©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Been keeping on with 6 days a week full body with Sundays off, but wanted a little extra back, trap, and delt blast and got that today.

Lots of deadlifts, then chest supported incline DB shrugs, shoulder raise machine, and plenty of cable work to really make those delts burn.

Maintaining perfect adherence to carb backloading, looking and feeling leaner but gaining weight slowly. Maybe the clen and T3 are helping with that? Lol.

Two weeks until the wedding... I actually did cardio this morning. For a half hour! Now I know for sure that I love this woman.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
morning! start rehabbing shoulder next week. ib stay outta trouble down south. week after next gona ease into light leg abs and cardio
have a great day T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, I did that once years ago after hitting legs in a gym with no air conditioning. I lost my Taco Bell in the parking lot.

A sign of an excellent workout! Congratulations bro!!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Had a great arm session tonight before packing up and heading back home. I really enjoyed training at that gym but it is going to be nice to get back to home turf.

Off from work tomorrow so it is going to be a day of fun for me.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Omg.. Bricks changin outa an antique throne..sorry if i was near id do for free bro..Turbos doing dam things he knows better and need that corrected because dammit u dont wana go back under the knife and really get me out there quick..
Atom that is just plain barforamma..lol..triple glad you found the right one.. i thot i found mrs ib till i left my phone with shit service in this canyon im in. Lost my wearabouts and no clue her number as my name was jett..lol..so im moochin a tablet from a 6 score tonite till shes done workin at a ruthchris steak joint so i too can get some daily meat..
Ee

Went to a gym..so fu-fu it had hardwood floors i too dented by accident with a couple 100 lb db so i didnt hit my free smoothy.
I chekd in as C.Stroker.. girl said thanks mr stroker..i died as i walked out.. T gonna borrow a phone..south is hot ..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hey we all cant be gone outa state .lol well no gym today but was at a horse track nursing a 32 yr old russian filly but i hadnt gotten to study my russian series Rosetta stone so all i could do is rub ass to crotch during the race. T glad ure listenin to me and be ready for so cal flite coming to a city near u.
Brick u got the lou back flushin brown trouts bro?.if the waters too gold i cap and resell as prohormone tren bro.. ib

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
IB, I am king of my throne again. Less water going down the pipes too with this new model.

Bottling tren from piss? LMAO Some years ago I was training with a guy and he knew my doc had me on Androgel... well, after a set and my sweat was all on the bench, I would say, you wanna lay in that for a little boost? :D

Atom! Freakin' ripped! Nice!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Crushed back today... Top to bottom. I love the meadows rows using a landmine. Great stretch and angle of pull. I also like the lat pull down scapulae pull downs and stretchers they really ignite your back width.

Here is another pic from this morning:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375562742.978378.jpg

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Great arms and abs session. I saw one of my gym friends for the first time since I've been back in town and his first words were, "Holy shit, you got cut up quick!" Gotta love that Get Roids fat burner stack! If anyone had questions about the how well they work, well I'm your proof.

Between DC and MD training, I am not sure what I enjoy more. They both have their unique differences but both bring a ridiculous level of intensity.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit chest today pretty good. Had a good spot so I went heavy. The shoulder cooperated as much as it could. Looking forward to back tomorrow!

Atom, gotta love it when people notice your hard work with a compliment!

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I've blasting it lately in the gym working most parts three times a week with two heavy days per part.

Hit back today and bi's which a rarely work on the same day, just happened to fall that way today. I forgot how crazy the Bi pumps get on days like this.

TBar rows
Wide straight bar cable rows (pulling low below my belly button)
Hammer strength rows
Cable pull overs
Db pulls overs on decline bench

Biceps was pretty basic,
cambered bar curls on preacher bench
DB curls standing
Straight bar curls (my fav for mass)
Hammer DB curls

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, great to hear you got that shoulder cooperating! About fucking time.

