©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Barbell curls
Spider curl
Hs Curl

Bent knee HS calf
Wide HS calf
1 leg calf

Smith squat
HS ext
LP

Lying Curl
DB RDL
Butt blaster machine :D

The LP has been the exercise that has been giving my hips the most problems.
So yesterday I dropped the back support all the way down and only put three plates on each side.

I banged out 65 reps with that. It felt good but I'm not sure I could learn to enjoy that.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
You know what feels good? It feels good to be sore.... not simply to be sore, but what being sore means. It means you are pushing your body, testing your limits an overloading the muscle. You are forcing your body to adapt and placing an increased stress on your body... it means you are healthy enough to actually push your body... it means you have ability to get up every morning and privilege to go to a gym and kick ass... it means we get to enjoy a lifestyle we take pride in...

There is so much that goes into just being sore... When some people have terminal illnesses, live in 3rd world countries or are being struck down with oppression, we are able to go to the gym and push our bodies to our physical limits and eat food to support it... and come back and do it all again... what an honor and blessing it is to be able to see how far your body can take you... it is simple stuff like that that we don't stop to think about and realize how blessed we really are...

Right now my triceps are throbbing, chest feels hammered and I think I still have a lat pump... we are a unique breed, but this is what makes us thrive

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Excellent post Atom! I like that sore feeling too. lets me know I did something good.

Hit the shoulders and traps yesterday. Did a few extras on the front end to warm it all up. Colder weather means longer warm-ups for me. Once I was there I pushed it. Went heavy on my shrugs too. Bicep seems fine now.

Today is the Friday gun show. Let's make this a good one!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Bi's, tri's and traps tonight. Ready to hit it hard after 4 days off, feeling good and rested and primed. Weekends here brothers, good stuff!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Hey guys not sure if I'm gonna make my 5am workout tomorrow
At the Hard Rock watching Volbeat, Hell Yeah and FFDP.
Been a long time since I've been to a concert.
Loud as a mother!
Hope everyone's enjoying their Friday night

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Yep, went to bed at 2am and up at 7.

Just gonna skip the day and take as many naps as my body wants while doing nothing all day.

Tomorrow I will Kill It, I promise. :D

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest, delts and back after i go bake in the tanning bed today. A little sore from yesterday, was gonna do legs instead but think ill hit those tomorrow anyways. Got a 10 hour power sleep so Im ready to crush some iron today for sure. Hope the weekends treatin everybody good so far

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Beautiful sunny fall day here in N.E. Ohio today. Gonna take advantage of it and wash the truck up so it's nice and shiny for my trip to the gym :D Legs and forearms today to wrap up the split

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Hope everyone's doing well and hitting it hard!
Been sort of AWOL lately. Still training, lost my training partner due to his work schedule, but might have another maniac to jump in.
Hit back yesterday and did some serious volume and when I got done I was definitely ready to puke. 45-60 seconds rest MAX - yep, even on barbell rows. WTF am I thinking LOL.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to see you Grim!

Hit the wheels today. I got me a good one in. Good weight and intensity. Love it when I walk into the gym after a rest day. They always turn out good.

Monday means chest tomorrow. I'll be ready.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Legs mofo legs and killed em. I'm gonna be sore

Safety bar squats
1-20 135
2-15 225
3-10 315
4-6 405
5-3 495
6-1 585 with bands

Leg press each time doubling weight
1-50
2-40
3-30
4-20
5-15
6-10
7-6
8-4 drop set

Leg extensions
1-25
2-20
3-15
4-15
5-12
6-10
7-8
8-6

Stiff legged DL
1-15 135
2-15
3-15
4-15

Leg curls
1-25
2-15
3-15
4-12
5-6
6-13

No cardio

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Back on track after my concert all niter.

Racks 455x6
Parallel chins 35x11
dec. pullover 90x15

HS Inc 290x8
Dip 75x13
Mac. Fly ?

HS press 200x10
laterals 30x12
BB Smith upright 185x15

Pushdown 85x9
CG Dec Bench 225x13
larry Scott ext w/rope 110x17

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sand, I hope you carbed up on that night out :p

Damn my legs are sore.... and I did a morning power walk. Chest after lunch!

Let's make some noise in the gym brothers!

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
PRRS Shock week

Chest:-
Hammer bench (1xDC rest-pause)
Hammer Incline (1x DC rest pause)
Neck Press + Flyes (3xsupersets)

Triceps:-
Smith CGBP + overhead DB ext (2x Supersets)
Pushdown (2x Dropsets)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Sand, I hope you carbed up on that night out :p

Damn my legs are sore.... and I did a morning power walk. Chest after lunch!

Let's make some noise in the gym brothers!

Brick, I am hobbling today... we are in our last blast week and freaking dying..

Yesterday went like this:
Loading (heavy) Sets
This Giant set 3 times
Smith Squats
Lying Leg curls
Smith Squats
Leg Extensions

Angled Calf Press 5 sets
Sideways 1-leg leg press 4 sets

Pump sets each pairing 3 times
Superset
hammer pulldown
low cable row

Superset
Hammer chest
Machine laterals

Superset
Hammer machine curls
V-bar pressdowns

I made venison as our last meal yesterday and my girl loved it! I had it marinade in a ginger, soy, sesame, white vinegar and teryaki mix. Then braised it in a ginger and soy sauce. It was amazing! My supervisor gave me about 15 pounds of steaks and said he has more whenever I want it... The ginger sauce I use is one from costco... this stuff makes any stir fry or Asian dish jump with flavor. It is amazing what a simple mix of flavors can do to a meat... As a sidebar, I always add an oil to my marinades when I am not dieting as it really helps to keep the meat tender and it always comes out moist (when cooked properly lol). I also add vinegar or diet cola when marinading lean meats as it seems to help break down the toughness.

Tonight will be heavy upper body training with pump sets for lower body... and I feel like I am taking one step further into the depths of hell... but it feels so good :)