©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
and now for something completely different...

stumbled across this the other day...music doesnt start til about a minute in...

Cemican - Guerreros de Cemican (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
That's not too bad, trying to put together something different which is hard to do, but it works ! :)

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
spaniards...

lotta cool spanish thrash out there...

Strikeback - Kill Or Be Killed - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Pretty good stuff not to have any YT comments for 3 years ! Damn !! I’d be disappointed

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Having narrowed down my best of the "speed metal" category to Born of Fire by Slayer, my next "best of" is what I feel is the best just traditional "heavy metal" song of all time. No specific sub category, just the best heavy metal song of all-time imho. This song is just a massive, thundering monster. No drifting off into some boring chorus, no endless solo's, just the heaviest metal song of them all.

Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be (JCP Remaster 2015) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Have to throw this random gem back in the fold for newbies passing by. I would generally consider Bolt Thrower one of the founding fathers of Death Metal, because in general that's what the style is. However, in their own way they forged a new genre within a sub-genre with Grindcore, which I think is more of a way to describe a heavier, thicker Death Metal style sound with less emphasis on speed, and lyrics that are not based on an anti-religion, anti-Christian theme.

2 great things about this song, the first obviously is the 50 second intro, which is one of the heavier, more punishing, groovy metal riffs I think I've ever heard. The second is unique to Bolt Thrower and it's just doing something different with something basic. From 3:20 through the end of the song @ 4:22, it seems like your ears are playing tricks on you because the tempo of the song changes several times, but if you listen closely the guitarists just keep churning out the same heavy riff over and over with absolutely no change. It seems like there's so much going on that last minute +, but it's just the same kick-ass riff non stop with everything else changing up around it. Pretty unique, and pretty cool, things like that always set the mighty Bolt Thrower apart from every other similar style band, imo.

BOLT-THROWER Through The Eye Of Terror - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Have to throw this random gem back in the fold for newbies passing by. I would generally consider Bolt Thrower one of the founding fathers of Death Metal, because in general that's what the style is. However, in their own way they forged a new genre within a sub-genre with Grindcore, which I think is more of a way to describe a heavier, thicker Death Metal style sound with less emphasis on speed, and lyrics that are not based on an anti-religion, anti-Christian theme.

2 great things about this song, the first obviously is the 50 second intro, which is one of the heavier, more punishing, groovy metal riffs I think I've ever heard. The second is unique to Bolt Thrower and it's just doing something different with something basic. From 3:20 through the end of the song @ 4:22, it seems like your ears are playing tricks on you because the tempo of the song changes several times, but if you listen closely the guitarists just keep churning out the same heavy riff over and over with absolutely no change. It seems like there's so much going on that last minute +, but it's just the same kick-ass riff non stop with everything else changing up around it. Pretty unique, and pretty cool, things like that always set the mighty Bolt Thrower apart from every other similar style band, imo.

BOLT-THROWER Through The Eye Of Terror - YouTube

man i could never get into this band...this song starts off alright...but then the first change???into the blast beat part???
it doesnt take the music anywhere...its just noise for the sake of noise to me...:eek:
im not trying to shit on it...just my personal taste...i guess i just dont get it...:)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I agree with you on the blast beat parts, brother. Bolt Thrower's sound was way too down-tuned and muddy to pull it off and the vocals with that part, don't work. It was them doing what the Death Metal bands at the time were doing. I do believe that they probably recognized that themselves and after that album, which was their first major release (on Earache) they never went down the blast beat path again. Ultimately I think that's what got them labeled a "Grindcore" style.

I'm a bigger fan of Bolt Thrower's stuff post that record, but the first minute and last minute of that song always do it for me even some 30 years later.

man i could never get into this band...this song starts off alright...but then the first change???into the blast beat part???
it doesnt take the music anywhere...its just noise for the sake of noise to me...:eek:
im not trying to shit on it...just my personal taste...i guess i just dont get it...:)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The Teutonic legends ! Schmeir might kick me in the nuts for saying this, but I think Kreator may be the best of the original legendary German thrash bands. Is it just me or was anyone else expecting the riff from “One” to start with those drums at the 1:40 mark? :D

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
a kid(24)at the gym turned me on to these guys...:headbang:

Skeletonwitch - Sacrifice to the Slaughtergod (Director's Cut) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Damn, that must be pretty cool. I can honestly say over the past 30+ years that I count on one hand the number of people in everyday life I've met that truly love and listen to hardcore/heavy metal. Sad... most guys think if they listen to rock and then throw in Metallica that they are metal heads. Not so :)

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Have to include this song with "Born of Fire" for my best of speed metal category. The entirety of the song isn't as cut and polished as most Slayer songs, but 1:07-1:40 is absolutely the best speed metal riff ever recorded. It starts like turning over a big block engine and then just is complete perfection. Lombardo on the skins, Hanneman and King riffing, Araya's vocals...10 out of 10 for those 33 seconds, fast and punishing like no other before or since !

Slayer - Raining Blood (Remixed and Remastered) - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Damn, that must be pretty cool. I can honestly say over the past 30+ years that I count on one hand the number of people in everyday life I've met that truly love and listen to hardcore/heavy metal. Sad... most guys think if they listen to rock and then throw in Metallica that they are metal heads. Not so :)

yeah i was really surprised when i got home and checked em out...
i expected em to be complete shit...figured no way the youngster could know anything about metal...

cracks me up when guys think DISTURBED are a metal band...
or LINKIN PARK...lol...:naughty1:

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
a few years ago a kid in my gym was wearing a DESTRUCTION shirt...
baby faced...couldnt have been but 18...i thought there was no way he was into them...
i finally asked him..."do you listen to that band???"...he did...

Release From Agony - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
no schmeir...but i really liked the "cracked brain" album...
lots of good riffs on this one...

Destruction - Cracked Brain - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
2 of the all-time best Destruction tunes. I'd have to rate Release From Agony one of the best thrash metal albums of the 80's for sure. Just a high energy crusher from beginning to end.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A little known classic tune off of "Release". Check out the riff @ 0:45 2tense, a frickin' classic speed crusher or what :)

Our Oppression - YouTube