©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Chest went good yesterday. Training partner is wrestling with shoulder pain. Always something when we push this hard long-term. Got back down for today. May try some heavy deads for some fun.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Hitting back hard today. I've had to take it easy for the last month due to lower back pains. Suppose to get an MRI done in 2 weeks but felt good deadlifting today.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Killed arms today. Strength is through the roof skull crushers with 4 25's per side with the ezcurl bar so 225 only got 2 myself and assistance on a 3rd. Back and light shoulders yesterday. We've been off due to cold weather supposed to he in the 20-30 below zero range tonight.

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Arms today as well brothers
Barbell curl – Use the Grip4orce on these and just do sets of 8 taking small jumps up once you are warmed up. I want 5 sets of 8. The last set should be to failure around 8 reps. 5 total work sets.
Hammer curl – Do sets of 8 full reps and then 8 partials out of the bottom. Do all reps on one arm, and then do the other arm. Use the Grip4orce this time. total work sets.
Z Reverse curl – Just 4 straight sets of 15 on these. Bring the bar all the way up and flex your arms (biceps and forearms) on each rep. 4 total work sets.
Rope pushdowns – Do plenty of warm ups then do 8 sets of 12 with a flex at the bottom. 8 total work sets.
Grip4orce squeezes – Just close the grips and squeeze as long and as hard as you can. Do 2 sets of this.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
What better way to end the year then with some heavy ass fuckin legs. Happy new years brothers and don't drink and drive get a taxi much cheaper in the long run

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Legs today. Not heavy ass ones though. 2nd light leg break in day done .
Last leg work was in about august. glad to be in he gym again.
Happy and safe new-year to all. Brick I'm thinking about what a year that this has been. Life is a trip brother . best wishes for all to have an outstanding 2015 in all aspects . Take time to notice those less fortunate and show your
heart. Happy new year to all the bricks hangout crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THX T

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Legs today, deloading here as well.
Lying leg curls – 2-3 warm up sets. Do 3 sets of 12. Do all 3 sets like this.
Leg press – Do sets of 12, and keep going up until you can barely get 12. We’ll count 4 sets.
Leg extensions – 3 sets of 15 reps where you hold and flex each rep for 2 seconds.
Dumbell stiff legged deads – Do 2 sets of 20. 2 total work sets.
Happy New Years brothers!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Chest yesterday

Machine fly 3 sets
Incline BB x4
HS Dip x3 Came to a dead stop at the bottom.
Flat fly x4
Pullover x2

Actually a little sore today. I don't get sore very often anymore. I like it. :D

Ready to watch some serious college football today!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Happy new year brothers! I was in bed by 10:00. I'm a party animal. :D Wife and I went out for Thai food, came come, had a couple shots of Jack and we enjoyed being home and watched the party on TV.

T, so, so true. I am hoping for a better 2015 for all of us! We need to touch base friend.

Planning on shoulders and traps after lunch. Took the day off yesterday and let my body heal. I was sore which is exactly what makes me smile.

Let's kick off 2015 right brothers!

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
About to head out and lift. Today is chest day. I work my chest twice a week because I struggle with it so much. I'll may start a thread when I get back of my chest work out and some pics to see if I can get some help.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
About to head out and lift. Today is chest day. I work my chest twice a week because I struggle with it so much. I'll may start a thread when I get back of my chest work out and some pics to see if I can get some help.
Chest day here as well and yea most definitely I'll sure chickenhawk or psych would be your best bet on bench but hell I'm sure we could all help you out somehow

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Chest day here as well and yea most definitely I'll sure chickenhawk or psych would be your best bet on bench but hell I'm sure we could all help you out somehow
It drives me nuts. My bench is going up. It's just the way my chest looks that gets to me. I'll def post later on.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Happy new year! Brick I'm going to make a point of some talk time this weekend . You and grim both. Had one of the quietest eves here in years. was with my family at ma in laws and just had a mellow night
Heading in for chest and shoulders shortly. Summer is just around the corner. Thx T.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
ok just back from chest and shoulders. Got what I needed. Was nice .
Have great night. Back tomorrow, peace ... T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sand, I hear ya and I don't feel guilty either. LOL

Had the best dang shoulder/trap workout I have had all year. Heaviest weights pushed and the intensity was there for the full hour. My training partner was fried after we were done and he's 10 years younger than me. Just all came together. Gotta love it.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
back yesterday and it's sore already. Two workouts in a row where I've gotten sore. I'm shocked.

Decline Pullovers x3
CG pulldowns x3
Barbell row x4
Two arm dumbell row x3
Rack deads x4
HS High row x5
Calf machine shruggs x4

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Chest/Shoulders/Triceps today
Banded hammer press – After a few warm up sets, just crank out 4 hard sets of 8.
Incline dumbell press – Work sets on this, make sure you get a good stretch, and drive to ¾ lockout. Do 4 sets of 8 here with a good weight.
Reverse band bench press – Just like last week! Do sets of 5 up to a weight you can do a solid 5 reps with.
Stick with it and do 3 sets of 5. Thenmove your grip in a tad and do 3 more sets of 8 reps. You’ll have to lighten weight a bit for this obviously. 6 total work sets.
Rope pushdowns – Do 10 reps flexing hard at the bottom. Do 5 sets with
60 second breaks. 5 total work sets.
Bench dips – 3 sets to failure. Use 3 second descents. Your tris will be on fire. 3 total work sets. Get a good 30 second stretch on each tricep 2 x.
Dumbell side laterlas – Pyramid up. Do 15, 12, 10 and 8 reps as you up each time. total work sets.
Cage press – 3 x 6