©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Happy birthday Atom! I almost forgot to say that! Sounds like you had a great time!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
LOL.. sounds like a good birthday .annnd. ..Happy late Birthday Atom!
Rest day full of anxiety..

Happy birthday Atom! I almost forgot to say that! Sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks guys!

Well today they gave us a code red because the roads were all ice in some areas...no work for me! I got to sleep in a little and trained a little later after getting a meal in me.

Chest and shoulders and since I had some extra time i added a little extra volume :)
Incline Db Bench 4 sets of 8 with partials after sets 2,3 and 4
Db hex Press 3 x 10 – Slow with squeeze at the top - droped the weight down and did two drop sets
Nautilus Machine Press 4 sets of 8 get a deep stretch and peak contractions. I sat up and forward to hit the pec minor. I did a drop set on the last set
Flat Db Fly Press 4 sets of 12 and did a double drop set on the last set
Ultra Wide Shoulder Press 3 sets of 15 - these give a nice pump
Over and back Shoulder Press 4 sets of 10 - the burn on these reps is awesome. Just so much TUT
Super set of side laterals and front raises 4 sets of 12
Super set of face pulls and cable upright rows 4 sets of 12

If anyone got snow or ice, stay safe.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
.Oh man no snow yet but any ice melts as I walk by cause im so
HOT..

I realize if i dont hit the gym daily doing something I get anxiety and grumpy...I need a life.lol
Shoulders today and did some nice work in a two hour session..20.min cardio.. I just have zero wind and its frustrating because I know I need a stress test of my ticker and lungs.
T where are thou?. Grim where are thou.?.:(

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I seriously lit it up today brothers... This was one of those days where the pieces fell into place. Seems my training has been great since getting back on the slin.

Back day!
Db Deadstop rows 5 sets of 12.. supposed to do 4x10 but was just crushing it
Rack Deads supposed to do 4 sets of 10,8, 6 and 6 but did 12, 10, 8, 6 and 6 and I bumped weight up20-25lbs on all sets
Stretchers 4 sets of 12 and did a drop set on the last set. Pump was out of this world at this point
Superset of underhand cable pulldowns 3x8 and straight arm pulldowns 3x12
Smith Deadstop bent rows 4 sets of 6 with the last set being a drop set - went up 20lbs

This was one of those days where the intensity was boiling over the top and every rep was spot on.

I couldn't eat enough PWO... just kept pounding the jasmine rice. I doubled my normal intake of carbs in that meal lol I don't care, I needed it.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Here I is brother IB . Guys I have been really under the weather. Had a nagging cough that got worse and worse . started in late august.Got so bad I thought maybe something past point of no return. Stmbled on the cause by accident.
(Thanks IB!) My lungs were so full of fliud that I was coughing mouthfuls of foamy water. Been walking around with pneumonia like an idiot for weeks.
On the slow upswing now. Think I better go hit back later today.
Sorry been absent here as of late. Hope all of you are having a great week.
Thanks to IB for pointing me in the right direction on this health issue.
T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Dang T, don't mess around with that stuff. Take care of that first!

Got hung up in a long meeting today and had to miss the gym (I hate meetings!). Now I feel like IB, I was all rev'd up and no gym to go to... now I'm kinda grumpy. Tomorrow will be shoulders and traps. Hope the old rotator will cut me some slack.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
UShake it T .. lots a teas and fresh lemons and of course lots of spinach for some zinc.
Felt like crap today and GR are in the same situation and will adjust protocol I say Sunday? Lol
Did do 20 min of chest tightening cardio
Back day..
Behind neck to the front of the neck wide cable puldowns.
nice stretch and burn on 20 counts lower weight
Standard wide grip pull ups.. I can do 5 now per set x4 ..lol I'm not proud just saying fact.
Assisted chins with loop band on foot..
Seated HS rows 405 for 5 on final set. Odd..lol
Cable rows 305 for 10 ..odd
Vgrip 45° cable rows .
DB rows cause I love the stretch when I'm warm..
Anyway..got some issues so off Thursday so I can blast heavy squats Friday..
Keep it going guys. T you stay home.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Yeah the gym did'nt happen yesterday but will today. I see you txt me back last night but I had zzzzed back out . Hope all are well today . Been meaning to holler at you Warren just been shit canned sick as fuck. starting to turn the corner I think finally. Hope for back today. we will see.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Superpump arm session!

