©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Stay tuned.. Shoulder / trap session soon.. Nice work guys!
Security went off well. My piece stayed in my pocket .. T don't always think dirty.. I'm innocent..

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Awesome brother. What type of bench angle do you use for your incline work?
As far as discontinuing a brand, hell, do whatever your gut tells you man.

It depends for me, for these I was using a 30 degree incline. I do not go higher than 30 degrees because I feel too much delt activation before hitting shoulders. I like doing low incline bench press (I would estimate it is about 20 degrees) with a barbell but also go up to around 30 degrees. With BB pressing exercises I prefer to take the bar to just above my nipple line. Too low and I feel it in my tris too much and too high and I can't go heavy enough

Yeah I think I am going to put that stuff on the shelf until I hear he is GTG. I am set with my other goods though, so no issues with cutting anything short.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Stay tuned.. Shoulder / trap session soon.. Nice work guys!
Security went off well. My piece stayed in my pocket .. T don't always think dirty.. I'm innocent..

Just blanks anyway. :p

It depends for me, for these I was using a 30 degree incline. I do not go higher than 30 degrees because I feel too much delt activation before hitting shoulders. I like doing low incline bench press (I would estimate it is about 20 degrees) with a barbell but also go up to around 30 degrees. With BB pressing exercises I prefer to take the bar to just above my nipple line. Too low and I feel it in my tris too much and too high and I can't go heavy enough...

Cool. Same here I prefer. With DBs I'll use like 15-20 degrees, 45 degrees for me - way too much deltoid, but the incline benches with BB at my place are welded to that 45 angle. I can bring the bar to the collarbone but as I get older I get wiser and my delts complain about the overstretch now. I bring my grip in slightly on inclines too, hits more inner upper for me.

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Cool. Same here I prefer. With DBs I'll use like 15-20 degrees, 45 degrees for me - way too much deltoid, but the incline benches with BB at my place are welded to that 45 angle. I can bring the bar to the collarbone but as I get older I get wiser and my delts complain about the overstretch now. I bring my grip in slightly on inclines too, hits more inner upper for me.

After I posted I went around looking at some studies looking at muscle activation and this hand position was proven to stimulate the the pec more towards the clavicle... so what you found true through experience has been validated by science :)

I actually put a portable bench inside the cage and do my incline presses there... It also allows me to go to absolute failure because I set the safety pins right at my chest, essentially so they would make a line through my chest just below where the bar would fall, so if I come off my normal ROM (like bring the bar lower on my chest) I can drop it on the pins

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
hooked up with an old training partner this afternoon for the gun show. Drop sets on the triceps. Burn baby, burn!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hit the local Golds gym in town to advance my friendship book today..
Shoulders and trap and im still in the groove of iron ecstacy ..
Cardio 30min
Front delt 3 types of exercises x 3 sets each to 15rep
Swole..
Side delts 3 ' '
Swole
Rear delts ' '
Real swole now
Shoulder presses ' '
Too swole now
Traps and then left the club one more than good looking individual..
Turbo where are thou?.

Nice work guys! Im a 20% incline bencher too.

Have a great weekend !!! :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
After I posted I went around looking at some studies looking at muscle activation and this hand position was proven to stimulate the the pec more towards the clavicle... so what you found true through experience has been validated by science :)

I actually put a portable bench inside the cage and do my incline presses there... It also allows me to go to absolute failure because I set the safety pins right at my chest, essentially so they would make a line through my chest just below where the bar would fall, so if I come off my normal ROM (like bring the bar lower on my chest) I can drop it on the pins

I just hit 'like' for the part where I was right. :)
KIDDING!

Yeah, I'm with you on using the portable incline there. I'm going to be working more strength/power in a couple weeks, so I'll be spending more time than ever in the rack. I work alone 99.999% of the time, so I'll be using those pins!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Will prolly post tonight's ham/quad workout later or early morning. Not sitting much at the PC tonight, have to do some 'damage control' and ice/foam roll the wheels so I don't tighten up. I did kill it though, strength was up again, my endurance is amazing now, I really don't know why but anyway, had my PWO hydro whey then went out with the family for dinner. The kids had pancakes. Damn those looked good. Broiled salmon over rice with a side or two of broccoli had to get the job done for yours truly though.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
mmmm... pancakes. That took some tough mindset Grim!
Damn straight!! LOL
Although, I'm having breakfast shortly so all's good:
10 egg whites, 3 whole eggs
1 bagel w/ cream cheese
2 slices ezekiel bread
2 slices turkey bacon
8 oz O.J.
1 serving ezekiel cereal - almond made with water and w/splenda
coffee
Going for about 6-7000 cal today (this breakfast is typical though). I'm really in need of food. :D

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That is cool Grim. Well let's see uh IB is doing back Grim is "recovering"
AA getting it done. Brickster? Me -nice bi-tri day . about 20 sets total./
No supersetting today. straight tri work then bi. Watched Robert Vick casually take 8 plates on the bench for an easy single. What is that like 765?
Kinda stout... Feeling more and more like my old self every day.
About to make the ultimate lazy fuck (as far as cooking) muscle recovery special.
96%lean steak tar tar.. Umm Um easy... Waiting on that back report IB.
Everyone have a great night and tomorrow. Thanks , T..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hello Bricks club of muscle!
Hey T you dam well know it.! I jacked some serious back AFTER walking 2.3 miles to the gym so I was plenty warmed up. Nice day for it.
Wide chins and holy cow I got 6 full chins with my carcass and repaired shoulder ! Great improvement of the 2-3 i used to get plus I'm a tad heavier.. Crazy.. Loved the HS iso plate loaded machines and then hit cable rows with rope, v grip vertical pulldowns and really held the contraction for one helluva pump.. Dumbell rows to stretch out, and did assisted chins to drain all the energy i had from my one scrawny meal i burnt off on the walk there..
So I took the metro bus back .. Who cares? Lol. Is it daylight saving?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest and Tri's today. I changed things up a little.

Started with Hammer strength chest heavy 5x12 Super set Dips

Moved to free weight dumbbell Fly's 3x12 super set tri pushdowns

Peck deck 5x12 super set skull crushers

Free motion incline flys 3x12 super set tri kickbacks

Free motion decline flys super set tri kick backs

20 minutes of cardio and i felt blasted all done in less than 90 minutes :)

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
What the heck ? Where's everyone?
Blasted arms for the walking gun show again . Loved the reverse grip smith tricep movement I added and had a swell of a good time with Dàaken playing thru the budds.. Even had Ratt going loud.. Halibut steaks over black rice if she'd get her lazy caboose cookin..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took the weekend off... didn't want to get too huge for Halloween lol!
Headed to the gym in a few to hit chest. Its going to take a few minutes to warm up this shoulder. Feels stiff and painful today. Fuck it, I'm training.
Looking forward to that extra hour of sleep next Sunday.