©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis and tris as planned. St bar curls, reverse grip st bar curls, one arm db preachers, low pulley cable curls...closegrip benches, closegrip cable pressdowns, pressdowns shoulder width grip, one arm reverse grip pressdowns, overhead db extensions...few sets of calves at the end too. Happy 4th bros!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Shoulders and traps today. Machine presses ss with machine side laterals, arnold presses ss with db shoulder presses, bb front raises ss with db side laterals, seated reverse flyes...upright rows ss with reverse overhead db laterals, lots of heavy st bar shrugs. Off day tomorrow i think

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Incline hammer chest to warm up

Smith machine flat presses heavy

Peck deck superset incline presses

Cable crossovers

40 minutes cardio and done

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
hit some guns today, early. Went well and i felt good. May move my workouts to mornings before the chemo fatigue really hits me.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Day off yesterday...chest and back before work today. Flat db presses, incline flyes, decline db presses...rear chins, seated cable rows widegrip, seated cable rows underhand closegrip

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took the day off today. Not worried because I had 3 in a row. Planning on a back workout tomorrow. May just do that early like I did many years ago. I used to be up early and in the gym deadlifting at 6:00 AM. That'll wake you up!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Wide grip pull downs

Seated incline rows

Close grip pull downs

Bent over rows

Lower back extensions

40 minutes cardio and done

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Light deads, t-bars, cable rows and narrow grip pull downs today. Knocked those out early today.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit it twice today.
4am was bis and tris
330pm was wheels...legs are freaken jello right now, hard time walking.lol

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Delts and traps after work. Seated db presses, low pulley front raises, db side laterals...reverse overhead db laterals, upright rows, bb shrugs. I know many ppl badmouth using straps, but recently I've been using them for bb shrugs...and let me tell you it makes a big difference. You can use a lot more weight while keeping proper form. My traps actually burn after 4-5 sets using more weight with straps...something that rarely happens without them. My forearm strength is fine with all i do, so i dont feel like I'm cheating myself in any way...my traps are growing much faster than they ever did before, just from implementing straps. If u havent tried it, give it a shot!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took the day off today and took a good walk in the sun and worked on my vitamin D

Matt, I'm right there with you on the straps with BB shrugs. I've used them for years and you are right, the weight you use is way up which means much bigger traps. You can really focus on pulling the weight vs. trying to hang on.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Destroyed chest and back today. 10 sets flat benches hitting 1rm at set 7 then did 3 at 10 rep weight, 3 sets incline db presses, 3 ss machine flyes with machine decline presses last set drop set...widegrip cable pulldowns front, widegrip pulldowns rear, closegrip pulldowns, reverse closegrip pulldowns, pulldowns with triangle bar all of those 3 sets each, then tbar rows ss with machine rows 3 rounds. Awesome pump from that one :headbang:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
After yesterdays session i decided i wanted to blast the shit outta my arms today too.

Biceps:
st. bar curls x 2 sets
st. bar curls using arm blaster x 3 sets
reverse grip st bar curls x 3
seated incline cable curls x 3
machine curls dropsets x 3
alt db curls dropsets x 2

Triceps:
weighted bench dips x 5 sets
cable press downs ss with one arm overhead eb extensions x 3 (last round dropsets)
machine tricep extensions ss with overhead db extensions x 3 (last round dropsets)
closegrips benches x 3 last set dropset

Hope the weekend is treatin you brothers good!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Just did shoulders and traps a little bit ago..

Delts:
Rear bb presses x 3 sets
front bb presses x 3
db side lateral raises ss with machine shoulder presses 3 rounds
bb front lateral raises ss with seated reverse flyes 3 rounds

Traps:
upright bb rows x 3
rear bb shrugs x 3
front bb shrugs x 4
db side shrugs running down the rack, each weight till failure 3 rounds

Then did 6 sets of forearm wrist curls and 3 sets horizontal leg lifts for abs

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wheels today

Lunges x 3 sets
squats x 4
one leg leg presses x 3
leg extensions x 4
hamstring leg curls x 3
calf raises on leg press sled x 8 various foot posistions

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
hit chest today. It wasn't great, but considering I'm in the 3rd week of chemo, it was DAMN GOOD.