©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Great to hear T!

Had me a rocking chest, shoulders and tris workout. Felt out of this world and broke my logbook in stunning fashion on all exercises. I was feeling badass, so not only did I do my regular RP sets, after I did my Rp sets I did a minimum of two drops and at each drops I did a minimum of two RP sets. Felt so damn good. My shoulders looked stacked after training. Still sitting around 6.8%-6.9% bodyfat...

Incline Db bench (15-20RP) 10+5+2
Scoop Fly WM
Smith Behind the Neck Shoulder Press (15-20RP) Went up in weight 9+5+3
Side Lateral Descending WM
Decline Close Grip Smith Bench (15-20RP) 11+6+4
Overhead Tricep Ext WM

Work is freaking crazy right now...just taking a little break. I am so happy I am training in the AM anymore. Start the day off right!!!!!!

abs32

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Great to hear T!

Had me a rocking chest, shoulders and tris workout. Felt out of this world and broke my logbook in stunning fashion on all exercises. I was feeling badass, so not only did I do my regular RP sets, after I did my Rp sets I did a minimum of two drops and at each drops I did a minimum of two RP sets. Felt so damn good. My shoulders looked stacked after training. Still sitting around 6.8%-6.9% bodyfat...

Incline Db bench (15-20RP) 10+5+2
Scoop Fly WM
Smith Behind the Neck Shoulder Press (15-20RP) Went up in weight 9+5+3
Side Lateral Descending WM
Decline Close Grip Smith Bench (15-20RP) 11+6+4
Overhead Tricep Ext WM

Work is freaking crazy right now...just taking a little break. I am so happy I am training in the AM anymore. Start the day off right!!!!!!

Do you feel like your work outs are better due to the am hormonal response or the lighter stomach? Just curious I may have to switch my training around too and kind of wondering how I will be setting up my peri work out nutrition and the timing of meal one.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Do you feel like your work outs are better due to the am hormonal response or the lighter stomach? Just curious I may have to switch my training around too and kind of wondering how I will be setting up my peri work out nutrition and the timing of meal one.

My workouts are better because I train better with minimal food in me. Studies have actually shown that mid afternoon training is the optimal time to train. The AM hormonal response is negligible being on HRT IMO...

Dude, YOU HAVE A COACH.... Work with him on your peri-workout nutrition. These are the things you should ask him. Seriously, I am not being a dick, you are disrespecting Shelby by not asking him and taking advice from a forum instead. He NEEDS to know what you are doing to ensure you get the results you want.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I agree with Atom on the light stomach. Carbs and any fat weigh me down right before the workout. I do better with some protein and that's about it.

Had a good back day today brothers. Started out a little slow (sitting at the desk all morning) but came alive about 15 minutes into it. Finished with a bang and good pump. Reminded me why I train.

abs32

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
My workouts are better because I train better with minimal food in me. Studies have actually shown that mid afternoon training is the optimal time to train. The AM hormonal response is negligible being on HRT IMO...

Dude, YOU HAVE A COACH.... Work with him on your peri-workout nutrition. These are the things you should ask him. Seriously, I am not being a dick, you are disrespecting Shelby by not asking him and taking advice from a forum instead. He NEEDS to know what you are doing to ensure you get the results you want.

This is for off season NOTHING to do with shelby's prep. But definitely agree on the respect aspect there. Just wanted to shoot some ideas... :confused:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
This is for off season NOTHING to do with shelby's prep. But definitely agree on the respect aspect there. Just wanted to shoot some ideas... :confused:

You need to be clear then.

OK, so my goal is to increase lean mass and promote recovery without fat gain. A bolus dose of BCAAs and EAAs will create a high insulogenic response (study has shown that a 30g dose of EAAs has a higher insulogenic response than 30g dose of glucose!). With this in mind I wake up and slam an EAA/BCAA mix and have a pre-workout drink. The insulogenic response stops catabolism and promotes protein synthesis.

Then, during training I take in another 25g EAA, 20g BCAA and 10g glutamine along with 40g HBCDs (or karboload). Post workout I have 75g carbs and 75g proteins. Post - post workout (90 minutes post) I have 40g carbs and 65g ptoein and 10g fat.

That give you some ideas? See, I ain't and asshole lol

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Went to the gym this morning after working 12 hours. Normally does not go well but I needed to blow of some steam from work so it felt good.

Blasted chest shoulders and tris in 30 min.
I'm telling you guys... if you could train with me ONE time you'd change your tune forever regarding volume.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Back and traps, full blown outa sorts reckless abandonment with no regards to weights used.. Which means I tore the shit up in the 1.5 hr time allowed before I hit the airport.. Fuk Atom don't be a softy we are all dicks because it's true truth as what we read as put forth to us. Abs knows now his reckless off the wall future plans need to be told so no one is not to assume. Lol. If abs would only post what he did in today's workout session now.. This isn't some mini forum .
Hey Tri T id love to train a week bro with ya. Always teach this old dawg new tricks. Brick I'm back at it, can you tell.?. Lol ..Turbo u Hittin the electronic 8- track still..? I got u a KISS live 8-track . Love gun..??

