©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
hell yeah...id never heard cyclone before...that(horrible)production...i love it...made me feel like i was 17 while i was listening...cool stuff.

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
this band is pretty slick...had trouble choosing a couple songs to post...the whole album is pretty strong...

Vomitive- Angelus Apatrida - YouTube

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Some great riffing from that band, good find. I'm definitely hearing some Overkill influence in there, what'd ya think?

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Here's just a damn cool old punisher from Possessed.

Fallen Angel - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Some great riffing from that band, good find. I'm definitely hearing some Overkill influence in there, what'd ya think?

i never thought overkill but thinking about it now i do...
they always reminded me of a bay area band...vocals are a little chuck billyish???...

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
i was always a big fan of the bay area style...

best guitar solo ever???

Through Eyes of Glass - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
oh man...this takes me back...so good...

Even looking back on Seven Churches now, Possessed just did something on that record that was different than Slayer, Exodus, any of the hardcore bands were doing. It was a unique style that wasn't death or black metal, which wasn't around yet. But I truly believe that the Seven Churches album in itself gave birth to both the black and death metal style that followed in the late 80's, early 90's.

A definite landmark album.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Hell yeah man, we all thought Forbidden was going to be the next big thing in hardcore, but it just didn't happen. Maybe got lost like a lot of those bands did in the early 90's when speed metal fizzled out and death, black and power metal took over.

Great one here from the Ultimate Revenge 2 concert.

FORBIDDEN - Chalice of Blood (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO) - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Hell yeah man, we all thought Forbidden was going to be the next big thing in hardcore, but it just didn't happen. Maybe got lost like a lot of those bands did in the early 90's when speed metal fizzled out and death, black and power metal took over.

Great one here from the Ultimate Revenge 2 concert.

FORBIDDEN - Chalice of Blood (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO) - YouTube

have you heard forbiddens later albums???

"green"???
"distortion"???
"omega wave"???

i really like all three of em...the style changed a bit but i think these are real good albums...

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
have you heard forbiddens later albums???

"green"???
"distortion"???
"omega wave"???

i really like all three of em...the style changed a bit but i think these are real good albums...

Ya, there's some excellent songs on those. I think a lot of the old school bands put out some killer stuff these days, but it's just my old argument that you can't do it better, just more of the same (unless changing style a little bit).

What can Slayer really put out that tops Raining Blood, Angel of Death, Hell Awaits, War Ensemble, South of Heaven etc?...Good tunes but they just don't have the same impact.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
One of my favorite old Venom sloppy thrashers. They created the satanic, speed metal, dark imagery metal industry and then got pushed aside by better musicians and a more polished product like Slayer, Exodus, Metallica. Kind of ironic, but they created a massive genre that's for sure.

Burn This Place to the Ground - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Let's do it, the mega crusher from Possessed, solid version of The Exorcist:

Possessed - The Exorcist (Live Bloodstock 2017) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
They got some pretty good breakdowns/mosh parts in there, good stuff !

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
My last Possessed tune, one of their more punishing tunes, Pentagram. The one thing I love about this song is the way they close it out. A lot of bands tend to not finish a song strong, or get away from the main riff that hooked you in the first place.

On this tune, I've just always loved the way for the last 30+ seconds of the song, they take the main crushing riff and just drive it home into everyone's skull. Excellent composition right there, that's how you punish a listener ! :D

Pentagram - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
three piece outta washington state...

shoestring budget for this album...i wish their record company would have invested some effort and money in these guys...fucking love this band...

Forced Entry - Bone Crackin' Fever - YouTube