A1. Machine curls ( 6 reps on one arm, 6 on the other then 4 and 4) hit 4 sets
A2. Triceps rope pressdowns (deep squeeze and contraction at bottom) 4 sets of 12
B1. Hammer curls (3 second negative) hit 4 sets and got nice burn on the negative
B2. Triceps dips 4x10 with a slow negative. I did a 5th set that was 10 full reps, 5 partials and then did a double drop
C1. Incline bench DB curls 3 sets of 12
C2. Freemotion rope extensions 3 sets of 12
D1. Spider curls 3 sets of 12
D2. Overhead EZ bar triceps extensions 3 sets of 12
AND MY FINISHERS
E1. BB curl 40s - used my 12 rep max and rested 10 seconds after each little burst of reps after I hit 40 I dropped it down by 10 lbs and repped out and kept dropping by 10lbs until I was at a 20lbs BB
E2. Bent over triceps extensions rest-pause drop sets at each drop I did two sets

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit shoulders and traps. Kept the weight lighter and higher reps on the delts and heavy on the shrugs. Gotta go heavy or go home on something!

Get better T! Lotta crap going around out there now.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Thanks Brick! Getting past it now.Kind of sucked . Had pneumonia with a
upper respiratory sinus/ inf on top. Man I have not been that sick many times in my life. Going to try it in a minute. not saying too much til I get it done.
Hey Ib slept all the way through til 8am today. feeling way better,,..
Ok nuff jawing here I go.... T......

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Yeah the gym did'nt happen yesterday but will today. I see you txt me back last night but I had zzzzed back out . Hope all are well today . Been meaning to holler at you Warren just been shit canned sick as fuck. starting to turn the corner I think finally. Hope for back today. we will see.. T

Hey T hope your getting better buddy i hate cold and flu season i try not to touch anything and stay away from other people as much as i can this time of year

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
The Tiger has awoke! Sounds good T .. Sleep is what u needed that's for sure.
Atom you killed it it seems ..psycho bicepular pump as its called.
Brick you are exactly right! If i don't hit one thing heavy per session then I always adjust my skirt , cinch up my belt tighter and give it hell till it swells.
Keep it up guys ..I can't sit another day so leg day Friday will commence soon..
Back later..ib

PreacherMan

Nov 17, 2013
Bi/Tri

Just tried a new routine today. Got a massive pump. With each drop in set drop rep and increase weight. Never done it before, but I dig the pump! gonna try this a few times and see how it goes. Tomorrow, cardio big and legs (makeup from yesterday being called out of gym)

Hammer curl
12, 10, 8, 8
Lying Tricep
Concentration curl
12, 10,8,8
Close bench
Preacher (favorite ha ha)
4 sets 15
rope push downs
4 sets 15
Cable curl
3 set 8
Single trice pushdown
3 set 10

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hell fucking yes... ! about 14 sets back then 4-5 careful sets traps.
feeling good. Damn I hate being sick. Turned the corner. Poor wife is all fucked up sick. She is lucky . Only has the upper respiratory part not pnuemonia to make it super fun. I'm about to get to some eating(food) in a sec...
Thx , T..............

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Glad you are feeling better T and hoping your wife peps up soon as well...

I hit a doozy! Supersetted some stuff and was just beat to shit...
Superset of High and Wide leg press 5 sets 15, 12, 10, 8, 6
with Decline DB bench 5 sets 15, 15, 12, 9, 6

Incline BB bench constant tension 5 sets 8 and the rest 6

Decline Smith Bench 4 sets of 8 and did a triple drop set after the 4th

Smith Reverse lunges 4 sets of 12

Superset of pec dec flys with partial 3 sets of 12
with Leg extensions with partials 3 sets of 12

I was soaked in sweat. I got home and slammed 4 cups of jasmine rice (about 140 carbs)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Glad you are feeling better T!

Going to hit some arms today bros. Work had me covered up yesterday.

PreacherMan... I like your avatar.

Its Saturday but there is no "weekend" mentality in the weight room brothers!!! Get to work!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Arms today. decent workout after being sick all week. My training partner is mia.. Thx , T...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
What I chase all my buddies off!!? Hey I'm about to go get it on with a leg session.No partner today he is still mia. Oh well the mojo must go on!!!
Ib feel better bunky after all the "stress release" the other nite ? Tell tabby you got some things to do.Plus i'm gonna narc you out to V and tell her to make ya work for it J/k... Hey lets have a great week . This is the last part of 13 . Lets wring every drop out of it we can... Peace (W) Turbo....

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Just back in from a chest workout. Took a while to get the old shoulder warmed up, but it came through for me today. Backed off the weight and upped the reps. Might be my new matra for a while.

Let's get this weeks started with a bang gents.