©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok its going to be legs in a minute here. I'm putting bb squats away for a minute.
I keep fucking up my right shoulder arm trap nerves when I squat.
Sorry for my absence. had to take some time to take charge of my household .
Nice got me disrespectful . The quiet psychotic thug I keep tucked away visited to get things on track.yeah i too was fresh the fuck outta nice.
Now I can be nice again... If you are forced ton choose a seat choose the drivers seat....... All have a great day. legs are about to get toasted... T

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I know exactly what youre saying T, sometimes you just gotta be an asshole to get the point across even though you dont wanna be that way. Its unfortunate that being a nice guy gets you shit on from time to time. Legs for me today too, probably throw some bi/tri pump sets at the end to get me by the next few days if i cant make it to the gym.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Damn, I hit the wheels today too. Must be something going round here. I'm ramping up the weight and intensity on the legs after my absence on those. Feeling good. Added another pound or two since May.

Let's start the week off right and look Monday square in the eye.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
SMASHED legs yesterday, was amazing. BEST "hell on (my) wheels" I've had in months. No doubt. Can't wait to punish them next Saturday.
Tomorrow chest and calves feel the wrath.
Today was a cool experience. At the supermarket, woman with some kids going crazy jumping around. I had to get past and patiently smiled, waiting (I have kids, I know it's hard work sometimes) she said 'Oh, I'm sorry. Hey, are you a lifter? You know, a bodybuilder?' I answered yes. She said 'Amazing. I work with a guy who is a bodybuilder, you guys get so huge. That's awesome!'
I said, 'Well, we're trying, and thanks so much for that.'

I wasn't expecting that comment from her, but sometimes it's nice that our pursuits can be something that actually brings pleasure to others. Hope you guys have a wonderful night, thanks for reading and I wish you all a couple more lbs on the bar and on your scales in hard earned muscle. You guys rock.
G.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Thats awesome Grim! It doesnt happen often, but when the sincere compliments come its a great feeling. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Grim that's great. Especially when it catches you off guard a little.

Meanwhile, I can't wait for today's workout in about an hour or so. First repeat workout on the program. Time to bump it up a notch.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Saturday's Quad/Ham session:

Leg extensions (warmup) 3x20
Leg Press 1x15(warmup), 4x15 (add weight each set)
Hack Squat 1x10(warmup), 3x10
Smith machine front squat 3x10
Barbell lunges 3x6-8
Leg Extensions 4x12-15
Seated Leg Curls 3x12
Lying Leg Curls 4x12
DB stiff-legged deadlifts 3x10
Wide Leg Press 2x10-12
Standing Leg Curls 3x12

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Holy shit guys.... been forever! Hope you are all doing well.

Done with the shows and we just got done with a little cruise week so now we are starting Titan Training. in full today. Last week we just followed the template. I've done muscle rounds with her before and she pushes it and this week gave her an idea of what the sequence and exercises will be.

It was funny, she looked at the program and goes, "How can this work?" I explained to her the increased frequency and levels of intensity and how using various rep schemes, load and volume target the muscle differently. She was like, well, let's see how it feels. We got done with the muscle round days and she goes, "HOLY SHIT! I love that! What a great workout!" We were only going light and she said it was starting to burn. Now she sees how frequency and intensity need to vary and work in unison.

Have a great week brothers!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Yesterday was fun. i did not have to take 30minutes to get my shoulfder to allow a bar on my back . Started with leg exts and then to hams. from there I went to hacks . narrow stance I went 2 plate 3 plates 4 plates 5 plates 6 plates 7 plates 8 plates all for nice sets . The last set made me really dig and i could only manage 6-7 reps.All sets done ass to heals. I then went to a few sets leg press . back to seated plate loaded hams I was spent. Gym was about 95 degrees inside and no air .Perfect soreness today. Today is misc.. Abs calves forearms etc. fun day. T All have a good one.. Hey Grim all the emails I send you are bouncing back ? IB are you still dazed from the trip? LOL. Call me IB and Grim... T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Headed from one side of the country to the other don't know how much training I'll be able to fit in but gonna try. Today would've been national chest day. Enjoy your week brothers

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Yesterday was fun. i did not have to take 30minutes to get my shoulfder to allow a bar on my back . Started with leg exts and then to hams. from there I went to hacks . narrow stance I went 2 plate 3 plates 4 plates 5 plates 6 plates 7 plates 8 plates all for nice sets . The last set made me really dig and i could only manage 6-7 reps.All sets done ass to heals. I then went to a few sets leg press . back to seated plate loaded hams I was spent. Gym was about 95 degrees inside and no air .Perfect soreness today. Today is misc.. Abs calves forearms etc. fun day. T All have a good one.. Hey Grim all the emails I send you are bouncing back ? IB are you still dazed from the trip? LOL. Call me IB and Grim... T

I clicked 'like' cause I don't have to answer emails. KIDDING!
Email is good bro, tested earlier, maybe you done typed it wrong when you were all fried from hacks!
I'll hit you up laterololz.

