HQ] - YouTube
YouTube​

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
lemme try this one more time...:eek:

Exodus - A Lesson In Violence [HQ] - YouTube
YouTube​

Exodus - Piranha [HQ] - YouTube
YouTube​

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
hmmm...not sure why this is happening...:confused:

anyway....tried to post "a lesson in violence" and "piranha"...:headbang:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
That's weird !

Ya, some of the 80's bands that weren't big budget re-recorded their early stuff, Destruction, Exodus, Testament, Sodom. I didn't see the need for Exodus or Testament really, but the Destruction and Sodom stuff is much, much better. Just a case of the bands probably wanting to have it sound like they envisioned it originally.

The guitar sound is killer on the Exodus re-recordings though !

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Maybe the #3 on my Exodus list. Absolute killer riffing on this one.

Fabulous Disaster - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Hard not to do some headbanging to this Overkill classic !

Deny the Cross (Live) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Good old Roadrunner records, always a trustworthy label back in the day ! Little bit of a hollow sound, but tight as hell, would be one of those re-recording that would crush like Destruction.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A little change-up here with some Sabbath-esque sludge from Electric Wizard. One of their better offerings imo, as it's not a 9 minute marathon, but have to admit the goth chick in the video bumps it up a half point :D

Electric Wizard - Sadiowitch OFFICIAL PROMO - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
been wading thru orange goblins stuff...ive only heard a couple of their albums so far...
this is a really good band...
probably my favorite drummer at the moment...

Orange Goblin - Red Tide Rising - Official Video | Metal Hammer - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I wanna say Goblin was one of the bands we posted up that did a great Sabbath cover. Can’t remember which tune, but it was good. Got an excellent heavy groove style.

Dyers Eve

Oct 3, 2011
I have Amazon prime, which gives you free music each month. I discovered the Metallica channel the other day which plays random metal bands. It's pretty damn good to listen to when working out. If you don't like the current song being played you can skip to the next song whenever you want.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I have Amazon prime, which gives you free music each month. I discovered the Metallica channel the other day which plays random metal bands. It's pretty damn good to listen to when working out. If you don't like the current song being played you can skip to the next song whenever you want.

Ya, lots of my buddies use that. Good screenname, great song !

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I'm going to try and take a second with each song I post and point out some specifics of what I like about them. I do it once in awhile, especially in more obscure stuff so someone passing by can zero in on what at least one listener likes about it :)

This song is taken off of the album Covenant, when I personally feel Morbid Angel had pretty much taken over and dominated the very competitive Death Metal scene at the time (much like Slayer did with speed metal in the 80's).

While I think Blessed Are The Sick is musically the best Morbid Angel album, there is just absolutely no denying the brutal aggressiveness of the entire Covenant album. It's angry, heavy, fast and just a complete crushing experience from beginning to end. One of my favorites here from the record, a vicious 3:15 second experience that has the focused intense ending of a song that I like in the final 10 seconds. It's like the last nail in the coffin of the song :D

Morbid Angel - Vengeance Is Mine [Full Dynamic Range Edition] - YouTube

Last edited: