©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis, tris and traps today. St bar curls, reverse curls st bar, low pulley cable curls drop sets...closegrip benches on smith machine, cable pressdowns st bar drop sets, cable pressdowns with rope supersetted with overhead db extensions...closegrip shrugs smith machine, rear widegrip shrugs smith, db side shrugs drop sets. All exercises 3 sets/rounds. Went to my buddies gym with him for a change of pace, glad i did was an awesome session :headbang:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest, back and delts. Incline db presses, flat db flyes, db pullovers...widegrip bb rows standing on bench for added extension, widegrip cable pulldowns, closegrip underhand cable pulldowns...bb military press behind neck, bb press front, side db lateral raises

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Quads and hams today

Extensions pyramids with partials last two sets
Seated leg curl same as above
Sissy 4 straight sets
Rdl 4 straight sets
Leg press pyramids with partials top two sets then reverse pyramid back down with more reps than the way ip

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Had a rough time yesterday. Felt nauseous all day and was throwing up all training session... I grunted out some decent set but it was far from my best performance.

Seated Leg Curls 6 sets pyramiding up to get a pump
BB Back Squats - worked up to my heavy sets of 365 and did sets 8, 7, 7. I was shooting for all sets of 8 but fell short.
Banded Squats - 3 sets of 20+ reps. really didn't count just went until I couldn't lock it out anymore.

Leg press - 6 sets of 15

Bulgarian Split Squats - 4 sets of 12 on each leg

Super set
Lying Leg Curls - 5 sets of 10, with 3 drops and partials on the last set
Seated Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 15 with drop sets on sets 4 and 5 and partials on set 5.

Nothing fancy but it was really all my body could handle. Someone that most of you probably know from podcasts and stuff is the head trainer there and he works with my girl and he let me use his blood glucose meter, blood sugar was in the 60s. I found out that liver cancer reduces glucogenesis so you can go hypo very easily... this probably contributed to how shitty I felt.

I'm feeling a little better today and we are going to hit chest, shoulders and tris later.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, you are made of iron. I admire your toughness. Can you keep a carb drink handy now you know going hypo is a possibility?

I hit chest yesterday. Nothing to write home about but I did it anyway and felt better. Bench, dumbbell presses, flyes and pec deck.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis and tris this morning before work. Db curls, seated concentrations, hammer curls...weighted bench dips, db kickbacks, overhead db extensions.

I've decided its time to kick myself in the ass to put on some more size now that summer is here. I've been hitting the gym hard on the weekend, and doing other stuff at home a couple days a week. But lets face it, at home workouts cant produce the same results as the gym (unless you have a nice home setup, which i dont...just dumbells.lol)

I am going to start getting up at 4 am and hit the gym up before work(started today) a minimum of 3 times per week, then my usual heavy days on sat and sun. I hope to put on another 10 lbs of muscle by sept with this. Not gonna lie tho, i fucking hate getting up this early and it's gonna take some serious willpower not to keep hitting snooze.lol. I'm sure it will all be worth it in the long run...

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest and back bright and early...flat bb benches, machine incline flyes, decline machine press. Seated cable rows widegrip, then underhand closegrip, tbar rows.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Skull crushers

Standing db curls

Hammer strength tri push downs

Hammer strength preacher curls

Rope pull downs

Reverse barbell curls

Cable curls and tri extensions to burnout

40 minutes cardio and done

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Delts, traps and calves today. Seated db shoulder presses, front lateral raises ezbar, side db lateral raises, seated reverse flyes...upright rows, closegrip shrugs ezbar, db side shrugs running down the rack till failure every weight...3 sets calf raises on leg press toes pointed inwards, 3 sets toes outward, 3 sets feet straight

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis, tris and legs. St bar curls, reverse grip curls, closegrip preachers, machine curls dropsets...skullcrushers ss with closegrip benches, overhead extensions ez bar, reverse grip cable pressdowns ss with standard pressdowns...squats, lunges, leg extensions and hamstring/leg curls. Have a good saturday brothers!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Training's going good. I'm enjoying it again and I'm off all drugs except TRT. Still doing it myself till I go back to the Doc on the first for my lab results.
Then hopefully I'll get a script and thats all I plan on doing from now on.

Delts and Calves yesterday lots of pumping and just enjoying the feel and look.

Quads and hams today.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
5th day straight for me today, think tomorrow i'll take off to recover. Earlier was chest, back, and traps again-gonna start doin traps 2-3 times a week, one heavy day and then a few extra sets tacked on the end of other workouts. I have a sort of longer looking neck so wanna build my traps up more.

Incline bb presses, flat flyes ss with same weight db presses, decline db presses, pullovers...rear chins (bar behind neck), widegrip front cable pulldowns, closegrip underhand pulldowns-last set drop set all weights till failure...rear bb shrugs x 2, front bb shrugs x 3. All other exercises 3-4 sets each

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Rest day today, with the exception of some at home calf raises. Did 4 sets one leg holding db, and 6 sets bodyweight at an angle against the wall. Believe it or not i got a great calf pump from it...did them until i dropped to the floor in cramping pain :D

I started getting up extra early to hit the gym before work last week and got 5 days straight of solid lifts in...figures today im told we're on 10hr days the rest of the week, which means i now have to get up at 2:30am to continue lifting before work. Fuck.lol Obviously the alternative is going to the gym after work, but then there's too many people there...in my way, using shit i need to use, wanting to bullshit. I just cant get an intense, focused, and proper workout in like that. Ok, off to bed now so i can do this shit

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Arms yesterday
I swear they look better than ever now with the higher reps and lots of cable work

I love high reps(that being reps 15-25+) just make sure you're taking some deca and a joint care supplement(glucosamine or another supp). After a few years switching back and forth between high and low reps my elbow has got some tendinitis or something going on.

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Delts and traps this morning. Arnold presses ss with same weight db shoulder presses, seated db side laterals, front laterals...reverse db overhead laterals (hits traps and delts both), closegrip ez bar shrugs, db side shrugs.

Plan on doing bis and tris tomorrow if i can drag my ass outta bed at 2:30 am again. Takes some motivation thats for sure.lol. If i do that will be 7 lifts in 8 days. Feel sore everywhere right now, which is a good thing bc my body adapted to my old routine. Now i'm actually forcing my muscles to grow. Just gotta walk that fine line of doing as much as i can do without overtraining. Overall right now i look much fuller and im very happy about that. Have a good one bros!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bis and tris this am. Seated incline db curls, seated incline low pulley cable curls, db 21's...vertical dips, closegrip benches, cable pressdowns. Legs on the menu for tomorrow

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the shoulders and traps today. I stayed pretty light and just repped the hell out of it. Good burn and felt good when I left.

Glad I pushed myself into the iron room this afternoon.