©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I'll be glad when I get to train back chest and shoulders again.
Still have ways to go on shoulder rehabb. It is going really well though.
IB be careful driving in the mountains. Back is my favorite bodypart to train.
Just missiing that workout very much . It will be here soon.
everyone have great day. rest day for me today . shoulder home therepy
tomorrow. Have great sunday and let's rest up for whooping ass this week coming. Thx T...

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Trained chest today. Changed things up a little and trained with a partner. Started with Bench 5X12 with 225 got 8 on my own and then really used the spot to force out the negs. Having the spot to help get each rep up after 8 and then letting the weight down to my chest as slow as i possibly could for the full neg.

Free weight flys with the spotter forcing out those last 5 reps. 5x12 on my own then the spotter helped force 5 more reps each set.

Hammer strength incline presses 5x12

finished it off with peck deck.

No supersets today just the forced reps. I am tired!!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took the day off and have a full day on Monday so it looks like no gym for me until Tuesday. Looking forward to getting back on track. Put a plate on the bar for me brothers.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hit some hack squats and some deads today.
Picked up 405 off the ground...
Gonna pull 500 by xmas

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
getting ready to train shortly. coming offa migraine so have yet to decide which body part. I'm gonna snoop around the board for a sec then come back fore I leave. Hey IB I think that string broke between our tin cans .lol
hope you got my txt last night, T..

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok it's gonna be legs.. Check back later. All have a grdeat day /start to your week. Thx T....

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Pretty damn good leg day considering I almost postponed it til tomorrow.
Ed wnats you to say hello to Soren if you get a chance IB.
Where is everyone? Hope clankin away somewhere.
Thx , t...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Sorry guys, been MIA for a few.... Aside from the time spent with my girl on the weekend, all of my free time has been spent on school... I didn't sleep last night because I was working on a paper, but got it done. I still trained today, on no sleep, and still increased my poundages.

Today was a nice little leg diddy..
Seated Calves 4x12 superset w/
Seated Leg Curls 1x15 then 4x12
Lying Leg Curls (15-20rp) 12+5+2
Hack Squats 1x12, 1x10, 1x8, 2x6 and 1 widowmaker with a drop set and partials
Leg Extensions did one full set then did a pyramid up and then back down with partials

Been a rough week... school is a killer

I took my girl out for a nice romantic dinner at the Melting Pot on Saturday...holy shit was that incredible! The delicious fondues and for the main course we had lobster, filet mignon, shrimp and chicken... I truly indulged, cheesecake dipped in dark chocolate fondue? Hell yes!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hit up some chest and tris today.
Flat bench 315x7 285x8 255x9(wierd how it worked out like that)
Then I busted three sets of body weight dips to failure. Then 2 sets high rep bent over db laterals and 3 sets facepulls.

Here's a vid of my deadlift the other day:

20131103_172500.mp4 - YouTube

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Gotcha turbo.got some mails out Lookin for Soren and ill make sure Eddie gets his info. Man he could lift.
Atom glad to see you I was wondering If school load or girl loads were going out .. And melting pot.. Yummmm. Lol we got one here.. Dam fun too..

Enuf chit chat.. Fitnik I told u Cardio and high rep sets .. U be listening to me or the can of whoop ass comes out . Your Lizard won't stop me either will the ankle biters ..

Back and traps .
Dmx elliptical for 30 min warm up.
Behind neck pull wide cable pull downs. Super light weight cause this will cause damage if too heavy.. 3 sets 15 . Good for stretch

Front wide cable pull downs up to 265. Shouldr feeling good today.
Wide chins. 3 x 6 barely lol
Assisted chins. 3 sets 12
T bar rows,, thicken the back up 4x 12 to 365
Seated cable rows 4 x 12.. Gotta love the stretch
One arm Db rows 4 x 12. 80lbs max.
6 sets various traps with Jims hold one trap and work opposite while holding fried me..

Appliance repair next.. Lol . Lots a help T . It works lol.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
IB I respectfully disagree with the high rep sets... Man or woman what we want to be be concerned with IMO is the building of lean muscle. SO we need to get the reps down and do an anaerobic workout. Behind the neck pulldowns I can understand going light but most things should be "heavy" for the individual.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hit back and bi's today....
Lat pulls heavy 5x12 superset dumbbell curls
Free motion pull downs superset preacher curls 5x12
Hammer strength seated rows 5x12 superset hammer curls
Close grip pull downs 5x15 superset hammer strength burn out curls. 10 reps and another 10 forced reps each set.

I am pooped and now headed off to work all day :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Arms. Going doozy hunting. Thanks for looking up soren for eddie IB.
This arm workout is dedicated to one of my favorite guys. The Brick!
Check back with ya's later. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
IB I respectfully disagree with the high rep sets... Man or woman what we want to be be concerned with IMO is the building of lean muscle. SO we need to get the reps down and do an anaerobic workout. Behind the neck pulldowns I can understand going light but most things should be "heavy" for the individual.

I agree... However, one can use high reps to fatigue to initiate growth. It will have a similar hypertrophic stimulus and cause the metabolic damage needed to stimulate hypertrophy. however the mechanical stress will not be as great and it may not produce the same level of muscular damage...heavy mechanical tension on the eccentric leads to greater muscular and if the diet is right, muscle damage will lead to hypertrophy.

Had a kickin' chest, shoulders and tris session!

Flat Neutral DB Press (15-20RP) 10+4+2 went up 5 lbs
Incline Fly WM
Naultilus Machine Shoulder Press(15-20RP) went up 10 lbs 10+5+3
Side Lateral WM
Dead Skulls (15-20RP) up 5lbs 10+4+2
Overhead Tri Ext WM

Runnin' with the IV gear stack now... left ol' ICL in the dust. Anyone wants to try ICL stuff, PM me.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to see everyone around here.
Life threw Brick a curve ball. Gotta have some surgery real soon to remove a suspicious "mass" in the tube that comes out of my right kidney (ureter) right above my bladder. It will be an out-patient procedure. I have my fingers crossed the biopsy will be a good one and not some aggressive MF that will take more aggressive treatment. Didn't even know something was wrong until I started peeing blood. Right now, I'm out of the gym and focused on beating this. I'll be poking my head in here though... wish me luck

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Goodluck brick you'll be in my thoughts and prayers keep us posted on ur results from the biopsy

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ohhhh brick I'm a good maid if u need one.
Fitniks tryin to drop water and lean up so shes suppose to do 5 reps sets and bulk for her show 2 weeks from now? Little late for her mass I think but I'm no personal trainer.and my sports ortho says behind neck pulldowns are deadly for the shoulders.Etc. Weird .I too love back/bi day Jim .. Thks for the tips guys ..
I had day off. Mindset in the gutter persay.. Rain and grey sky doesn't help.
T glad u tossed up a good arm workout for brutha Brick ! I'm hitting legs for
him tomorrow.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Damn Brick wish u well. Arm day
rope pushdown 3x12 wu
super 1 one arm push down overhand grip x12 into dip machine 12,10,8,8 last two sets negatives with partner assist. 150% of max 4 super sets
super 2 pronated kickbacks x8 into ez bar ext/crusher on incline x8 4 super sets

db curls 2 sets wu

seated db curls palms up 3sec decent x8 into preacher x8 4 super sets

super 4 ez bar curl 3 sec decent x8 into reverse ez curl x6 (lol)spent 4 super sets.

had trouble drinking my shake when done pump was insane!!!!