©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Great sounding live version of Tomorrow's Dream from back in the heyday. Man o man if Iommi could've just stuck to his guns and kept this kind of thick fuzzy raw sound throughout...

2 great moments here, @ the 1:00 mark when Tony gets kind of sludged up with the chords and Ward does a pro's job slowing down the temp to let him get reoriented and coming out of the solo @ the 2:30 mark, just the enormous Godzilla like tone and sound that Iommi had back then...just massive.

Ozzy of course sounded amazing back then, hard to believe he had such a perfect metal voice, maybe the best ever "back in the day"

Black Sabbath / Tomorrow's Dream - 8mm / California Jam 1974 - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
Great sounding live version of Tomorrow's Dream from back in the heyday. Man o man if Iommi could've just stuck to his guns and kept this kind of thick fuzzy raw sound throughout...

2 great moments here, @ the 1:00 mark when Tony gets kind of sludged up with the chords and Ward does a pro's job slowing down the temp to let him get reoriented and coming out of the solo @ the 2:30 mark, just the enormous Godzilla like tone and sound that Iommi had back then...just massive.

Ozzy of course sounded amazing back then, hard to believe he had such a perfect metal voice, maybe the best ever "back in the day"

Black Sabbath / Tomorrow's Dream - 8mm / California Jam 1974 - YouTube

nice...yeah ozzys voice WAS amazing...

so funny to hear the dude try to sing now...

even as far back as blizzard...his voice was shot...

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, he was at his peak, perfect voice on Sabotage and the tours around '75 '76...that was it though, you're right, he was completely shot by Blizzard.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
I saw Metallica at The Rose Bowl with my son last Saturday. :headbang:

That must've been a massive event !

I saw them open for Ozzy in '86 (Master tour) and headline with Megadeth in '88 (...And Justice tour).

Haven't seen them since.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
One of my favorite unsung Metallica bashers, Motorbreath

Metallica: Motorbreath (MetOnTour - Philadelphia, PA - 2017) - YouTube

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I saw Metallica at The Rose Bowl with my son last Saturday. :headbang:

That's awesome I've been wanting to take my son to see them before there done for good or to old put on a decent show ,he's about to be right age now but getting time at the right show seems to never happen.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
They did to get off their asses and digitally re-master all of the old classics. At least through ...And Justice, which needs the entire bottom end re-recorded.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A great Sabbath style crusher from Bolt Thrower. Good tune to have at high volume levels. Great buildup to the Iommi-esque power chords @ the 2:30 mark that would fit right in on Vol 4. Doesn't get much heavier.

The IVth Crusade - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
For my Sabbath crew.

THEE best live version of War Pigs ever. Actually may be the best Sabbath ever sounded live, at the California Jam in April 1974 in front of 250k hard rock fans.

Looks like someone grabbed the audio from the soundboard. It's very high quality, just isolating Iommi and Ozzy for the most part. What an incredible tone and overall sound from Iommi. Just absolutely crushing. Over 40 years later and nothing, NOTHING as monstrous as the 1:15 intro to War Pigs. Mind boggling.

From all of the research I've done, Iommi's setup at this point in time was his Laney Supergroup ampheads with the Rangemaster treble booster overdrive. Apparently he plugged in to the bass input instead of the treble input on the Laney. Whatever it was exactly, this WAS the sound !

Here is the audio clip of it for listening pleasure, along with the best quality vid of the actual performance below it.

Black Sabbath - War Pigs - California Jam '74 - YouTube

Black Sabbath / War Pigs / 1974 California Jam - YouTube

Attachments

• Laney Supergroup.jpg
    Laney Supergroup.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Rangemaster.jpg
    Rangemaster.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 32

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The old original crusher, Children of the Grave. Always better live imo, as it takes away the over-dubbed high pitched guitar and is much heavier.

Tony's second most crushing riff behind the War Pigs intro, 2:28-2:53, 25 seconds of massive power chords to transition back into the main riff. Tony looks pretty happy playing them :) Great stuff. California Jam was awesome with Sabbath in their pastel "California" flower power colors. Vintage early 70's Americana.

Black Sabbath - "Children of the Grave" Live Cal Jam 1974 - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
If you're into black metal, these guys get it done pretty damn good. Have to give an A++ for theater and stage performance, which in the end, is what a concert is a lot about (in addition to the great music).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMSTnY_3_qA

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Just an outright crusher here from Batushka, punishing riff, incredible drumming and probably the best black metal vocals outside of Gaahl.

Batushka - Yekteniya 2 - YouTube

Live video for posterity and visual aid, but not as good quality as studio.

Batushka - Yekteniya II (Live) Brutal Assault 2017 - YouTube

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
R.I.P Malcom

https://youtu.be/5f65Un-Z33Q

Seems like like we've almost lost all the greats that inspired the all or nothing greatness that was genX ....and soon it will be our time to take that journey to the other side....my generation will in the blink of an eye be gone and the great time in history it was will never be again......

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, life move's on, our generation was the generation of metal though. As a music lover, I feel blessed to have been there from the beginning, when Metallica and Slayer took up where Sabbath left off. Special times that can only be once. Like the kids who grew up with rock 'n roll in the 50's.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A good re-recording of a Destruction classic from the 1986 album Eternal Devastation. One of my personal favorites from "back in the day". United by Hatred.

DESTRUCTION - United By Hatred - The History Clip (OFFICIAL TRACK) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The best crusher (imho) on the new Altarage release. Such a great guitar sound and attack style of playing.

Altarage - Orb Terrax (official premiere) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Pretty good effort to slap onto the workout playlist here from Gojira. Overall not one of my favorite bands, but I pickup (at least to me) a lot of influence from other bands that I like and they make it work.

Gojira - The heaviest matter of the universe (lyric) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Nice death crusher from Belphegor. Have to say these guys look like they go about their business pretty seriously. Awesome Mesa Boogie stacks for that heavy crunch. Well done.

Belphegor - Conjuring The Dead Pactun In Aeternum - Bloodstock 2015 - YouTube