©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hey guys. Hit up some chest and back today before work. Fucking left shoulder has been bugging me so I didn't go crazy with weight. Knocked out 3 sets of decline bench with my first set at 345 for 11 reps. That's it for chest thought about doing some dips but saved it all for back. Did 3 sets of wide pulldowns up to 160 for 12 then a few with my MAG handle at 235 205 and 190. Did 3 sets on db rows with both done at the same time. 80 65 and 50 for 8 to 10 each.
THEN... Fucking deadlift bitches. 135 for 5. 225 for 3 and 315 for a single. I was pumped! Could a got 405, I know it.
#vikingstrength

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Did some back tonight as well.
Switching up from a hypertrophy phase to more strength. 2.5-3 min rest.
Increase weight each set.

Reverse Grip Pulldowns 4x6-8
Barbell Rows 4x6-8
TBar Rows 4x6-8
DB Pullovers 3x12 (3 second negatives, 1 second pause at bottom)
Seated Cable Rows 7x12 (executed FST-7 style - 30 second rests, stretch/iso contraction between sets)
Miller time.

Fitnik13

Oct 10, 2013
Southwest
Back: 5 sets of 15; wide grip pull downs, seated rows, smith machine bent over rows, cable lat pulls, v-grip pulldowns, and one arm DB row

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
High Knees - 2 sets of 30 seconds
Squat Jumps - 3 sets of 10 reps
Squats - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
Sprints- 4 sets of 40 yards

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah we gotta keep Fitnik in line with any training assistance cause she's got madd motivation ..

Leg day late! Ugh.. Basic preexhaust quad , hamstrings, lower back movements 5 sets each x 2 variations then on to angled leg press working up to the 1050 range and drop setting back to 5 plates.. Was spent but hit 6 sets a calves and did some stretching with the inner and outer hip machines .
Hey T are you dressed up as Herman munster today? I'm Lurch..Grim can be Tarzan in his leather thong from his stripping days .. :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
yeah we gotta keep fitnik in line with any training assistance cause she's got madd motivation ..

Leg day late! Ugh.. Basic preexhaust quad , hamstrings, lower back movements 5 sets each x 2 variations then on to angled leg press working up to the 1050 range and drop setting back to 5 plates.. Was spent but hit 6 sets a calves and did some stretching with the inner and outer hip machines .
Hey t are you dressed up as herman munster today? I'm lurch..grim can be tarzan in his leather thong from his stripping days .. :)
:p

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
nA i'D GO AS UNCLE FESTER. i HAVE THE SAME HAIR STYLE. Oops sorry hit the caps lock. Good arm day about 25 sets or so total. Taking baby trick or treatin at 3. Talk soon , T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sitting here with a tear in my eye. All my gym rats hitting back. Gives me a good feeling inside. Nothing like a thick back for that power look.

What happens when Brick takes a Mobic and a little dmso on that rusty shoulder? He gets a great shoulder workout in. No crazy poundages but no screaming "holy shit, that hurt" either!

No Halloween tonight, got storms instead.

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Very cool guys!!
Had decent chest day / Cardio
Incline / decline 4x 8. Drop sets off 305 . Shoulder acheage tonite so that got me started off bad.
Pec dec / held reps 4x 13
Db hex press / flys. 4x 12 Crappy 65 tops but good pump at least .
Accutrainer cable incline flies and standing cable crossovers < 1970s movement . Lol.
Ate a lot a candy and coulda hit a lot a slin for sure..

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Good morning guys happy Friday :)
Shoulder day
Started with hammer strength presses 5x12
Side lateral raises 5x20 held each rep to burn shoulders
Front lateral raises same as above with the hold
Dumbbell shrugs 5x30 holding every rep at the top to just burn out traps
Reverse peck deck to finish them off
Have a great Friday everyone and hit that iron hard :)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Just back in from the Friday gun show. My training partner loves arm training so he pushed me hard.

jim: I like holding those shrugs at the top too. Pull high and hold. Really hits em hard and makes them burn.

Everyone have a great Friday.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Just back in from the Friday gun show. My training partner loves arm training so he pushed me hard.

jim: I like holding those shrugs at the top too. Pull high and hold. Really hits em hard and makes them burn.

Everyone have a great Friday.

Right thats why i use dumbells. I do 10 shrugs both shoulders holding each one and after that i hold my left shoulder in the up position while doing ten more reps with the right then switch to holding my right shoulder up doing 10 reps with my left. Then 10-15 more reps together. Gets the traps really pumped bro.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hey hey hey!! Good to see u guys hittin it hard on a friday. .im still outa town livin the good life .. T = slacker?.lol. im gone and whole shabang amiss!
Fitnik13. u better be postin and not crampin silly.. :)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Right thats why i use dumbells. I do 10 shrugs both shoulders holding each one and after that i hold my left shoulder in the up position while doing ten more reps with the right then switch to holding my right shoulder up doing 10 reps with my left. Then 10-15 more reps together. Gets the traps really pumped bro.

Hey Jim, sounds good. I've always mostly shrugged both at the same time when using dumbbells. I have done a variation where I sit at the very end on a bench, put a plate on the other end of the bench for some stability, brace myself by holding the bench with my free arm, then using the other arm, shrug the dumbell up. Sitting down keeps it super strict and using one arm at a time, I can pull that weight high and hold. I like your idea, I'm always looking for new ways to hit traps.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Hey Jim, sounds good. I've always mostly shrugged both at the same time when using dumbbells. I have done a variation where I sit at the very end on a bench, put a plate on the other end of the bench for some stability, brace myself by holding the bench with my free arm, then using the other arm, shrug the dumbell up. Sitting down keeps it super strict and using one arm at a time, I can pull that weight high and hold. I like your idea, I'm always looking for new ways to hit traps.

Traps do not get used for much else so the more ideas we share the better. I find changing it up especially with traps makes them grow like weeds! I am gonna incorporate some of your training methods as well. I trained at a different gym today and that helps to because of the different variety of machines to train with. At this gym we have a shrug machine that iso's each trap... Its pretty cool too. Even though it wasn't a shoulder day today it was my back day :) Just thought i would share some more ideas

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Bad ass idea jim! I too love new ideas and thats why we are here at team brick.
Ill be thinkn of u horizontal two days Grim as im out doin oj simpson cardio all day = running around not killing.lol.
Brick are u on recovery today and wheres brother turbobusa?
And we know Atom,, at the girlfriends , shockerrrr.. lol.
Have a good sat whatever you are doing .. :)