Last edited:

abs32

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
You need to be clear then.

OK, so my goal is to increase lean mass and promote recovery without fat gain. A bolus dose of BCAAs and EAAs will create a high insulogenic response (study has shown that a 30g dose of EAAs has a higher insulogenic response than 30g dose of glucose!). With this in mind I wake up and slam an EAA/BCAA mix and have a pre-workout drink. The insulogenic response stops catabolism and promotes protein synthesis.

Then, during training I take in another 25g EAA, 20g BCAA and 10g glutamine along with 40g HBCDs (or karboload). Post workout I have 75g carbs and 75g proteins. Post - post workout (90 minutes post) I have 40g carbs and 65g ptoein and 10g fat.

That give you some ideas? See, I ain't and asshole lol

Lol that is pretty similar to the lay out I was going to run... got some ideas from John Meadows with cyclic dextrins, EAA/BCAA, L-glutamine, and hydro Isolates. Except I won't be running my carbs as high though... staying leaner this off season.

abs32

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Back and traps, full blown outa sorts reckless abandonment with no regards to weights used.. Which means I tore the shit up in the 1.5 hr time allowed before I hit the airport.. Fuk Atom don't be a softy we are all dicks because it's true truth as what we read as put forth to us. Abs knows now his reckless off the wall future plans need to be told so no one is not to assume. Lol. If abs would only post what he did in today's workout session now.. This isn't some mini forum .
Hey Tri T id love to train a week bro with ya. Always teach this old dawg new tricks. Brick I'm back at it, can you tell.?. Lol ..Turbo u Hittin the electronic 8- track still..? I got u a KISS live 8-track . Love gun..??

IB I could fuck up a wet dream!! lol its all good

Todays work out was delts touching back.

Seated side laterals: 25x15, 30x12,45x12, 55x12, 65x12
Rear lateral raises: 25x15, 25x15, 30x12, 35x12
Reverse cable flys: 30x15, 40x15, 50x15, 50x15
Machine shoulder press: did 5 sets to failure around the 12-15 rep range.
Meadow's 6-ways: 20x8, 20x8, 30x8, 30x8
Assisted pull up machine: 6 sets to failure 10+ reps timed eccentric 6 seconds... sucked ass
Meadows rows: 135x12, 185x12x 225x8 repeat.

HIIT cardio 20 minutes post.

So hungry could eat the ass out of a skunk right now but work out went great... started light halo pre work out this week... talk about a difference.

:food-smiley-004:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Damn good back training today.....

Hammer curls (20-30RP) 16+7+4
BB Curls (15-20RP) 9+4+2
Nautilus Plate Loaded Pulldowns (15-20RP) 9+5+3
BB Bent Rows 5x6
Freemotion 1-arm pulldown WM
Low cable Row WM
Spider Curl WM

Time to do homework...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Arms and misc today. Still easing in up top. maybe start some upper large group work in the next couple weeks. Sounds like most of you got your mojo going for training. Very cool. Check back later... T

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Day off today bruthas..i have to rebuild this temple after yesterdays shoulder session. Im changing tempo and its challenging my mind to stay focused.. turn and burn them guys.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good shoulder session today. I don't go real heavy anymore. The old joint just grinds, so I shoot for intensity, really squeezing the weight. Now the traps... the 'ol dog still goes heavy.

Make some noise in the gym brothers!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Arms /misc was pretty good. Slow and steady. Legs tomorrow.

I'm gonna jump it up a bit carefully. Can't wait for real w/o s to be here.
funny making great gains and natty. could probably do that for a while.
eating well and resting pretty good now. Have to finish some N.L. #10
stuff tonight. Have a good one wherever and whenever. T

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Taking things slow been out of the gym since July and rehabing a bad shoulder doing light cardio and a little legs to get back in the swing of things still have some nagging injuries that need to heal fully, been natty since Masters and just enjoying life with the family, but ready to get the extra pounds I but on back off

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Crazy busy at work this week guys... really putting in the time and getting shit done. The madness will end soon. Gonna be working until midnight tomorrow, 8AM-midnight...but still getting in my AM training

Today was a wicked wheel day. I actually couldn't walk up my stairs so i just sat there for 15 minutes until I could move.

Seated calf Raises 4x10 with deep stretch DC style
Seated Leg Curls 1x15, 4x12 slow negative, pause at the top 1 sec squeeze at bottom
Russian Knee Curls (15-20RP) 12+6+3
BB Squats (went up 10 pounds on all sets) 1x10, 1x8, 2x6
Hack Squat Widowmaker
Leg Extenstion Drop Set did 6 drops