Welcome back Atom!
G.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Great story Grim! That had to feel good!
Sandpig, sounding like you are hittin' it + some!
ATOM! BROTHER! Good to see you here!
Phoe, busy is good! Hope you can get some training in!
T- I used to belong to a gym like that. They didn't turn on the air until it was HOT! Lost my lunch after a leg workout years ago in that place. Loved that gym.

Chest after lunch!

Pekkerwood

Apr 14, 2014
Nice props Grim. Sometimes its good to hear from people who are not looking down there nose at you for pursuing something a bit hard to do!

Beware, however, this can be actual progression (Sigh):

1. Who do you play for?
2. Do you Wrestle?
3. Wondering stares but no comments.
4. Who did you play for?
5. Did you wrestle?

6. DUDE, DO YOU EVEN LIFT? LOL

In order not to highjack serious thread, today:

Walked two miles with dog I am sitting. (Pitbull, cannot walk with my little guys yet)

Chesticles:

Warm Up Then:

Flat Bench:
Bar x 30

95 x 30

185 x 15

225 x 15

225 x 20

Walk away, walk away.

Incline Dumbells: ( Cannot help with knee lift up cause of artificial hip)

80 x 15
90x 15
100 x 15
110 x (Who knows) Don't make fun this is real answer

Dumbell Flys:

Multiple sets of 50 or 60 whatever is available. Stretch, pump, but no strain) ( See past shoulder injuries)

Dips:

Bodyweight only to either cardio or muscle fatigue. Currently 260

Triceps:

Pressdowns with triangle. Stack for reps 4 times.

Cable extensions, 4 Sets.

Overhead Rope Extensions: Till I am pissed off.

Abs:

Hanging leg lifts for at least 50.
Crunch Machine: If I ignore Science

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
usually when I do any kinda log, I don't list weight. First the weight is relative to the individual and second when doing volume, it's a pain in the ass to list all the sets.

Since I only do one work set here, it should be easier.

HS Inc 280x8
Dec 225x12
Dip 50x17

Parallel chin 30x8
db row 70x13 (Both arms same time)
Dec pullover 85x17

Smith PBN 160x8
Wide grip uprights 95x13
Rear machine fly 160x17

Rev smith bench 205x8
Dec. extension 100x13
Rope Scott's 90x20

The Scotts are a leaning cable ext. As favored by Larry Scott. I drop the pulley down to about chin level and then back my ass up to the pole. Then bend so my body is parallel with floor. Much better stretch that way than leaving the pulley up high.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
This is the Scott version, I don't use a bench. I would if I could. A regular bench doesn't cut it.

Michael Gundill performs wide grip triceps extension " Scott's or Gironda's style - YouTube

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Long day hit the road at 9am just now laying down at 2 am the following day. I am looking forward to hitting some weights when things settle down a little Wednesday hopefully maybe as early as tomorrow as long as I find a decent gym. G'night brothers

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Last night was the start of Titan Training...

Smith Squats 5 x 10, 8, 6, 5, 4
Stiff legged deads 5 x 10, 8, 6, 5, 4
Calves 5 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 5

Superset of Seated Cable Bench Press 4 x 12 with Wide Freemotion Pulldowns 4 x 12

Superset of Freemtion Shoulder Press 4 x 12 with Full hip raises 4 x 15

Superset of seated cable biceps curls 4 x 15 with Freemotion cable Triceps extensions 4 x 15

Great workout! The supersets are like cardio and the heavy training beats you up pretty good. My hammies are killing me today

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
i'm really pumped today about hitting back hard. About to hop on the hog like some gym-rat biker-trash and head to the power rack. I want to do some rack deads today and see if I can get some of my strength back after my recent trials and tribulations. I'm hoping that muscle memory is not a myth.

IB? Missing you bro.

Make some noise brothers and don't be shy!

Last edited: