©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Wide grip hammer pull downs

Seated hammer strength rows

Bent over rows

Free motion cable pull downs

Lower back ext

40 min cardio and done

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Awesome shoulder session today

Delts:
seated db shoulder presses heavy x 3 sets
standing db side laterals ss with seated reverse flyes x 3 rounds, last one dropsets of each
machine shoulder presses ss with machine lateral raises x 3 rounds, last one dropsets
reverse overhead db laterals x 3 sets (for both delts and traps)

Traps:
upright rows with ez bar x 4 sets
heavy closegrip ez bar shrugs x 4
db side shrugs running down the rack till failure each weight x 4 rounds
neck machine x 4

Everything warm and burning big time right now, so i know it was a good one :D

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yesterday I did a short arm workout. Thats 2 days in a row since getting out of the hospital. Only had access to a ez-curl bar and a barbell but made the most of it and did about 10 sets for each exercise which was only 4 different ones. Probably taking today off might hit a light back workout deads and pull ups

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yesterday I did a short arm workout. Thats 2 days in a row since getting out of the hospital. Only had access to a ez-curl bar and a barbell but made the most of it and did about 10 sets for each exercise which was only 4 different ones. Probably taking today off might hit a light back workout deads and pull ups

Shit i didnt even know, must have missed it...what were u in the hospital for bro?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took the day off today. Covered up with my job + needed a little time off today. Planning on shoulders tomorrow.

Gotta say, I miss heavy balls to the wall training. Dammit.

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey guess why I have not been posting? Cuz my fat outta shape has not trained for a while now. Hey mick member those pics where I had that tear in my back?
It was deep purple and looked like heavy bleeding.
That shit is just now allowing me to sleep ok.I did that on superbowl sunday.
light chest little shoulders and back. Man That felt nice... been missing normal (for Me lol) life. been a rough spring and early summer getting better.
Brick are we not about a month overdue on jawing?
Talk soon... T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
First update in some time. I'm still at Hopkins, as there were complications after the transplant. I developed a blood clot which forced an emergency procedure. They stapled me up pretty good after that.

I've been bleeding a lot around incisions, but they expected that.

Over the next few days I was in a lot of pain and pretty mentally out if it.

Just as things were improving, bacteria from my stomach contaminated my blood causing an infection. This set us back more time. And made me feel shitty. At this point my wife and I are beside ourselves as we had no expectations like this. She is really taking hard though.

Then this week, week 3 rolls along and I begin to start feeling like the meds are doing their job and blood work and scans are coming back with more encouraging results!

So we shall see where this lands us.....

Thank you everyone! You been such a huge supporters!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit up some chest and back after work...

Chest:
incline bb presses x 4 sets
flat db flyes ss with same weight db presses x 4 rounds
decline db presses x 3
machine pullovers x 3 last set dropset

Back:
widegrip chins x 4 sets
seated widegrip cable rows x 3
seated closegrip cable rows x 3
seated underhand closegrip cable rows x 3 last set dropset
bent over db rows, running down the rack till failure each weight x 2 rounds

Tomorrow's friday brothers, weekends almost here now :headbang:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You hang in there Atom. This wasn't going to be easy but you're a tough man and you'll get through one step at a time. Keep fighting and moving forward with patience. Its been a huge amount of stress and worry for you and your wife and family. Keep good people by your side for support. I promise better days are coming and you just keep positive thoughts flowing to feed your body with positive healing power. Keep thinking about that day when you can walk back into the gym with your girl, look at each other and smile.

Very happy you checked in. Much love to you brother.

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I hit shoulders and traps today. Lighter weight and hi-reps was the ticket. Bought a Muscle Milk and chugged it down and hit the door feeling good.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
To everyone that's been having health issues, hope you're all feeling better.

Good back, traps and rear delt workout yesterday
Used a new preworkout that actually gave me some good agression without making me jittery.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wheelie bars today

5 min warmup on elliptical max resistance
standard squats x 4 sets
db lunges x 3
one leg machine leg presses x 4
leg extensions x 3 dropsets last one rest pause
hamstring lying leg curls x 4
calf raises on leg press sled-toes in x 2, out x 2, straight x 4 last set dropset
deadlifts x 4 sets

Had the absolute worst hamstring cramp ever after leg curls today...was unbelievable, was yelling out obscenities and was totally incapacitated from it for at least one minute.lol i'll get bad calf cramps after traing them really hard sometimes...but im able to walk those off. This hammy cramp completely took over my bodies ability to function

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had good intentions to hit the gym and an hour before I was going to walk out the door, chemo fatigue hit. So, instead of dumbbell curls I was flat on my ass on the couch. I'm going tomorrow no matter what.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Delts and calves yesterday. Was really hyped as I was looking forward to going toUSA prejudging.

Did a ton of sets since I got there early.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Just smoked some guns

Biceps:
seated incline db curls x 4 last set rest pause
closegrip preachers ez bar x 4 last set dropset
seated incline cable curls x 3 last set rest pause
db 21's x 3

Triceps:
overhead extensions ez bar x 4
machine extensions ss with lying one arm db extensions x 3 rounds last one dropsets
trisets of overhead cable extensions with rope, reverse grip pressdowns, standard pressdowns x 3 rounds last one dropsets

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Who sent out the train guns today memo? Because that's what I did too. Could it be great minds think alike?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Who sent out the train guns today memo? Because that's what I did too. Could it be great minds think alike?

I always do bis/tris on saturdays...plus mid week as well. Like to have my arms nice and pumped for my only night of the week out :D

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Shoulders this afternoon

Delts:
rear bb shoulder presses (bar behind neck) x 3 sets
front bb shoulder presses x 3
seated db side laterals ss with seated reverse flyes x 4 rounds last one dropsets
front lateral raises using low pulley x 3 last set dropset

Traps:
power cleans x 3 sets
rear bb shrugs x 3
front bb shrugs x 4 last one dropset
neck machine x 3