©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Good one today. I should feel this one tmrw. Hopefully anyway.

Barbell Curl 95x8
DB Preacher 35x14 (Both at same time)
Rev. Curl 60x19

Stand Calf 320x7
HS Calf 380x13
Seated Calf 135x17

Smith Squat 245x8 (Yea pretty weak but I had stopped training legs completely for a few years and I just can't get them back up now. These are done slowly too.)
Hack 250x13
Close stance LP 500x17

Leg Curl 125x8
Smith Romanian DL 185x11
Seated Curl 110x15

Funny thing is that when I competed twenty years ago my legs were a strong point.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Ok, tonight was back. Volume was the name of the game here. I love it, seem to always respond well to it, so, without further ado, tonight's "Back Attack"
1-2 min rest between sets

BB Pullovers w/ EZ curl bar 2x10
Rev Grip Hammer Strength pulldowns 4x10
Wide Grip Pulldowns 4x10
Hammer Strength Seated One Arm Rows 2x10 warmup, 3x10
Close Grip Pulldowns 3x10 (supinated grip)
BB rows 4x10
Close Grip (parallel grip) seated rows 2x10
Wide Grip (pronated grip) seated rows 2x10
Hyperextensions 2x15 (w/ added weight)

Tiring and rewarding stuff.
Let's eat.
G.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Finally got across the country and no lifting for me other than a few 12oz beers and a 16oz prime rib. Hitting the gym tomorrow.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to see you IB!

Had a good back session yesterday. Had my best pulls since Mr. Cisplatin was coursing thru my veins in May. Love hitting back. Makes my world go 'round.

Gonna rest today. 3 good ones in a row. Time for the ol man to take a rest day. Sun is bright and work is slowing down for the 4th so sounds like some yard work is on my menu. Can I count that as cardio?

Have a good one guys and don't forget to buy the grill supplies.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Killed chest, back, delts and tri's today

Not sure why but I had a great pump and I'm only doing three work sets per body part. But I'll take it.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
About to go punish bis tris and traps. Then chest, back, delts tomorrow. Gotta look my best for the holiday festivities :D. Saturday off, have party and camping to go to, then hopefully feel good enough to blast legs on Sunday. Hope you brothers have yourself a great 4th tomorrow and be safe!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Trained shoulders and traps yesterday. I did a flyes only workout for delts, no pressing. I think it was better for my shoulder pains. Planning on doing that now. Traps went good too. Love shrugging a heavy barbell.

Planning on guns today. Gotta look nice shoving BBQ in my face later :p And there are a couple Shiner Bock's in the fridge with my name on it.

You guys have a great 4th!!

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Legs and bi's first thing in the am yesterday.

Set the tone for a great day.

Off today. Going to support some friends at a local show today.

Have a good one guys.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit guns on the 4th. Gym was mostly empty. Gotta love it. It was hard and heavy. I am really trying to ramp it back up and I seem to be making some headway.

Wife and I hit a good BBQ spot for dinner. Pulled pork, baked beans, cole slaw and cornbread. Chilled out at home later and watched the neighborhood party. Perfect for an after-workout recovery.

Got legs down for today.

Hope you brothers had a good one too!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit chest and bi's yesterday first day of lifting this week being on the road in a small town really sucks especially through the holidays no one at the local gym to get a pass. Monday moving to a bigger city so much easier to find a gym. Been on standby all week but hell still getting paid so no complaint here. Just boring

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Yesterday was legs with a good friend of mine. Powerlifter, BBer, genetic mutant. SHE is amazing. We hit leg press I go you go style from 3 plates up to 10 a side then back down to 3. Followed by hacks, smith squats. Lying leg curls, seated leg curls. I did stiff leg dls, she did walking lunges we finished up with hypers - she was concentrating on glutes only, I was working hams/glutes/erectors, so different ROM. She texted me last night, "My legs feel like they're bleeding. How are you?" I LOLd. Legs are really full today, not too bad, but the aerobic component of those presses was murder. Awesome.
G.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Happy late 4th guys. Still moving. Caught a needed shoulder workout cause I was in severe shoulder pain and needed them some theraband and old fashion iron and now better. Thks Grim. Today legs and currently in cramp mode city so I am pounding down some watermelon at 12 midnight. Im still around and sorry not as much. Great seeing everyone is having some blown up gym time. ..

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Trained shoulders and traps yesterday. I did a flyes only workout for delts, no pressing. I think it was better for my shoulder pains. Planning on doing that now. Traps went good too. Love shrugging a heavy barbell.

Planning on guns today. Gotta look nice shoving BBQ in my face later :p And there are a couple Shiner Bock's in the fridge with my name on it.

You guys have a great 4th!!

Yesterday was legs with a good friend of mine. Powerlifter, BBer, genetic mutant. SHE is amazing. We hit leg press I go you go style from 3 plates up to 10 a side then back down to 3. Followed by hacks, smith squats. Lying leg curls, seated leg curls. I did stiff leg dls, she did walking lunges we finished up with hypers - she was concentrating on glutes only, I was working hams/glutes/erectors, so different ROM. She texted me last night, "My legs feel like they're bleeding. How are you?" I LOLd. Legs are really full today, not too bad, but the aerobic component of those presses was murder. Awesome.
G.
I'd love to train with a female that can kick my ass or at least keep up with me.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, hope you can find a kick-ass gym and throw some weights!!!
Grim, that sounds freakin' awesome. Love it.
IB, man! good to see you. Glad you checked in!

I hit legs yesterday. Making progress but I have a ways to go after missing those months. Slow and steady.

I'm gonna be scarce for a few days brothers. Wife and I are headed to the beach for a few days. I'm gonna be washing down fried oysters and soft-shell crab with a couple cold ones. Gonna give the diet the finger until later in the week. I am planning to train a couple days. There is a small but nice gym very close. Been there before. Later... if you see a "do not disturb" on the doorknob, I'll just catch up with you all later LOL Really looking forward to this after the first half of the year!!!! You guys are great and thank you for being the good men you are!