E, that looks like a tasty little workout. I find it sexy.

So today was a killer leg blast. I'll lay this shit out because this is one of my favorite leg workouts

Seated Leg curls: 4x12 - 3 sec eccectric
BB Back Squats: work up to 6 rep max and then do 4 sets at that weight
Smith Machine Lunges: 4x12 (each leg 12 reps separately)
Leg Press: 1st set is a Rest-pause set using your 12 rep max / 2nd set is a Rest-pause set then three drops doing your max reps at each drop
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12-15 reps / 2nd set 10 partials / 3rd set 15 partials /4th set 20 partials
DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 x 12: 3 second negative and pause at the bottom

Try to hold food down and stretch.

My legs actually gave out on me after I sat down at the kitchen table and tried t get up. I honestly couldn't walk.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
Brick, great to hear you got that shoulder cooperating! About fucking time.

E, that looks like a tasty little workout. I find it sexy.

So today was a killer leg blast. I'll lay this shit out because this is one of my favorite leg workouts

Seated Leg curls: 4x12 - 3 sec eccectric
BB Back Squats: work up to 6 rep max and then do 4 sets at that weight
Smith Machine Lunges: 4x12 (each leg 12 reps separately)
Leg Press: 1st set is a Rest-pause set using your 12 rep max / 2nd set is a Rest-pause set then three drops doing your max reps at each drop
Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12-15 reps / 2nd set 10 partials / 3rd set 15 partials /4th set 20 partials
DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 x 12: 3 second negative and pause at the bottom

Try to hold food down and stretch.

My legs actually gave out on me after I sat down at the kitchen table and tried t get up. I honestly couldn't walk.

A lot more volume than DC. How do you like it? How long are your sessions now?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I honestly love long sessions- keeps me leaner. I respond better to volume anyways.

You saw from the pics I posted... this is definitely keeping my lean.

Weight training has a greater effect on EPOC than cardio anyway. Train heavy and frequently and your turn your body into a fat burning, muscle building blast furnace.

I don't necessarily respond better to volume, what I respond to is a change in stimulus. HIT for a while volume for a while... Find ways to continually induce muscular damage and feed the machine to keep growing.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
You saw from the pics I posted... this is definitely keeping my lean.

Weight training has a greater effect on EPOC than cardio anyway. Train heavy and frequently and your turn your body into a fat burning, muscle building blast furnace.

I don't necessarily respond better to volume, what I respond to is a change in stimulus. HIT for a while volume for a while... Find ways to continually induce muscular damage and feed the machine to keep growing.

I do volume but in any given time frame I am focusing my heaviest sets on one particular movement. So this is how I get my "change in stimulus"

Been trying to bring my delts up lately so last month my heavy heavy sets were only on lateral flys... I go heavy on a particular movement until I feel the strength gains plateau, then I move onto another movement to focus getting my numbers up on. Right now I am putting all of my heavy sets in on military barbell press

This has been keeping the gains very steady for me as of the past 7 months.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I do volume but in any given time frame I am focusing my heaviest sets on one particular movement. So this is how I get my "change in stimulus"

Been trying to bring my delts up lately so last month my heavy heavy sets were only on lateral flys... I go heavy on a particular movement until I feel the strength gains plateau, then I move onto another movement to focus getting my numbers up on. Right now I am putting all of my heavy sets in on military barbell press

This has been keeping the gains very steady for me as of the past 7 months.

In other words, heavy PROGRESSIVE training. IMO, that is the key to continued growth. And I've said it before, progression can occur along numerous fronts, but if you aren't thinking in terms progression (in weight, volume, frequency or intensity) then you are not going to provide the stimulus to continue to grow. The stimulus has to be greater, which can come from heavier weights, higher levels of intensity or more frequent training, or be a change in the activation pattern, which occurs from changing exercises, rep schemes (e.g. changing going from light to heavy to heavy to light) and techniques or order of exercises.