©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
OK guys... So I haven't been all weekend because I was with my girl... she is just as adamant about training as I am. I trained back on Saturday while she trained shoulders.

This was my last week on this program because I am going to a more HIT style while school is going on and this will still allow me to hit each body part twice per week.

I did a massive row-a-thon and worked on lower back and traps a good bit. Meadows, volume style... straight beastly.

Sunday, she was tired and rested and I trained legs in the evening. SICK session. I was pretty surprised because we drank a lot of wine on Saturday haha.

Monday I worked chest, shoulders and tris HIT style. I am using similar rep schemes and layouts as DC, but with a few individual variations. It feels good to get back into a RP routine. I am pretty sore today so I know it was a positive change for me.

The chicken we cooked on Saturday was delicious. As promised here is the recipe:

Chicken Codon Bleu

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (10-12 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed (we left the whole breast intact and pounded them thin - gotta get your protein)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese (we used swiss)
1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs (we used Panko)
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or thyme
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons chopped ham (about 1/2 ounce)

***We didn't use salt, we used Borsari seasoning instead. Added an awesome flavor to it you wouldn't get with salt***

Preparation

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley (or thyme) and 1 teaspoon oil in another bowl.
Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so the pieces are touching. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham, then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good to see ya here at the "hangout" Elvia. Be legs tomorrow .
Hope you all had a good weekend . My own was great. Slowed down and enjoyed family and friends without the flight of the bumble bee playing in the back ground. Let's make it a great week folks..... T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yesterday was Day 2 of my HIT routine, biceps and back. You guys are going to think I am off my rocker, but I know my recovery ability and have the nutrition thing down pretty good, so don't think this is just something I threw together. I want to test myself and see what i can do...I'll never know if I don't try. Live and learn, right?

So here it goes...

Hammer curls: 24 reps rest-paused
BB Curls: 19 reps rest-pauses
Nautilus Plate Loaded pulldown: 19 reps rest-pauses
BB Bent Rows: 2 x10 then 3x7
Freemotion V-pulldown widowmaker: 19 reps
Low cable Rows Widowmaker: 21 reps
Db Spirder Curl Widowmaker: 22 reps

Awesome workout. Back and biceps were sore this morning.

Legs tonight then I start AM training

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I love those back and bicept training sessions bro. Hit chest and tris this morning was amazing.
Dumbell bench 5x12 reps superset dips
Incline hammer strength bench 5x12 superset with skull crushers
Free weight flys 5x20 reps superset cable push downs
Finished with pec deck and triceps kick backs.

All done in 1 hr :)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I've had 3 good sessions in a row so I am going to rest today... with a little luck, get outside into some fresh air and cut grass........ again

Make some noise with that iron brothers!

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Hit back today-

Bent rows
One arm HS rows
Chins
Machine row

Less volume but upped the intensity on the sets. I thought I was going to break the HS row. haha

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Been at it and moving mrs ib to her girlfriends so i can save gas and jump bed to bed
Lets see killer legs labor day chest tuesday and did arms wed before moving furniture as the human fork lift my brother Turbobusa calls it.. he was suppose to help but only moves huge aquariums with shoulder issue..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I went to make a post last night but something on my computer glitched and is got erased...

So last night was my last night of training in the evening. With the program I am experimenting with, some of you guys are going to say WTF!?! But as I've said before, you never know your limits until you test them at the extreme.

This is just plain masochism... I love it.

So last night went a little something like this:

I trained at the gold's with only two squat racks and the J-hooks were broke on one of the racks so I was stuck waiting and got pretty pissed... It fueled me.

Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets reverse pyramid done DC style with a 10 second stretch at the bottom

Seated Leg Curls: 4x12 with one second squeeze and deadstop at the top

Russian Leg curls (15-20RP): Bodyweight got 9+5+2

Squats: 1x10, 1x8, 1x7, 1x6 (went up 20lbs)

Hack Squats Close Stance: 1x10 and 1 x widowmaker <- this is a true DC widowmaker...drop dead, hunched over out of breath widowmaker. I got to 13 reps and then is was 2 reps, few breaths, 2 reps, few breats, 1 rep, 1 reps, 1 rep.... until I reached failure

Leg Extension Partials: did 12 full reps, then 8 partials, upped it 10lbs, as many partials as possible, upped it 10lbs, as many partials as possible and kept going until I couldn't do any more.

