©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

For all the Bill Nye and science lovers out there

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
What about the The Argument of Causation? Every single thing that takes place has a cause. A rock moves because something caused it to move. So if the universe began or started then something caused it. You cant get something from nothing.

All humans have the capacity to do evil. The word evil can be used in many capacities.

Last edited:

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
For those who like a little science with their creation, Ben Steins movies is boring but good.Amazon.com: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed: Ben Stein, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Sternberg, Mark Souder, Nathan Frankowski: Movies & TV

Also, if anyone wants I could explain creation or at least how to understand the genre a bit better than the young earth theory. Yeah, I graduated with a degree in Biblical Theology which I have never put to good use.Never woupd have guessed huh?
Hawk

I think Science and Creation work very well together....:)

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
I sat in an hour and a half long presentation yesterday coincidentally by Tom Woodward of the CS Lewis society former atheist turn creationist. his book are outstanding

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Argument for causation. What caused God? And just because I have the capacity for evil doesn't mean I'm evil. The verse specifically said that people that don't believe in God are evil. I don't agree with that. I find it idiotic. But can we please move on from that? Debating science and creation are much more interesting than name calling.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Slate you have to recognize that you were born evil it is in your nature to do wrong things. Parasite you need other people to teach you what to do and whatnot to do because you are naturally indifferent lee corrupt being is just a fact of life nobody is good 100 percent and if you're not totally good then you are evil. To not be evil is to say that you have never lied stolen cheated had an immoral thought killed been envious or selfish can you say that you've never done that?

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
We arent really talking about what caused God. And I do not name call I was just trying to make nice over a comment about Evil.
I think the Problem That People have with the Bible is the interpretation. What things meant long ago and what our understanding of them now is very different.
The Bible is not necessarily a historical document meant to store history. There is much history in there but it was really meant to teach people how and how not to behave. Just like I teach my child on a daily basis how Love and respect others God the Father does the same. I am not a creationist. I am Catholic and the Catholic Church does not teach conclusively that either one is correct. It actually says that if God decided to use evolution as the way to go then so be it.
I assume Creationists in this debate believe in the young earth theory. I do not.
What gets me is why non believers even give a rats ass about the whole subject.....:rolleyes:

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Bob I think non-believers care because I like believers they want to know where they came from. Its natural. But to say you have an open mind but then not allow any viewpoint from the Bible to be involved in the discussion is closed minded. I don't think sleep is an evil person and the fact that he goes out looking to kill somebody or rape 100 women or something but he is naturally an righteous person just like me. I don't know why he take that so personally it's just a fact for everybody

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Bob I agree with your statement about the Bible not being a historical documents or a history book. It doesn't even set out to prove God exists it just simply states that he does.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
The point that you were making with the argument from causation was that everything has a cause. And since the universe began then it must have a cause. That cause is God right? I want to know what caused God. If you give up asking what caused god then you should of just given up on what caused the universe.
The word evil is a loaded word. Most people wouldn't say someone that lies or cheated is Evil. They say murderers are evil. And I disregard your arguments from the bible because I don't believe the bible to be a great source of knowledge about our natural world. Just the same way you would disregard my arguments if I made them from the Koran or whatever scientologists read.
And i care about people understanding science. If everyone believed as AM believes about science we wouldn't have all of the great advances we have now. It's not just about evolution and the age of the earth ( even though those are important). Johovahs witnesses believe blood transfusion is a sin. What if everyone believed that? Think of all the lives tossed away by silly beliefs.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Slate I think you would have a better argument if you argued the cruelty of God instead of whether or not he exists

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
You said that you don't believe in evolution and you think the earth is 4000 years old but then you also agree with Intelligent Design (which doesn't agree with the 4000 yr estimate). That tells me a lot about how you approach science. And I'm not trying to disprove god. It's impossible to disprove a negative. I'm just trying to show how the arguments for god are unscientific and pretty lame to be honest. I've heard all of these arguments before. They are just as bad as the rest of the apologists arguments.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
You certainly implied that you agreed with Ken Hamm and the "age old bible". If you don't believe that then how old do you think the earth is and do you think life forms evolved?

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Oh so you admit that you made that up? If you want to have a good debate you should not make up things that the opposing side supposedly said. As far as the age of the earth, both evolution and creation have holes in their theories. both require faith to fill in those holes. The difference between me and you is my Faith is put toward a creator while your faith is put in chance or coincidence. Am I correct?

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
What did I make up? You implied that you agreed with ken Hamm. And no there aren't holes in evolution and creation is not a scientific theory. I don't believe things based on faith. I believe things based on evidence. And just by saying chance or coincidence just shows me that you don't know anything about evolution. Natural selection is the exact opposite of chance. You never answered my question. How old do you think the age of the earth is? You said you spent "decades" doing research. I would think you would have an answer by now.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Who says creation is not a scientific theory and that evolution is? Oh wait let me guess.....evolutionist lol