©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Tomorow will be first day in gym for almost 10 days. Went from one of the worst flu's of my lifetime tonot knowing I had a tear in my right outer lower lat. Fairly deep purple.should heal up with some caution back in the gym. Enuff of my whiny shit. Good luck to the brick.prayers and positive thoughts to our super tough big hearted friend....T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Tomorow will be first day in gym for almost 10 days. Went from one of the worst flu's of my lifetime tonot knowing I had a tear in my right outer lower lat. Fairly deep purple.should heal up with some caution back in the gym. Enuff of my whiny shit. Good luck to the brick.prayers and positive thoughts to our super tough big hearted friend....T

Damn... get well turbo... rub some Dit Da Jao on that shit :)

If y'all have any GI issues or advice for those with GI issues, I posted a thread about it...

http://www.anasci.org/vB/diet-nutri...issues-dietary-considerations.html#post259285

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Pushdowns, Rev Bench and Lying DB Ext's for tris

Machine preacher, EZ curl and behind head cable curl for bi's

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Brick

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning... Cardio day today.... Thanks for Brick update phoe!
Heal like a champ Brick. We have a bike ride or two coming up next summer... Everyone have a great day................thx T

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Afternoon folks! I broke down chest/ Biceps & calves/

Flat bench dumb - Incline Dunb - weighted dips
standing barbell curls - dumb curls & preachers.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Just got the word thebrick is out of surgery out of surgery and doing well

Great to hear!!!

Godspeed and best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Last night was Back Thickness and Tris:

Behind the Neck Hammer Pulldowns - 5 sets of 8 (we always start the session with a width exercise to loosen things up)

Superset
Hammer strength Deads - 4 sets of 8
Low Cable Rows 3 sets, the last set was a double drop set (hellacious super set)

Superset
BB Bent Row - 3 sets of 8 then 1 high rep set, almost like a widowmaker
DB Rows - 4 sets of 10 (probably should have done a chest supported row here... back was on FIRE)

Superset
Stretchers - 3 sets of 15, the last set was a double drop
Back Hyperextensions - 3 sets of 15 dropping the weight and repping out each set

V-Bar triceps pressdowns - 4 sets of 20, screaming hard
Close grip Banded Smith Bench - 4 sets of 8
reverse Grip Pressdowns Leaning at a 45 degree angle - 4 sets of 12, the last set was a double drop

Unreal pump! Back was sore as anything and tris felt like balloons!!!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Last night was just quads. I'm liking splitting them and hams up, which will be tonight. Pace is pretty quick, 60-75 seconds rest on sets, volume for the most part. Adding weight on the bars and scale, liking that. After another week, if I maintain my weight in a 'holding pattern' I'm going to add some more food to keep moving upward.

Left rectus femoris started to tighten during hacks - which are about halfway through the workout, so I backed off by one set, didn't want to really strain it for no good reason. Shame though, I had LOTS left in the tank, but injuries happen and I'm smart enough to listen to my body.
Did some smith machine front squats to help stretch/finish quads off followed by 4 sets of leg extensions. 10 minutes on the step mill to squeeze some more blood into the quads and flex them methodically, almost like posing practice.

Soaked in bath after PWO meal, rubbed some arnica into the area going to foam roll after work today. Hams tonight baby!

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Back day. I'm not getting enough sleep and we're back to working 7 days a week so probably just cut down to 2 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off til we get back to 6 days a week which isn't in the foreseeable future😭😭😭

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Last night was just quads. I'm liking splitting them and hams up, which will be tonight. Pace is pretty quick, 60-75 seconds rest on sets, volume for the most part. Adding weight on the bars and scale, liking that. After another week, if I maintain my weight in a 'holding pattern' I'm going to add some more food to keep moving upward.

Left rectus femoris started to tighten during hacks - which are about halfway through the workout, so I backed off by one set, didn't want to really strain it for no good reason. Shame though, I had LOTS left in the tank, but injuries happen and I'm smart enough to listen to my body.
Did some smith machine front squats to help stretch/finish quads off followed by 4 sets of leg extensions. 10 minutes on the step mill to squeeze some more blood into the quads and flex them methodically, almost like posing practice.

Soaked in bath after PWO meal, rubbed some arnica into the area going to foam roll after work today. Hams tonight baby!

We've been splitting them up as well... tonight is hammies :)

Gym was packed last night... We navigated as best as we could...

Last night, Chest and Bis... always a fun session!

Freemotion Cable Chest Press - 3 sets of 15, slow negatives, constant tension (getting blood in the chest)
Incline DB Bench - 4 sets of 6-8
Hammer Strength Banded Incline Press - 4 sets of 8-10, hard contraction at the top, slow negatives and deep stretch at the bottom
Smith Wide Bench - 3 sets of 10, last set was a drop set, we also added some forced reps
Pec Deck - 3 sets of 12, 5 partials after set 1, 10 after set 2, 15 after set 3, then dropped the weight, did max reps and as many partials as we could get

Hammer Strength Preacher - 4 sets of 12, slow negative
Incline Bench DB curls - 4 sets of 8-10, flexed triceps at the bottom for full extension of bis
Standing Cable Iso Curls - 4 sets of 15, last set was a drop set... super pumped!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
No gym today. Any update on Brick? I am hoping he is recovering well and is comfortable as possible.. Have a great day everyone .... thx T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
No gym today. Any update on Brick? I am hoping he is recovering well and is comfortable as possible.. Have a great day everyone .... thx T

Phoe said Brick is doing great. He is feeling good and the surgery was successful

Well, tonight might be our off night instead of tomorrow... my girl just said she is at work puking and has been feeling sick all day. If she has what I had last week, we'll go to the ER to get an IV and some meds to stop the diarrhea. I was so dehydrated I started shaking uncontrollably and was freezing cold, with teeth chattering.

It sound like she is feeling just as I did...

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Update: NO hams tonight. Strain is worse than thought initially, wearing compression, some motrin. Basically in acute phase. Going to try to keep stretching, massaging compression to get this thing to heal up ASAP. We'll see!