Sick!

This morning was chest shoulders and tris:

Low Incline Smith Bench (15-20RP) 11+5+3 then did two drops and maxed out my reps on each one

Db Scoop Flye Widowmaker: These are homonunculus creation and destroy your chest after heavy sets

Db Seated Shoulder press: (20-30RP) got 15+7+3 awesome set then did two drops

Db lateral raises widowmaker

Triceps Dips (15-20RP) got 9+4+2 then did three drops with max reps at each one

O/H Rope Triceps extension Widowmaker

felt great for a morning workout! I'm looking forward to getting to bed earlier from now on.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Today is a rest day for me. I love the rest days getting that extra sleep. My chest is rocked from yesterday's training session. After you been at this for so long I have to admit I look forward to the days that you can get a muscle that sore! Sure helps when you change up the routine and spark that extra growth ;)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Had another great workout this morning! I really like the charge this give to start my day.

Pinwheel Curls (20-30RP): got 14+6+3
Inclined Seated DB Curls (15-20RP): got 9+4+3
Behind the Neck Lat Pulldowns (15-20RP): got 9+5+3
Rack deads: 2x12, 1x7, 2x5
Freemotion V Pulldown widowmaker
Low cable stretch row widowmaker
Spider curl widowmaker

Hell of a way to start the day!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning ! hiiting --yep legs this morning after PT. Brick if you are reading this wanted to let you know that so far on the shoulder surgery i'm stoked!
I think about you and also Thunder46 with the shoulder issues.I believe the right surgeon and rehabb is what makes it work. Anyone know what IB's
Ass 's IQ is? Must me really high probably genius.:D
Gonna try for a modest Doozy ....... All have a great day.
Thx T..............

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sounds great T! Good to hear that.
I hit shoulders and traps yesterday. Woke up to a shoulder stiff and hurting like hell this AM. Woke me up throughout the night. Took a antiflammitory and its settled down. Going to hit guns later. I'm some tough piece of shit. lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Decent w/o short and sweet. Grand daughter coping Z'zzzzs.
gonna go lay down with her perfect little self. . Thx T

hellbilly

Oct 29, 2012
Hit arms today

Rope pushdowns
Close Grip bench
DB Lying extensions
Machine curls
Hammer Curls
Reverse curls

Heavy and hard then sat in traffic pounding my protein shake.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Ripped the shoulders up today.
Dumbbell presses 5x12
Side lateral raises 5x20
Front lateral raises 5x20
Reverse peck deck 5x20
Shrugs 5x30

Done in 45 minutes :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Fresh leg session! Great thing to get after right in the morning....

Warmed up walking for 10 minutes
Wanted to get some blood flowing so did some lunges, light calf raises and leg presses...now I was ready to rock
Leg press Toe Press: 3x 10-12 all sets with deep 10 second stretch at the bottom

Lying Leg curl: 4x 10-12 (paused at bottom)

Leg Press (close stance): 1x10, 1x8, 2x6 and one Widowmaker - felt so shaky after this one. My legs were on fire, it felt so good though

Stiff Legged Deads DC ascending pyramid style (no rest between jumps in weight: 225 (6 reps), 245 (6reps), 265 (6 reps) 285 (4 reps)

I was shaking. It took me a few minutes to collect myself.

I told my girl as soon as she gets here a massage is underway. Of course I promised to return the favor ;)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Nothing today. Other than some ptp. Legs tomorrow am.
Hope you guys have had a good week end. T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Warmed up with cables
Dumbbell Bench 5x 12-15 Super set Skull crushers
Hammer strength Bench 5x12-15 With drop sets at the end. Super set tricept push downs
Free motion flys superset dips 5x12-15 reps both
Ended with free weight flys heavy 65lb dumb bells 5x12
done in less than an hr