©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I trained arms today & punished them & left nothing on the table.
Barbell curls alt dumb curls preachers
close grip bench skull busters dips

a few sets each exercise heavy till failure.

Sounds like you lost your sick and I found it. ;)
Woke up last night, post nasal hell and sore throat today. That really doesn't change anything. Food and training's going to keep going.
Quad strain is healed up, not going to push it though, just get some blood in there. Hams and calves and abs tonight.
Glad you're feeling better dude.
KILL IT.
Grim

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning ! have a great day . no gym for me yet.. Best wishes Brick.
Thanks, Turb........

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks guys! No gym for me either T. Still very sore and swollen. Getting' there slowly. One day I'll be back in the iron.

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
My split is all messed up this wk due to the flu but I trained back/calves & abs..

T bar rows - weighted chins - deads
seated & standing calve raises
15 minutes of abs...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Just get the needed rest Brick and you will be back to your old self.
When you get feeling better give me a call or I can call you.
Thanks and heal well. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Brothers, got word today that my biopsy report was good. No further treatments are planned. If you heard a man yell "Fuckin A+!" off in the distance today. That would have been me. HUGE RELIEF!! Now I'm ready to just get back on my feet and sling some iron. That is still quite a few weeks away though.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Brothers, got word today that my biopsy report was good. No further treatments are planned. If you heard a man yell "Fuckin A+!" off in the distance today. That would have been me. HUGE RELIEF!! Now I'm ready to just get back on my feet and sling some iron. That is still quite a few weeks away though.
Best news I've heard today 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Brick, that's amazing news brother. I'm looking forward to your logging your workouts again once you're smashing some plates.

Hit abs, calves and hams last night. Prioritized the abs and calves and you just forget how important that is. Crushed abs with 15 sets of practially non stop punishment and the very first rep of calf raises generated a HUGE contraction.
What a pump! It was amazing. Hams were crazy strong surprisingly (working the calves helps to take them out of the picture somewhat when training hams), and I finished my last set and almost fell to the floor literally my legs went into such cramp/spasm. It was rewarding and yet had me in the 'did I go too far this time' zone. Yep, we're all a bit masochistic.
KILL IT today brothers.
G.

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
This weeks split has fucked up my routine a bit but I hit chest/traps/calves & abs this morning.

Incline dumb - flat barb - weighted dips
upright rows - shrugs
seated calve raises & 20 minutes ab work.

Gonna finally take 2 days off then get back on track w/ my split.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Ah, nite off. Well, if you consider cooking a massive amount of food for the next couple of days 'off'... At least my fridge is now stocked with prepared muscle fuel baby! Tomorrow is delts and triceps. This workout scheme I have for these two muscle groups is great, I'm liking how I blow up after a few exercises, everything ties together nicely and there's some heavy reps, some moderate, some repping until those fibers are screaming it's a regular potpourri of pain mofos!
Enjoy your night wherever you are, find passion and joy in your toiling and of course always KILL IT.
Grim

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning bricks people.. Well gonna be the first day back
in the gym with some tiny wts and hopefully cardio.
Just something to move some blood and get moving forward...
Mssed you guys here over the last few months.As brick and I would say
spring /summer and sunshine is right around the corner! Lets get
it turned up a notch in the gym! Have a great day! Turbobusa.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You guys keep hitting' it hard and give me some inspiration to get back to the iron. They told me 6 weeks so I am hoping the end of March?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Decline pullover x4
CG Pulldown x6 last was a drop
Barbell Row x5 last was a drop
2 arm DB Row x5
HS High row x6 last burnout
Shrug on Calf machine x6

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
You guys keep hitting' it hard and give me some inspiration to get back to the iron. They told me 6 weeks so I am hoping the end of March?

Brick, they told me I'd be out 5-6 weeks after my surgery... After my follow up 8 days after surgery, the doc cleared me to train... keep mentally strong. Positivity seems to do crazy things....

I don't think I posted it here because this week has been nuts, but we adopted an 11 week old dachshund mix from a shelter last weekend. She is the cutest little pup... my girl and I both fell in love with her when she hit the ground at our house and started running around.

My girl decided she is going to add size until April then diet for our wedding. She is very lean right now with striated shoulders....

Last night was glutes and shoulders

RDLs 4 sets of 8

superset
Sumo Leg Press 4 sets of 12 with a 3 second negative ss w/
Seated Leg curls 4 sets of 12 with 10 partials after each set

Adductors and Abductors 5 sets, 6, 8, 15, 20 and 25

Donkey Claf Press 4 sets of 12, last set was DC style

Superset
Smith Shoulder Press 5 sets of 8
Db Side Laterals 5 sets of 10

Superset
Hammer Strength behind the neck Shoulder Press 2 sets of 15 then 1 DC style rest pause set in the 15-20 range
Rear Delts Bent over on the side lateral machine 3 sets of 15

Widowmaker DB upright rows I use 35lbs DBs and got something like 32 reps... PAINFUL!

We will be reducing volume a little more and adding in more DC principles as more drop sets, partials, and statics. It seems to work better for gaining weight and will give us a change of pace from the high volume...

Here are pics of our little girl, her name is Lily :)

Attachments

• Our pup.jpg
    Our pup.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 16
  • My two girls.jpg
    My two girls.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 17

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation

Scrolling back through the thread... this is awesome!!!!

Very happy for you Brick!!!!